Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

7:2 - Light Yagami vs. Mister Fantastic

UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 2

Light Yagami

Slot: The Team Evil Genius
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Light Yagami at Wikipedia
Official Site: Tsugumi Ohba

Mister Fantastic

Slot: The Team Evil Genius
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Mister Fantastic at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel

Battle Terrain
Genius Challenge: Who wins the battle using only Psychology skills

This might actually be the one area where Light has a chance against Reed, but even then I'm not entirely certain that he can pull it off. Sure, Light is manipulative and all that, but Reed also has powers of social manipulation and the ability to change his facial structure on top of that. I don't know. They're both kinda headstrong, so I can't really say for sure who's better in this. I would like to vote for Light, cause he's an underdog.

This is easily Light's strongest category, but as I brought up in the Discord a few days ago, I actually think Light's intelligence is largely overstated. The first quarter of the series, the only people he manages to manipulate are people who are far less intelligent than him. L, on the other hand, is just constantly dunking on him left, right, and center. It's only because of Misa, and Rem literally being willing to kill herself for Misa, that Light is able to beat L, and L still almost wins. If the challenge involves solely psychologically manipulative average people, I would probably give it to Light. He's crazy smart, a great actor, and was shown to be able to manipulate people basically whenever he wanted. However, if they ultimately have to manipulate each other/other smart people, that's a harder sell for Light. He does manipulate smart people obviously, but it's much less frequent, and works out a much smaller percentage of the time for him. 

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

This is easily Light's strongest category, but as I brought up in the Discord a few days ago, I actually think Light's intelligence is largely overstated. The first quarter of the series, the only people he manages to manipulate are people who are far less intelligent than him. L, on the other hand, is just constantly dunking on him left, right, and center. It's only because of Misa, and Rem literally being willing to kill herself for Misa, that Light is able to beat L, and L still almost wins. If the challenge involves solely psychologically manipulative average people, I would probably give it to Light. He's crazy smart, a great actor, and was shown to be able to manipulate people basically whenever he wanted. However, if they ultimately have to manipulate each other/other smart people, that's a harder sell for Light. He does manipulate smart people obviously, but it's much less frequent, and works out a much smaller percentage of the time for him. 

Reed is not an average Joe. I don't see Light being able to manipulate him. While it may not be Reed's greatest area, i think he would be able to manipulate Light before Light could manipulate him.

Reed has had experiences with so many different foes in the past and also allies, that I think he's probably picked up some tricks to use mind games on opponents

Not sure if this is strictly psychology, but one of Reed's first acts in the comics was to hypnotize some Skrulls into thinking they were cows for a time.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Reed just really bad at being a people person sometimes? Like he forgets people are a thing because he's too busy with science. This is Light's strongest category, I'll go for him easy. Reed would be too interested in how the Death Note actually works on a scientific level than to use it or manipulate someone.

5 minutes ago, UMPIRE said:

Match Final Results

Light Yagami: 11
Mister Fantastic: 7

Not sure I completely get this vote. Reed is literally well-versed in just about every science. 

14 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Not sure I completely get this vote. Reed is literally well-versed in just about every science. 

I think SSJRuss probably called it.  There are A Lot of challenges (arguably most of them) where Reed is absolutely going to excel.  But, this might be a weak point for him.

It's come up as a foible of his over the years that, when it comes to being a social people person, he can be distant.  

Anyways, 2 cents.

• Like 1