Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

7:6 - The Djinn vs. The Evil Dead

UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 6

The Djinn

Slot: The Team's Dark Secret
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Djinn at Wikipedia
Official Site: Lion Gates Films

The Evil Dead

Slot: The Team's Dark Secret
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Evil Dead at Wikipedia
Official Site: Renaissance Pictures

Battle Terrain
Target: Hansel and Gretel

14 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Hansel & Gretel vs the Evil Dead would be a pretty rad flick

This is probably true. I'd imagine the siblings would lay waste to and escape from zombies better than a lot of people. 

The odds may still be better for the Djinn to get them to make a wish, though.

10 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Are the evil dead just zombies, or is there anything more to them?

In my opinion, they are almost a step above zombies. It's been a while since I've seen army of darkness or the evil dead movies tho. I've also never seen Ash vs. The Evil Dead. I know there is a lot more to them then just being mindless brain eating zombies 

SO to put things into perspective, the Evil Dead are not really zombies as they are more evil spirits that posess the living as well as the unliving, such as corpses and suits of armor. The Evil Dead has to have a host, and can only become incapacitated once dismembered ala Dead Space necromorphs for best results. They can transfer themselves to another host as well as infect others so they may also become one of the Evil Dead, such as when Ash's sister got stabbed in the ankle by one of them or when Ash went to a convention to fight against an evil robot that the Evil Dead possesed. 
You have every reason to confuse them for run of the mill zombies, but the Evil Dead can be as fast, strong and as smart as they can and want to be depending who they posses as well as what they posses and when what with time travel constantly being involved in many Evil Dead and Army of Darkness stories.

21 minutes ago, Gizmo Hibiki said:

SO to put things into perspective, the Evil Dead are not really zombies as they are more evil spirits that posess the living as well as the unliving, such as corpses and suits of armor. The Evil Dead has to have a host, and can only become incapacitated once dismembered ala Dead Space necromorphs for best results. They can transfer themselves to another host as well as infect others so they may also become one of the Evil Dead, such as when Ash's sister got stabbed in the ankle by one of them or when Ash went to a convention to fight against an evil robot that the Evil Dead possesed. 
You have every reason to confuse them for run of the mill zombies, but the Evil Dead can be as fast, strong and as smart as they can and want to be depending who they posses as well as what they posses and when what with time travel constantly being involved in many Evil Dead and Army of Darkness stories.

Useful information, but I still don't think they have as great a chance as Djinn. I will remember this though for the next round.

After looking up the Evil Dead, I found out that they should actually be called Deadites. We probably shouldn't edit the profile name until after the Draft, though, as to avoid confusion.

8 hours ago, Gizmo Hibiki said:

Ah, so the Deadites are more powerful than it seems. They may have a better chance than I thought, but they still have some glaring weaknesses that Hansel and Gretel could pretty easily take advantage of. 

1 hour ago, Movie-Brat said:

Didn't we just have Djinn go up against Hansel and Gretel?

Yeah, just like Penn and Teller went to Jabba's palace for the second time and two old foes of the original Captain Marvel went head-to-head in this Draft. No real issue with any of this; the UMPIRE bot is just random like that when he makes Draft matches, and that can be the beauty of it.

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Yeah, just like Penn and Teller went to Jabba's palace for the second time and two old foes of the original Captain Marvel went head-to-head in this Draft. No real issue with any of this; the UMPIRE bot is just random like that when he makes Draft matches, and that can be the beauty of it.

It's just that in the same season, it felt like deja vu really.