MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Match 15874 Kolin vs. Lien Neville

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XCVIX

character_header_algol.jpg.1f86d9fd372bfa2c2f9929f459576256.jpg

Urien’s back smashed into the wall of his office and then he fell to the ground. (REF: URIEN VS. ALGOL)  Urien attempted to push himself back up with his arms, but he was stopped by a hammerlock blow to his back by the legendary hero king, Algol. Urien let out a groan of pain behind clenched teeth as he refused to fall flat on his face.

“It is only because of my respect for Gill that I haven’t killed, but you need to stay down and know that you are beat,” Algol declared.

“Never,” Urien grunted.

“You have lost, Urien. When I am finished here I will travel to Japan and personally stop Geese,” announced Algol.  (REF: GEESE HOWARD VS. HEIHACHI MISHIMA) "Your little orochi pets (REF: SARAH BRYANT VS. MATURE) will be taken care of as well. It may take some time to clean up the chaos you have created, but I assure you that I will.”

“You have no idea just how many things I have set in motion,” Urien remarked bitterly. (REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. JANN LEE)  “Just to ensure that my goal comes to pass. It is literally not possible to undo all of it. Continue to beat on me all you want, Soul Edge is coming back into this world all the same.”

Algol shouted in frustration and delivered a thunderous kick to Urien’s skull to knock out the power hungry would be tyrant. Algol then exited Urien’s office to confront the Secret Society Vice President’s assistant.

“Urien may be protected by his relation to Gill, but you are not. Help me stop this or forfeit your life,” Algol threatened.

“I don’t know much. Only the specific tasks given to me by Mr. Urien.” the assistant insisted.

“Then tell me what you do know,” said Algol.

“The upcoming war between Shadoloo, the Mishima Zaibatsu, and G Corporation will tear the world apart. It doesn’t matter who gets to the sword first, the result will be the same.”

“Damn fools!” Algol admonished. “You have no idea what you are unleashing.”

Algol noticed files on the assistant’s desk for people he didn’t immediately recognize. He picked up the pictures and went through them one by one. One was a picture of a Shaolin monk (REF: LEI FEI VS. YUN), another was a busty blonde woman in skin tight leather, and yet another one was a silver haired male cyborg  (REF: BRYAN FURY VS. MAXIMA) “Who are these people?” 

“Assassins,” answered the assistant.

“I don’t remember the Society ever using any of these assassins,” stated Algol.

“That’s why Mr. Urien wanted to utilize them. Much easier to keep the Society in the dark.”

“Who are the targets?” Algol demanded.

The assistant shook his head. “It doesn’t matter now. It’s too late to call them back, the orders have already been carried out.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

27_helen-or-kolin-banner.jpg.ac70f66abbfff800f5bc46d4c3caa941.jpg

Lien Neville stepped in the lobby of the Prince Park Tower hotel in Tokyo in pursuit of a new target. The target's name was Kolin, who sometimes went by the name Helen. Lien’s mentor, Duke, was approached by the Secret Society for the job. Duke was chosen because he was familiar with Iori Yagami, the man currently employing the target. Duke immediately agreed to the job in an effort to get in the Society’s good graces. He then passed the job on down to Lien who was also familiar with Iori and would be able to track him down.

This decision confused Lien. But, she did not dwell on it because she had her own reasons for wanting to get a foot inside the Secret Society. She now stood several feet away from Iori, himself, who seemed to be waiting impatiently while talking on the phone. Lien made sure to keep a safe enough distance so that she would not appear on Iori’s periphery.

“Chizuru, I am waiting for my new assistant and then we will travel to your village. Your stories sound like utter nonsense  (REF: CHIZURU KAGURA VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA) , but I don’t want anyone coming after my sacred treasure again,” said Iori.

Iori listened with annoyance on his face as Chizuru did her best to describe the potential dire straits of the world and her and Kyo’s  attempts to fix it. (REF: ATHENA ASAMIYA VS. CHAI XIANGHUA)

Upstairs, Kolin slowly packed her travel bag. Her job working undercover to keep tabs on Iori Yagami was now going to be taking her to a different location where a new vague threat awaited them. But, this new threat was not what was occupying Kolin’s mind. Instead, it was the sudden and mysterious reemergence of Charlie Nash.  (REF: IORI YAGAMI VS. CHARLIE NASH) Where did he come from? How did he track her down? Kolin had reached out to Algol to help her find answers, but unfortunately for her, he had not gotten back to her with anything. In her heart, Kolin suspected Urien was involved, he was the one who assigned her to watch over Iori and he wasn’t the type to let information leak. But, Kolin hated the possibility of going against the brother of the man she had devoted her life to. Also, if it was Urien, Kolin was confused as to what his motivations would be.

All of this introspection had brought her packing to a halt. She stared down at her half packed bag and thought over the possibility of just abandoning her undercover job completely. No, Gill would want her to complete her mission and see what develops. Kolin resolved herself to stay. She felt a presence standing in the doorway of her hotel room.

“I apologize, Mr. Yagami. I know I am taking to long, I promise it will not happen again,” Kolin assured.

Kolin turned around to see that the red haired fighter and guitarist was not the one standing in her doorway. Instead it was a blonde woman with revealing cleavage and a revealing smirk on her face.

“Who are you?” asked Kolin.

“I am clearly not Iori,” answered Lien. “He is still in the lobby growing more impatient by the minute. Unfortunately for him that feeling is about to get a lot worse.”

“You didn’t answer my question. Who are you?” Kolin repeated. “What do you want?”

Lien ignored her and shut the door behind her. “I appreciate you staying on an empty floor, Kolin. Or are you going by Helen here? Not that it matters. I am sure you picked this room for your own privacy, but it also makes my job a lot easier."

”Are you here to finish the job Charlie Nash couldn’t do?” demanded Kolin.

“Don’t know about any Charlie, but I am here to finish a job,” Lien clarified.

Kolin quickly grabbed the bag off her bed, threw it at Lien, and then began her attack on the intruder.

Heh, battle of the buxom blonde assassins. Somewhere, Venom is flashing a wide grin. :D 

Another good set-up, Johnny. Interesting time to take a break from the cruise ship angle and get back to other aspects of the story. 

As for the match, both women seem to be very skilled, but I have a feeling Kolin's ice attacks should save her from Lien's attempts to wipe her out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Heh, battle of the buxom blonde assassins. Somewhere, Venom is flashing a wide grin. :D

😁

• Like 1

I just missed this one. Damn, because this was a good entry. Deserving of the high rating for sure. But I'm not convinced Kolin would win. She's an okay fighter, but Lien is a bit more of a hand. I like her style I bit more too.

On 2/13/2021 at 7:15 PM, Callisto said:

4.20 -

Wonder who our mystery grader is?