Slot: The Team's Dark Secret
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Pennywise at Wikipedia
Official Site: Warner Bros

Battle Terrain
Target: The Ghost Busters

This one is a tougher sell, but I think Dracula's method of killing would work much better here because it's much more direct. He doesn't have to prey on your fear and isolate you, he can hypnotize you and then you're just a sitting duck while he kills you with a single bite. I know Pennywise doesn't have to play with you, but we have 0 feats of him not doing that, and even so, regular children were able to defeat him with the power of belief in themselves. Dracula could mist in, hypnotize them, bite them individually, and be done with it. While they might be scared of Pennywise, the lack of hypnosis means that they can still shoot at him, and crossing the streams was able to defeat Gozer, a Tier-3 (read: Universal) entity. Would he be able to tank it? Maybe, but it would unquestionably hurt him.

Drac doesn't have to worry about that, because they can't hurt him in his mist form, he can hypnotize them, and he's able to kill them all in one hit.

I have never read It the novel so I do know the extent of Pennywises power. I know that it is easy to say that the movie, It was defeated by children but Pennywise did exist for thousands of years before the Losers Club. I can't remember the details so don't punish me for remembering anything wrong, but It has some feats of taking out entire towns and so forth. It was even able to manipulate a psychotic kid to  target the Club.

I dont know. Dracula is also pretty incredible too. He has abilities beyond any normal vampire and could make an army before targeting the Ghostbusters himself.

It'd be close in my opinion 

57 minutes ago, Boratz said:

I have never read It the novel so I do know the extent of Pennywises power. I know that it is easy to say that the movie, It was defeated by children but Pennywise did exist for thousands of years before the Losers Club. I can't remember the details so don't punish me for remembering anything wrong, but It has some feats of taking out entire towns and so forth. It was even able to manipulate a psychotic kid to  target the Club.

I dont know. Dracula is also pretty incredible too. He has abilities beyond any normal vampire and could make an army before targeting the Ghostbusters himself.

It'd be close in my opinion 

From what I remember, Pennywise isn't all that strong. It's true form is a cosmic constant that's hard to kill, but any of its physical manifestations would get wrecked by the Ghostbusters standard arsenal, and he is laughably bad at stealth and discretion. Literally to the point where that's the major thing that got him killed. He's not very smart, he's pretty simple-minded, and even when he knew that a group of people were coming to kill him, and despite them no longer being protected by the Turtle God, he still failed to kill even a single one of them until they were already at his lair. He is very bad at targeting groups of people, and even when he does get kills, he takes forever to actually execute them. Dracula is just a more efficient killer than Pennywise.

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

From what I remember, Pennywise isn't all that strong. It's true form is a cosmic constant that's hard to kill, but any of its physical manifestations would get wrecked by the Ghostbusters standard arsenal, and he is laughably bad at stealth and discretion. Literally to the point where that's the major thing that got him killed. He's not very smart, he's pretty simple-minded, and even when he knew that a group of people were coming to kill him, and despite them no longer being protected by the Turtle God, he still failed to kill even a single one of them until they were already at his lair. He is very bad at targeting groups of people, and even when he does get kills, he takes forever to actually execute them. Dracula is just a more efficient killer than Pennywise.

I may be leaning more towards Drac for that reason. I do feel like there could be more to Pennywise than what we have seen. Again, I've never read the book. I know that it hints at him being responsible for so much throughout history, like entire towns disappearing and stuff (at least as far as movie and mini series go). I've only seen some stuff in wikis about his novel forms. I just feel like from what we have seen and what has been hinted, do not come close.

Dracula on the other hand always has different variations and each one is deadly in their own right. While the powers may differ, he is always consistently dangerous. Or she,i think I remember seeing recently of there being a female version of Dracula

3 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Didn't the Ghostbusters fight vampires before in the animated series? 

From what I can tell, sort of. They were ghost vampires, and acted fairly differently than Dracula would. While they share some of his weaknesses, they weren't prepared for them on just a random encounter and had prep when they encountered them. In this scenario there's no reason to think they would be ready for Drac

Rereading everything I said, I don't know if I made my points super clearly, so I want to clarify here. Pennywise is undeniably more powerful than Dracula, but he's also one of the least efficient killers in horror. He uses his power to terrorize rather than to kill, even when his own life is at stake, so there's really no evidence that he even can kill without doing so. Dracula, while not the most efficient killer, is far more efficient than Pennywise, and the Ghostbusters lack of vampire knowledge, and more importantly their lack of religion, is really going to hurt them here. Finally, Gozer is actually fairly similar to Pennywise, and the Ghostbusters were well-equipped to beat him, so their experience would be much more helpful there than it would be fighting a completely corporeal foe.

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Finally, Gozer is actually fairly similar to Pennywise, and the Ghostbusters were well-equipped to beat him ...

I would say they more lucky than well-equipped. They barely beat Gozer in the "very slim" chance, as Egon put it, that they'd survive the stream-crossing, and it was a wild guess that it would even work.

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

I would say they more lucky than well-equipped. They barely beat Gozer in the "very slim" chance, as Egon put it, that they'd survive the stream-crossing, and it was a wild guess that it would even work.

I mean, fair enough. "well-equipped" might not be the right choice of words, but my point still stands. The Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man is as strong as any of Pennywise's avatars, and Gozer himself is pretty similar to It's real form, and the Ghostbusters have the necessary equipment to win, probably. Certainly enough to really hurt him