Slot: The Team Evil Genius
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Rick Sanchez at Wikipedia
Official Site: Adult Swim

Battle Terrain
Genius Challenge: Who wins the battle using only Chemestry skills

Using chemistry, or well, a specific isotope in mind, the High Evolutionary has managed to make himself fully immortal. He can casually cause nuclear reactions that destroy entire stars. He is also generally consisted one of the smartest people on Marvel Earth, an Earth consisting of Reed, Doom, Pym, and many other smart characters. For reference, Rick is for the most part not intellectually challenged, not cause he's extremely smart in his own universe, but because everyone else appears to be a bit of an idiot. I understand why they would make this character that way, but they end up doing the opposite. We are constantly treated to characters that are apparently smart, but they end up getting upstaged while Rick while said characters also do nothing of their own. It's a strange choice.

18 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Using chemistry, or well, a specific isotope in mind, the High Evolutionary has managed to make himself fully immortal. He can casually cause nuclear reactions that destroy entire stars. He is also generally consisted one of the smartest people on Marvel Earth, an Earth consisting of Reed, Doom, Pym, and many other smart characters. For reference, Rick is for the most part not intellectually challenged, not cause he's extremely smart in his own universe, but because everyone else appears to be a bit of an idiot. I understand why they would make this character that way, but they end up doing the opposite. We are constantly treated to characters that are apparently smart, but they end up getting upstaged while Rick while said characters also do nothing of their own. It's a strange choice.

Will have to disagree with that. Yes, some of the characters are stupid but Rick's feats are considerable, especially if we look at the level of knowledge that would be required to undertake that feat - and a lot of the science that would be required is amazing. 

For example (focusing specifically on his use of chemistry rather than his omnidisciplinary science), he countered the devil's own curses, created an extremely effective love potion, and of course, his adventure as Pickle Rick is requires a level of chemistry mixed with other sciences that's beyond comprehension. 

He lives in a world where multi-dimensional travel, time travel, and interstellar travel is an everyday occurence beyond even that of Marvel; he's the smartest man in a universe that's hugely advanced. 

25 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

I don't know if this counts as chemistry, cause it's rooted in the supernatural. If anything it involves his knowledge in metaphysics, which is mostly physics and not chemistry.

26 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Which works from a biological standpoint, so it's not something that could be used against the High Evolutionary as he is metallic.

27 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Pickle Rick is requires a level of chemistry mixed with other sciences that's beyond comprehension.

Pickle Rick also left him extremely weak, so I don't see how that's a good thing to do.

13 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I don't know if this counts as chemistry, cause it's rooted in the supernatural. If anything it involves his knowledge in metaphysics, which is mostly physics and not chemistry.

Which works from a biological standpoint, so it's not something that could be used against the High Evolutionary as he is metallic.

Pickle Rick also left him extremely weak, so I don't see how that's a good thing to do.

Would argue that High Evolutionary's feats are rooted in biology as well as chemistry; just as Rick's are cross-science. 

The other feats were more a view of what is possible, which with Rick is an impressive list of achievements. The problem is that pure chemistry is harder to showcase given he uses so many disciplines for his inventions (which is the same for High Evolutionary).

16 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

It was Ultra-Humanite. What a goofy brain gorilla. I should have picked him

Epic character!  

Just now, Culwych1 said:

Would argue that High Evolutionary's feats are rooted in biology as well as chemistry; just as Rick's are cross-science. 

The other feats were more a view of what is possible, which with Rick is an impressive list of achievements. The problem is that pure chemistry is harder to showcase given he uses so many disciplines for his inventions (which is the same for High Evolutionary).

Epic character!  

That's actually a very good point. At that level of biology, any feat is also going to involve a ton of chemistry knowledge too. 

4 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

That's actually a very good point. At that level of biology, any feat is also going to involve a ton of chemistry knowledge too. 

Which is exactly my point with Pickle Rick. That level of science is a combination of pretty much every science to a ridiculous degree. And yes, it made him weaker, but he did it in the name of science, not to make himself stronger. 

26 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

The problem is that pure chemistry is harder to showcase given he uses so many disciplines for his inventions (which is the same for High Evolutionary).

Chemistry is the basis of explosives, also.  Possibly the most straightforward use of it to defeat an opponent.  Also Acids, toxic gases, etc.

On 1/20/2021 at 8:27 PM, Fox said:

Chemistry is the basis of explosives, also.  Possibly the most straightforward use of it to defeat an opponent.  Also Acids, toxic gases, etc.

Absolutely agree. Also the basis of life itself, which Rick demonstrated he has mastered - for example in the creation of a whole world teeming with life. I think that feat itself puts him on par with HE, and isn't even the limit of Rick's achievements. 

1 hour ago, Culwych1 said:

Absolutely agree. Also the basis of life itself, which Rick demonstrated he has mastered - for example in the creation of a whole world teeming with life. I think that feat itself puts him on par with HE, and isn't even the limit of Rick's achievements. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the world Rick created entirely miniscule? HE creates worlds that even Galactus has heard about.

28 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the world Rick created entirely miniscule? HE creates worlds that even Galactus has heard about.

There was the miniature world he created to power his ship, but also an entire separate world with ecosystem, weather and life that he created for his daughter.