Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

8:1 - Ashley J. Williams vs. Pvt. Jeanette Vasquez

UMPIRE

SEASON 8, ROUND 1

Ashley J. Williams

Slot: The Team's Survivor
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Ashley J. Williams at this Wiki
Official Site: Anchor Bay Entertainment

Pvt. Jeanette Vasquez

Slot: The Team's Survivor
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Pvt. Jeanette Vasquez at this Wiki
Official Site: Twentieth Century Fox

Battle Terrain
Survival Challenge: Who survives the sinking of the Titanic

2 hours ago, Fox said:

Well, it is a well known historical fact that women and children were given the lifeboats as the Titanic went down.Ā  That would seem to give Vasquez the advantage.

Ā 

Except Vasquez might be mistaken for a man, have you?

Ā 

1 hour ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Except Vasquez might be mistaken for a man, have you?

Apart from being stacked as hell...Ā šŸ˜›

Honestly I figure both could survive this, but I'll give Private Vasquez the vote

I donā€™t think Ash is following any women/children initiative. Also, Ash is much more resourceful of the two, he builds things in the Middle Ages fro goodness sake, heā€™s far more likely to get some raft together if need be.

Ā 

I donā€™t think Vazquez is especially well-equipped for this or most survival matches. I love the character, but she doesnā€™t survive her one screen appearance.

28 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I feel like Ash might just jump onto a lifeboat regardless of what anyone says

True but so would Vasquez I feel.

10 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I donā€™t think Ash is following any women/children initiative. Also, Ash is much more resourceful of the two, he builds things in the Middle Ages forĀ goodness sake, heā€™s far more likely to get some raft together if need be.

Ā 

I donā€™t think Vazquez is especially well-equipped for this or most survival matches. I love the character, but she doesnā€™t survive her one screen appearance.

Hard disagree. Her not surviving the Aliens movie has nothing to do with surviving this, which honestly she could do with ease. She just has to be on a raft.Ā 

1 minute ago, C.T. said:

True but so would Vasquez I feel.

Hard disagree. Her not surviving the Aliens movie has nothing to do with surviving this, which honestly she could do with ease. She just has to be on a raft.Ā 

If youā€™re looking at it that way, then I guess itā€™s a tie? My point is that Ash has shown heā€™s good at cobbling together things, and if he needed to come up with a good enough raft to float until theyā€™re rescued, I trust him over Vazquez. Sheā€™s a tough soldier, but we donā€™t see much else of her capabilities in Aliens.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

If youā€™re looking at it that way, then I guess itā€™s a tie? My point is that Ash has shown heā€™s good at cobbling together things, and if he needed to come up with a good enough raft to float until theyā€™re rescued, I trust him over Vazquez. Sheā€™s a tough soldier, but we donā€™t see much else of her capabilities in Aliens.Ā 

I mean, yeah. This isn't a particularly hard thing to survive for either of them. They don't necessarily even have to craft a raft, there's already a fair amount of those already on the ship they just have to fight/push their way towards to get on, and I think that's well within their capabilities.Ā 

I do feel Ash is very crafty and resourceful. I mean he did construct a mechanical hand out of items from the middle ages. He even was able to create a chainsaw hand and deck out his Oldsmobile for battle during army of darkness. He may be an idiot goof at times, he does have skillĀ 

Vasquez also has skill and training that is probably extremely vast. I know a vast majority of that training is for combat;Ā that many years in the future, there would be some sort of survival training put in there. I would assume that survival training spans from terrains of all kinds as they probably went to all sorts of different worlds.Ā 

I think this is definitely close but I may be leaning a little more towards Vasquez on this one

Edited by Boratz

Have we seen the same Evil Dead movies? I don't think Ash is that much of an asshole as he's made out to be here, unless I missed something in the TV series that came later. He won't just push children and women out of the way, like, that's not who he is at all.

I hate to be that guy, but would early 1900s prejudice play a role in this match? We know that the Irish and other racially disparate people were inhumanly left to die on the Titanic, would Vasquezā€™s ethnicity negatively impact her in this case? I know of one instance where an officer found a group of non-British men trying to board a lifeboat and not only forced them out at gun point but when he couldnā€™t find any more women and children left had the lifeboat lowered without them anyway.

33 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I hate to be that guy, but would early 1900s prejudice play a role in this match? We know that the Irish and other racially disparate people were inhumanly left to die on the Titanic, would Vasquezā€™s ethnicity negatively impact her in this case? I know of one instance where an officer found a group of non-British men trying to board a lifeboat and not only forced them out at gun point but when he couldnā€™t find any more women and children left had the lifeboat lowered without them anyway.

Damn, if that's true, that's actually pretty damning for Vasquez, unfortunately

37 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I mean, using this particular example, Vasquez is an experienced space marine. Even if she doesn't have her own weapons with her, I still think she's certainly capable of overpowering a panicked officer and taking his gun from him and then forcing her way on a lifeboat regardless. Though again that's assuming she's not armed with her usual weaponry, which if she is, well that's a pretty big deterrent for anybody trying to stop her from getting off the ship lolĀ