Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

7:5 - Toph Bei Fong vs. T.J. Detweiler

UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 5

Toph Bei Fong

Slot: The Team's Precocious Child
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Toph Bei Fong at Wikipedia
Official Site: Nickelodeon

T.J. Detweiler

Slot: The Team's Precocious Child
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about T.J. Detweiler at Wikipedia
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Precocious Kids: a game of Monopoly

If it's a handicap-accessible version of the game I think Toph stands a good chance of winning. Being born into the aristocracy, she had a great education for her age, and monopoly isn't that complex of a game anyway. Her biggest drawback is going to be that she's never played or even heard of it before, and she can't read or see. So, admittedly some rough drawbacks there. Again, though, if it's a version of the game she can actually participate in, I feel comfortable saying that she's at least no less smart than her opponent, and she could use that to her advantage was squeak out a win

Could Toph somehow manipulate the dice rolls by creating earthquakes or something? Would that count? Is that seen as cheating? If not, I think her being blind would be a bit of a problem. I doubt any of them have the ability to have a good monopoly game, as monopoly game get notoriously boring for children the longer they go on, but in my opinion I think the blind kid loses to the non-blind kid in any board game for the most part.

6 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Could Toph somehow manipulate the dice rolls by creating earthquakes or something? Would that count? Is that seen as cheating? If not, I think her being blind would be a bit of a problem. I doubt any of them have the ability to have a good monopoly game, as monopoly game get notoriously boring for children the longer they go on, but in my opinion I think the blind kid loses to the non-blind kid in any board game for the most part.

I was thinking that too, and Toph is not above cheating to get her way. The problem is that the dice are plastic and likely contain nothing she could overtly manipulate, and she wouldn't have nearly as much control over it if she was just causing earthquakes to disrupt the dice. Again, both seem to be fairly impatient, but something to note with Toph is that she's very motivated by competition. She does a lot of things in the series just to spite people or because she was challenged not to. So if she's properly motivated and the game is handicap-accessible, she should have a good chance of winning in my eyes

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I was thinking that too, and Toph is not above cheating to get her way. The problem is that the dice are plastic and likely contain nothing she could overtly manipulate, and she wouldn't have nearly as much control over it if she was just causing earthquakes to disrupt the dice. Again, both seem to be fairly impatient, but something to note with Toph is that she's very motivated by competition. She does a lot of things in the series just to spite people or because she was challenged not to. So if she's properly motivated and the game is handicap-accessible, she should have a good chance of winning in my eyes

I can't imagine Monopoly ever being handicap-accessible. Unless someone else is playing the game for her, that is.

10 hours ago, Macklemore said:

I can't imagine Monopoly ever being handicap-accessible. Unless someone else is playing the game for her, that is.

I'll be damned ... 

I just happened to look it up out of curiosity, and there actually is a Monopoly game for the blind and sight-impaired: 

https://www.maxiaids.com/braille-and-low-vision-monopoly

That said, one would have to hope that game is in the type of Braille-esque language Toph may understand. Even then, I'm not sure how much Monopoly would interest either kid.

11 hours ago, DSkillz said:

I'll be damned ... 

I just happened to look it up out of curiosity, and there actually is a Monopoly game for the blind and sight-impaired: 

https://www.maxiaids.com/braille-and-low-vision-monopoly

That said, one would have to hope that game is in the type of Braille-esque language Toph may understand. Even then, I'm not sure how much Monopoly would interest either kid.

Thank you Skillz. Also, something being overlooked is that Toph is very patient when properly motivated. Her entire Earthbending style is "waiting and listening" to her opponent, and then responding in kind. She can be incredibly patient. The fact that she's a martial arts master at age 12 proves that. If she's actively trying to win, she definitely outlasts just a regular kid here

I don’t think being bling is going to handicap you that hard in Monopoly. The game is basically movement and dice rolls with you just making economic decisions. Someone correct me if I’m forgetting something but I think playing Monopoly blind would just mean you wouldn’t see the turn. It’s not like Clue or Dune or a complicated board game that would need you to constantly be reading and having to interpret.