Slot: The Team Pet
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Momo at Wikipedia
Official Site: Nickelodeon

Battle Terrain
Which animal would be better at Search and Rescue

In the ocean, and perhaps in brackish water, Storm would have this handily as he is among the fastest of his kind in Aquaman's realm.

On land, Storm falls way to easily to any opponent, as seahorses can not survive out of water, much less in the mountains.

To that, I ask the question, which setting are we going for in this instance?

3 minutes ago, Z451 said:

In the ocean, and perhaps in brackish water, Storm would have this handily as he is among the fastest of his kind in Aquaman's realm.

On land, Storm falls way to easily to any opponent, as seahorses can not survive out of water, much less in the mountains.

To that, I ask the question, which setting are we going for in this instance?

I agree in the sense if it was ocean, then definitely Storm.

But if the terrain was anywhere on land, then I just don't see him being able to pull off a win. I'm leaning towards Momo if it is anywhere besides water or the sea.

The land / sea question is unknowable and also not relevant.

Given two contenders, which would be the better Search and Rescue asset in general?  Let's say you are in charge of all Search and Rescue operations on Land or Sea and you can choose just one of these two.

I would go with the Sea Horse because it will ultimately be more useful for Search and Rescue.  Humans are not adapted as aquatic creatures and humans already have plenty of options on land for this task.

Is Storm really gonna be successful without the telepathic bond to Aquaman? I don't think seahorses are well know for their intelligence or being trainable. And Storm is just 100% useless outside of the ocean, he wouldn't even do well in lakes and rivers because he'll need salt water.

Storm's key advantage seems to be underwater in the oceans. But let's face it, you don't do a lot of rescuing for people who have already gone under. And as far as those trapped at sea but still on the surface, I don't see why Storm outperforms a search crew in boats/helicopters.

Meanwhile, a small, easily trained flying lemur would be a natural fit for search and rescue operations. Momo is capable of short range aerial action, and could be trained to deliver life-saving supplies to those trapped in tight quarters.

Momo actually has the ability to outperform human efforts in some scenarios, Storm does not.