Slot: The Team's Dark Secret
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Jack the Ripper at Wikipedia
Official Site: 20th Century Fox Movies

Battle Terrain
Target: The Mummy Team

While I believe Sam has extraordinary power, so did the Mummy which they were defeated in the end by the Mummy team after they made them mortal or whatever other means of defeat

Jack is not some supernatural force. There is a lot of mystery behind him and intellect that I don't think the Mummy team has necessarily faced. With that intellect and stealth, he sbould manage to defeat them one by oneĀ 

18 minutes ago, Boratz said:

While I believe Sam has extraordinary power, so did the Mummy which they were defeated in the end by the Mummy team after they made them mortal or whatever other means of defeat

Jack is not some supernatural force. There is a lot of mystery behind him and intellect that I don't think the Mummy team has necessarily faced. With that intellect and stealth, he sbould manage to defeat them one by oneĀ 

Jack isn't something they've dealt with before, however I don't believe that the Mummy cast will have as much trouble with him as they would Sam.

Outside of just the Mummy and the various supernatural beings that they've faced, Rick is a fairly competent fighter against human adversaries and could certainly hold his own against a serial killer if he had to.

Sam, on the other hand, would present an opponent that might seem familiar, but would also be quite different, as they would need to know how to counter his powers without prior knowledge of them or him, something that they could do, but would not be able to do for some time.

In short, Sam would be a problem they could face eventually, but would still present a far greater one than Jack for them to face.

3 minutes ago, Z451 said:

Jack isn't something they've dealt with before, however I don't believe that the Mummy cast will have as much trouble with him as they would Sam.

Outside of just the Mummy and the various supernatural beings that they've faced, Rick is a fairly competent fighter against human adversaries and could certainly hold his own against a serial killer if he had to.

Sam, on the other hand, would present an opponent that might seem familiar, but would also be quite different, as they would need to know how to counter his powers without prior knowledge of them or him, something that they could do, but would not be able to do for some time.

In short, Sam would be a problem they could face eventually, but would still present a far greater one than Jack for them to face.

While I think Sam would present a challenge, I believe it would be a change that the team could overcome. Jack is a serial killer with an intellect that they have never really encountered before and a certain element of surprise that would present a challenge that even Rick would not be prepared for.Ā 

With intellect and surprise cunning, I do see Jack being able to defeat the team more than the embodiment of HalloweenĀ 

I'm not entirely sure either combatant can really beat them. As far as I can remember, that one old dude was giving Sam a really good fight until it ended with that dude surviving, and the Mummy team is far better equipped to defeat supernatural threats (and just physical threats in general) than that old guy in Trick 'R Treat. Jack on the other hand, I don't see faring very well here either. Rick is a smart, swashbuckling Indiana Jones-type dude who would wreck Jack if ever he made a move to kill him, and honestly, Jack's track record just isn't that impressive. He killed a few prostitutes and avoided capture, but he never faced anyone especially smart andĀ definitelyĀ never faced anyone as good at fighting as Rick. I don't know that either would be able to beat the Mummy crew

I think you guys overstate Jack's intellect, most of why he was so successful is police work back then wasn't as refined as it is today. There were no forensics teams in the Victorian era. Many others didn't actually care about prostitutes being sliced up and probably didn't care to report anything.Ā 

Sam is a trickster type I think he has an edge.

Ā 

3 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

I think you guys overstate Jack's intellect, most of why he was so successful is police work back then wasn't as refined as it is today. There were no forensics teams in the Victorian era. Many others didn't actually care about prostitutes being sliced up and probably didn't care to report anything.Ā 

Sam is a trickster type I think he has an edge.

Ā 

He's a trickster who barely does any damage though. He was being manhandled by an old guy and he's the size of a literal doll. There's no way these people fall to him, have you seen the 2008 Mummy movie where they face of against the Emperor? That guy was insanely powerful and he still fell down to them in the span of several days. At least Jack the Ripper could potentially stab one of them and then be beaten, Sam couldn't even give any of them a fight cause he'd get manhandled by any one of them.

13 hours ago, Macklemore said:

He's a trickster who barely does any damage though. He was being manhandled by an old guy and he's the size of a literal doll. There's no way these people fall to him, have you seen the 2008 Mummy movie where they face of against the Emperor? That guy was insanely powerful and he still fell down to them in the span of several days. At least Jack the Ripper could potentially stab one of them and then be beaten, Sam couldn't even give any of them a fight cause he'd get manhandled by any one of them.

And right after he got manhandled Sam left to have the zombie kids do his job for him, likely what he planned all along

1 hour ago, Mercenaryblade said:

And right after he got manhandled Sam left to have the zombie kids do his job for him, likely what he planned all along

We don't have any evidence that that's what he planned all along, and in fact the movie suggests otherwise. Sam was only attacking him because he was being the Halloween equivalent of a Scrooge, but the kids killed him because he killed them

As has been mentioned, I don't think either of these stands much of a chance of getting rid of the Mummy team. However, JackĀ could only feasibly kill Jonathon, as Rick, Eevee and Ardeth could all wallop him. Since a winner has to be picked, Sam stands a slightly better chance.