Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

7:11 - Penn and Teller vs. Animal (Muppets)

UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 11

Penn and Teller

Slot: The Team Entertainer
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 3
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Penn and Teller at Wikipedia
Official Site: Penn and Teller

Animal (Muppets)

Slot: The Team Entertainer
Season Wins: 3
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Animal (Muppets) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Entertainer: Rap

Heh, Animal's luck in this Draft finally runs out here. :lol:

P & T are generally pretty good with coming up with things on-the-fly, I think, and at least Penn coherently vocalizes in his act.

Just now, DSkillz said:

Heh, Animal's luck in this Draft finally runs out here. :lol:

P & T are generally pretty good with coming up with things on-the-fly, I think, and at least Penn coherently vocalizes in his act.

Now Teller vs. Animal would be a rap battle for the ages

Okay, here's what's working Animal's favor:

-Rhythm, he's got great control of it and should have a natural feel for using it given his drumming ability.

-Energy, Rap battles aren't necessarily about who is the best wordsmith (depends on the audience, I guess) but a big part of it comes down to who can put out the most energy and style to get the audience into it. Animal is probably better than this than Penn and Teller, who rely on some amount of stringing the audience along and dry humor. 

I think Animal could win if it's an audience vote type deal and they are just energized with him going crazy on stage.

4 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Uhh, they totally are. Like 100%.

Lol no they're not. What are you on about? Someone could be the best wordsmith in the world but if their flow is way past terrible they're not winning any rap battles. I agree that P+T win but this is objectively false 

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Lol no they're not. What are you on about? Someone could be the best wordsmith in the world but if their flow is way past terrible they're not winning any rap battles. I agree that P+T win but this is objectively false 

An exaggeration, but we can't pretend that someone who is unable to speak in full sentences will be impressive in a rap battle.

1 hour ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Uhh, they totally are. Like 100%.

Not at all, again most rap battles are about audience engagement and putting pressure on the other performer. The “winner” is always determined by who the audience rallies behind. Animal has great energy and recognition from a general people, no way he out rhymes P&T, but could he whip the crowd behind him? I think so. His best chance is to scream and bounce around, which he’s great at.

15 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Unironically if Animal manages to win a rap battle like that, I would be solely disappointed in most people present in the decision making.

You'd think someone just screaming and bouncing would get booed off stage in a rap battle.

It's a trick to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time. It's tricky. Tricky, tricky, tricky.

I have searched but can find no evidence of either Animal or the Penn & Teller duo rapping.  No authentic videos seem to exist for either.

Teller prefers not to speak.  Animal speaks poorly.  That basically leaves Penn as the only potential fluid rhymer.

I dunno.  Kind of a toss-up.

What is this about animal being a capable musician? He can barely even keep himself to the script when singing Bohemian Rhapsody?

If he can't even say the words, "Mama, oooh, I don't wanna die," like there's literally no hope for him in a genre of music that relies on being a capable of lyricist. He straight up sucks. No energy will save him. At least Penn can talk.

Lol, Mag and pey are trying so hard with this one.

As someone that's been actively listening to rap for the better part of 30 years and has heard and seen my fair share of rap battles and diss records from earlier times, I can tell you that, yes, high energy and audience engagement are key components to a rap battle, but you still have to be pretty good with words to win. While Animal does indeed have the high-energy part down, at best he can barely form a coherent sentence. I even doubt the dude could be a good mumble rapper, lol. Meanwhile, P & T are no slouches at getting crowds hyped themselves, and Penn has a natural gift of gab.

While this definitely would not be a rap battle for the ages, I can at least see Penn getting in some weird rhymes and disses for the win.

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

What is this about animal being a capable musician? He can barely even keep himself to the script when singing Bohemian Rhapsody?

If he can't even say the words, "Mama, oooh, I don't wanna die," like there's literally no hope for him in a genre of music that relies on being a capable of lyricist. He straight up sucks. No energy will save him. At least Penn can talk.

He’s obviously an extremely capable musician, as he’s an incredibly talented drummer.

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Lol, Mag and pey are trying so hard with this one.

As someone that's been actively listening to rap for the better part of 30 years and has heard and seen my fair share of rap battles and diss records from earlier times, I can tell you that, yes, high energy and audience engagement are key components to a rap battle, but you still have to be pretty good with words to win. While Animal does indeed have the high-energy part down, at best he can barely form a coherent sentence. I even doubt the dude could be a good mumble rapper, lol. Meanwhile, P & T are no slouches at getting crowds hyped themselves, and Penn has a natural gift of gab.

While this definitely would not be a rap battle for the ages, I can at least see Penn getting in some weird rhymes and disses for the win.

lol, I’m trying hard with this one. I think Penn and Teller don’t work well with getting a crowd hyped up on the same way that a rap battle would encourage. My main point is that Animal has energy and rhythm in spades, while Penn is just talking? I don’t think that just hands him a win.

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Lol I never said Animal would win. My first comment is literally saying that he would lose

Heh, my bad. My focus must've been more on seeing your argument for Animal.

7 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

lol, I’m trying hard with this one. I think Penn and Teller don’t work well with getting a crowd hyped up on the same way that a rap battle would encourage. My main point is that Animal has energy and rhythm in spades, while Penn is just talking? I don’t think that just hands him a win.

Thing is, you have to be able to recite coherent punchlines and disses to be effective in a rap battle. Sure, Animal may initially get the crowd hyped with some of his drum riffs and frenetic energy, but once he actually starts trying to rap, he's likely going get a mixture of confused looks and boos.

I'm thinking Penn, having comedic experience, could at least get off some funny one-liners and rhymes.