Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 15942 Christie vs. Ivy

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CIII

Tekken_Force.jpg.9d10b35fa828c2c72ba197426e94e1f4.jpg

Both Leona Heidern and Ivy Valentine looked on as Raphael Sorel battled Lars Alexandersson. (REF: RAPHAEL SOREL VS. LARS ALEXANDERSSON) Raphael slashed at the head of Lars with his rapier. Lars ducked, spun and took out Raphael’s legs with a sweep of his hand. Raphael held on tight to his sword and quickly tried to return to his feet. Lars greeted him with a knee to the chest and a roundhouse kick to the face that spun around Raphael.  Lars followed with another punch to the gut. Raphael stumbled backward as Lars gathered energy for a final attack. Purple lightning crackled around his body as Lars delivered a ground shaking palm attack that flattened the vampiric swordsman. Raphael groaned in pain and did not return to his feet.

“What aura was that just now?” Ivy inquired.

Lars did not answer as he kept his focus on Raphael to ensure the fight was over.

Ivy laughed. “Well aren’t you just full of surprises, soldier boy.”

“You are the one that is dealing with ancient cult monsters, and characters straight out of a Bram Stoker novel. I don’t think I am the one with surprises,” Lars corrected.

“What do you wish now?” Ivy inquired. “I am an open book.”

“That’s not the only thing that’s open,” Leona grumbled.

Before Lars could answer, his phone rang and instantly the three fighters were surrounded by Tekken Force soldiers, but not the ones from Lars’s rogue unit, Yggdrasil. Lars stood ready to fight the army of his former employer.

“We are not here to fight you,” announced one of the soldiers. “We were sent by Mr. Kazama to rescue you if need be and to find out what happened here. (REF: LAURA MATSUDA VS. KATARINA ALVES) I am heartened to discover that you are okay, captain.”

Lars was filled with confusion. “Jin? How did he know I was here?”

“An eyewitness account of the warehouse massacre, sir,” the soldier replied. (REF: ROLENTO VS. RALF JONES

“Are you telling me Jin no longer cares about my defection and attempt to overthrow him?” Lars inquired. “I don’t believe it.”

“You may have your differences, but Mr. Kazama knows you are a good man. He is hoping you will work with us for the time being to face the much bigger threat,” the soldier confirmed.

“What bigger threat?”

“Soul Edge.” The soldier pointed to Ivy and Hilde.

The door to the hut where Lars had recovered suddenly swung open and Ralf Jones stood with an assault rifle pointed at the Tekken soldiers. “When I went to sleep I don’t remember this many invitations to the party being sent out.”

Tekken Force soldiers aimed their weapons at Ralf in response. 

“Hold on, everyone remain calm,” Lars ordered. He pointed at Ralf Jones and addressed the Tekken Force. “He is with me. He was with the group that helped me recover after I battled the monster that destroyed my unit.”  (REF: LARS ALEXANDERSSON VS. ASTAROTH) He then turned his head toward Ralf. “There is no reason that anymore blood needs to be spilled in this place.”

Ralf glanced over at Leona. “What have I missed? Why is Whippy knocked out on the ground like that?”

Leona glared at Ivy. “Ask her, Colonel.”

Ivy smiled mischievously. (REF: WHIP VS. IVY)

Lars looked down at Hilde Von Kronne. “Judging by the condition Leona left this warrior in,  (REF: HILDEGARD VON KRONNE VS. LEONA HEIDERN)  I would say both sides are even and there is no need to further hostilities. Not if we can talk this out.”

Ralf did not lower his weapon. “So then let’s talk.”

Lars addressed one of the soldiers. “This is the second time I have heard Soul Edge mentioned, what is it?”

“I don’t know exactly,” the soldier admitted. “But it’s very powerful and everyone wants it.” He motioned toward Ivy and Hilde. “Ask them. There are ancient warriors popping up all over the world that seemed to be tied to it.”

Ivy snickered. “Honey, you have no idea.”

“Please enlighten us,” stated Lars.

“You intrigue me soldier boy, so I’ll tell you what to know, but I am going to need a couple of favors first,” Ivy proposed.

“Which would be?” Lars inquired.

“My traveling companion and I were searching for an ally of ours when we first came to this village. He is usually intertwined with Astaroth, but not this time. I know he is close, so my assumption is he is at the port about 30 miles from here. Give me a ride there and I will tell you everything you need to know about Soul Edge,” Ivy offered.

“And the second condition?” Lars asked.

“My companion here isn’t exactly in traveling condition right now. I trust that your boy scout troop here can get her to some medical attention and then meet us at the port.”

Lars glanced over at the Tekken Force soldier next to him, the soldier nodded. “Yes, sir.”

Two Tekken Force soldiers went over to Hilde Von Kronne and lifted up the knight to carry her away.

One of the soldiers nodded toward Raphael sprawled out on the ground. “What about him? Is he going with us too?”

“We don’t need him for anything,” stated Ivy. “You can do with him as you please, but be wary of him. He can be a slippery one.”

A couple of Tekken Force soldiers whispered amongst themselves. “We should transport him back to the Zaibatsu. Jin will probably want to dissect him just like the other one.” (REF: ROLENTO VS. BAYMAN)

“Will you be joining us?” Lars asked Ralf.

Ralf looked over to Leona who shook her head no.

“I know there are some bitter feelings here, but if this is serious enough to warrant Jin Kazama’s attention then it is something we should all work on together,” reasoned Lars.

Leona’s face did not change.

Lars acquiesced. “Very well. Thank you for your help. I am certain we will cross paths again."

Lars and Ivy exited the scene in the company of a few Tekken Force soldiers. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

christie_soul_calibur_vi_ivy_valentine_by_funnybunny666_ddhl4vp-350t.jpg.057bee4b587f0d9d20e42aa5964a8949.jpg

Ivy Valentine rode along with Lars in one of the Tekken Force’s armored vehicles on the way to the port. During the ride, Ivy explained the history of the Soul Edge sword to Lars and how it infects the world with malice and rage. She described that after defeating Soul Edge’s champion. Nightmare, for the final time centuries earlier all the warriors who had opposed the wicked sword made a pact to ingest shards of the evil blade to ensure that it would never be fully constructed again. It was the secret to their long lifespans, and it connected them all no matter how much distance was between them. It was how they all knew about Soul Edge’s imminent return, and how she could sense one of the warriors, Maxi, was nearby.

Lars did not get a lot of time to process this fantastical story because they were interrupted by a distress call over the radio.

“Anyone who can hear me, please turn around and come back to the village, We need all hands on deck. It’s the blue haired girl, she has gone insane. All efforts to subdue or eliminate her have failed so far…. I…….”

Lars ordered the driver to turn the vehicle around and go back.

“Is the whole world going crazy?” Lars wondered.

Ivy smirked. “This must be the Riot of the Blood those two girls were going on and on about. Will be interesting to see it in action.”

“You will forgive me if I don’t share in your earnest curiosity,” stated Lars. 

“No matter what it is, I am sure I’ve seen worse,” declared Ivy.”How much destruction can that one timid soldier cause?”

“We shall find out shortly.”

When Ivy and Lars arrived back at the village, they could hear some intermittent shouts emanating from a distance. But, from the appearance of the Tekken Force soldiers on the ground at their feet it appeared most of the damage had already been done

Lars flashed back to Astaroth’s attack and the massacre of the Yggdrasil unit. “No, not again.”

Lars checked for signs of life on the soldiers and was relieved to find that many had not yet succumbed to their wounds. “We need to get these men out of here. I am done losing allies old and new to this accursed place.”

Ivy ignored him. Her genuine curiosity bordered on excitement to see this transformation she had been warned about. She pressed on toward the sounds of fighting , towards the center of the village. There was also another familiar presence nearby that Ivy didn't expect.

"Cassandra, is that you?"  she thought to herself. (REF: KULA DIAMOND VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA)

Unbeknownst to Ivy, she was being watched by the two newest arrivals to the village in search of a particular target, Christie and Ryuji Yamazaki.

“This place looks like it has dissolved into a warzone,” Ryuji remarked. “Looks like a good time.” (REF: BLUE MARY VS. MILA)

“Whatever civil war is transpiring here is not of our concern,” scolded Christie. “MIST intercepted a communication between Blue Mary and Kula Diamond that had them meeting here. If we are to retrieve Kazuya's bodyguard (REF: ANGEL (KOF) VS. JULIA CHANG) we need to track down the agent that nabbed her." (REF: BLUE MARY VS. ANNA WILLIAMS

“There is a good chance if she is here, then she is probably involved in the fighting," Ryuji assumed.

“Then we just need to locate her and not allow ourselves to be distracted by anything else," said Christie.

Ivy Valentine grabbed Christie’s attention as soon as she came into view and she became silent. 

Ryuji followed Christie’s gaze to Ivy. “What happened to not being distracted by anything else?"

"It's not what you are thinking," said Christie. "Can't you see? She is one of them? The whole point of getting Anna Williams is for her to lead us to one of the ancient warriors connected to Soul Edge.  Who needs her when there is one right in front of us."

Ryuji looked back at Ivy. "Really? Are you sure?"

Christie was incredulous. “She is carrying a sword, and just look at her!”

Ryuji shrugged. “I guess its no big deal if  you are wrong. We can just continue going after Mary. Want me to grab her?”

“No, she is all mine. I just need you to make sure none of this outside noise gets in the way,” Christie instructed.

“Yes, m’am.”

Christie walked away from Ryuji and he started to look around for possible interference. Suddenly, an old familiar feeling popped up inside him. “Orochi? Can it be?”

From behind, Christie admired Ivy’s revealing purple armor. “I can appreciate the confidence you must have to wear an outfit like that out in public. At some point I may ask you where you bought it so that I can add it to my own closet.”

Ivy twirled around to face the assassin in the skintight white bodysuit. “I didn’t buy it anywhere. It is my own design. I’ve always thought of fashion as a personal expression, too personal to put in someone else’s hands.”

“I couldn’t agree more,” said Christie.

A sly grin appeared on Ivy’s face, before quickly disappearing. “As much as I would love to stay here and chat battle gear with you, whoever you are, I have a promised date with a  rabid woman that is beckoning out to me,” stated Ivy.

Christie frowned. “Oh no, I'm afraid we are at an impasse then.” Christie then smiled as she stepped into her fighting stance.  “Because I want you all to myself. I can be all the rabid woman you need.” 

Ivy pulled out her snake sword. “Careful now, those who wish for the full Valentine experience usually regret it in the end.”

“Well I am a bad girl who has a history of making bad decisions,” Christie retorted.

Ivy was now grinning from ear to ear. “In that case, if you are looking for punishment, you have come to the right place.”

On 2/18/2021 at 5:04 PM, patrickthekid said:

This should be an easy win for Ivy. Christie isn't agile enough to dodge all those projectiles Ivy can throw at herl

Are you referring to her snake sword as a projectile? It does get some pretty impressive range. 

For Example: Ivy Video

Previously defeated: Whip

And for the counter: Christie Video

Previously defeated: Lee Chaolan

in a battle of short silver hair and serious domme energy.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2021 at 6:04 PM, patrickthekid said:

This should be an easy win for Ivy. Christie isn't agile enough to dodge all those projectiles Ivy can throw at herl

My thoughts exactly. These two share a lot in common, but Ivy is on a different level in terms of combat.

And good job on the set-up. Good to see Lars, one of my favorite Tekken characters.