Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Tournament - America Chavez vs. Sailor Jupiter

Movie-Brat

Bright lights. Tall buildings. A showing of Hamilton on Broadway. A tall young girl in a simple green shirt, brown pants and white sneakers with brown hair in a ponytail, Makoto Kino was on vacation with Usagi, Ami, Rei and Minako on a summer vacation trip to New York for a month. Basically part of a lottery that Minako entered... along with signing in the names of the rest. Much to the chagrin of Ami, she was the winner. 

After much chastising on Minako courtesy of Ami, they came around to the trip, all expenses paid by Minako given it was part of the prize to win the cash and a condition imposed on her to make up for her stunt. 

After arriving for a few days, at one point the girls decided to spend days to themselves, explore other areas of New York. Usagi wanted to shop at the various malls, Rei wanted to explore Chinatown, Ami at the Stark Expo and Minako seeking out cute guys as always and karaoke. 

Makoto in the meanwhile wanted to explore much of the districts. She felt walking was at least a good way to think. Everywhere she went though, she saw couples. Either men and women or same sex couples. She stared at them wistfully, wishing she had someone. Makoto even spotted a man who looked like her old boyfriend. 

With a sigh, Makoto continued on walking. 

After a moment of walking, she witness various people walking through the entrance of a building. 

"Excuse me," she approached a man wearing a beret. "What's this?"

"It's a speed dating thing." He said before heading in. 

Makoto contemplated for a second or two. Was she that desperate for love? Would it hurt to try out speed dating?  Finally she shrugged, 

"Eh, I'll give it a shot." Makoto said to herself before heading in. 

For what she hoped for a fun experiment, turned into a series of dull events. Save for one guy making her laugh, every man just seemed dull or much of a jerk. A few men complained about life, others complaining about their lives, there were two men each she swore were cheating on their wives, a young man who calls himself Iceman and had to inform her that he was gay and one in particular just went on a rant on how feminists and SJWs are ruining the United States. 

Makoto was unnerved by that last one to which she could only plaster on a fake smile and nod. That did not satisfy him as he demanded a real smile. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. 

As seconds later with her immense strength, Makoto literally threw him out the door and he landed onto the pavement-face first. To which the rest of the patrons applauded. 

Makoto sighed as she sat back down, facepalming. Of all the men she met, he was the worst. 

'What a waste of time!' She stared at the ceiling. 

"This seat taken?" Makoto heard someone asked. 

She looked at the newcomer and stared in awe. A young woman with brown hair, dark brown skin with an athletic build in red and blue with a white star on her blue shirt. 

"Name's America Chavez." The girl gave a soft smile as she sat down. 

Makoto shook her head to get out of her stunned state. 

"Makoto Kino!" She greeted back. "I'm on vacation but I wanted to give this a shot."

"Me too." America responded. "Wanted to get back into dating. Haven't had much luck."

"Join the club." Groaned Makoto with a frustrated sigh. 

The two looked at each other for a solid moment before bursting out laughing. 

"Want to get out of here?" America asked. 

"Yes!" Makoto hastily agreed. 

The two young women left the place but not before the same man Makoto threw out was still outside the building, now yelling obscenities at them. Just as he was about to say a particular slur at them as they opened the door, America punched him directly in the face-knocking him out cold completely. Even not even looking at the man in the face. 

"Nice!" Makoto complimented America Chavez. 

"It's what I do!" She smirked in response. 

Over the past three hours, Makoto and America have been entertaining each other on an impromptu date. From going to a movie to dinner. And even battled the superhero couple being the Absorbing Man and Titania.

"This could get ugly!" America said. 

Just as she was about to tell her to stay put, Makoto dropped a bombshell. 

"Don't worry about me!" Makoto said to her reassuringly as she pulled out a specific wand. 

With a smirk, she added, "I'm a superhero in my own way!"

America stared at her in shock, before smiling and then said, "So there's more to you, chica!"

With that, Makoto charged into battle with America Chavez as she transformed. 

Soon after the battle, the two girls went to a gym she had access to after being given permission by Captain Marvel and Alpha Flight. 

"Got to hand it to you," Makoto said to America. "That was a mean left hook!" 

"You're the one who threw the Absorbing Man into a fire hydrant without any help!" America said, impressed upon remembering the moment just as she whistled.

The two girls shared a heartily laugh over recounting the experience. 

"But you know," America added. "I bet I can take you in a fight."

Makoto chuckled, "can you?" She flashed a smile.

"I can!" America smirked. "How about a little match?" 

She pointed to a mat on the floor, saved for hand to hand combat. 

"I can do it!" Makoto crossed her arms with a confident, flirty smile. 

"One catch," America raised her forefinger. "We're not pulling punches. Loser buys desert!"

"You're on!" Makoto responded. With that, she pulled out her wand once again and then shouted, "Jupiter Crystal Power, MAKE UP!"

As the bright light dispersed, America Chavez was greeted by the sight of her date in a green sailor school uniform, pink bow, white gloves, a tiara with a green jewel and green ankle high boots. 

The two combatants finally got on the mat, ready for their sparring. 

"Don't hold back!" America said as she stood on one end. 

"I never do!" Sailor Jupiter responded. "Let's go, chica!" 

America smirked and laughed in response, "Ding-ding, chica!"

"Let's go!" Sailor Jupiter shouted as she and America rushed toward each other with each of their fists raised with America sprinting, fist fully formed and Sailor Jupiter jumping with a high kick. 

------

After much thinking, I decided to do a crossover pairing. I thought America Chavez and Sailor Jupiter would make for a fun romance. And I was inspired by the ending of Rocky III/beginning of Rocky IV with Rocky and Apollo doing a sparring match for fun as friends that it served as the basis for the scenario. 

And continuity wise, this takes place after America Chavez broke up with Lisa, so she didn't find new love until dating Alloy in West Coast Avengers. 

So, America Chavez is at full strength with her super strength and flight for example. And Sailor Jupiter is also at full strength wise with her abilities from Sailor Moon SuperS and utilizing hand to hand combat martial arts. 

Hope you love the set up and good luck to the other challenges! And Happy Valentine's Day! At least if anyone is reading this on the 14th. Eh, Happy early Valentine's Day! 
  • Like 1

Interesting entry, Movie-Brat. Nice story of early romance and references to recent Marvel Comics storylines. As mentioned, though, it could've been proofread a bit more.

As for the match, I think Makoto wins this friendly sparring match. She just seems a bit more powerful overall, and with a black belt in judo, probably a more skilled fighter.

• Thanks 1

I like me some crossover pairings. They're some of my favorite type of ships and while I don't know either character that well, I appreciate what you're going for. And I see the parallel to the Rocky movies, neat.

But yeah, I think Sailor Jupiter gets the win. Sailor scouts are surprising powerful and durable.

• Thanks 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
3.00 - SSJRuss
3.50 - DSkillz
4.00 - Boratz
3.00 - Fox
4.80 - Mercenaryblade

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
18.30 Total Combined Score
18.30 / 5 = 3.66 Final Rating on the match