Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

7:1 - The Thing (John Carpenter) vs. The Djinn

UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 1

The Thing (John Carpenter)

Slot: The Team's Dark Secret
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Thing (John Carpenter) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Universal Pictures

The Djinn

Slot: The Team's Dark Secret
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Djinn at Wikipedia
Official Site: Lion Gates Films

Battle Terrain
Target: Losers Club

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Wishmaster at his most powerful when he has a wish to bend? Sure, all of the losers club have some extremely bad things going for them, which they would definitely wish away in a heartbeat, but even then I don't know if he'd manage to get the three wish threshold that's needed to unleash him onto the world. The Thing, on the other hand, does not have any stipulations to his name. He could literally start with the children and end assimilating the entire planet in just a few years.

Hmmm. The point of the kids having some bad things going for them is interest; as it actually could lean this towards Wishmater. The question is would they be smart enough to figure out what is going on before the 3rd wish. 

And by the same token, the kids have faced a shapeshifter before. I think they'll be more likely to recognise something wrong with one of their own, even if it is at a spirtual level which the Thing may not be able to function at. 

6 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Hmmm. The point of the kids having some bad things going for them is interest; as it actually could lean this towards Wishmater. The question is would they be smart enough to figure out what is going on before the 3rd wish.

Yes, he's not really discreet in his wish corruptions. Someone taking interest in their specific friend group is kind of a give away as to who is responsible as well.

7 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

And by the same token, the kids have faced a shapeshifter before.

Not in the vein of the Thing they haven't. Pennywise, as far as I recall, never tried to fit in with the Loser's Club. His shapeshifting is solely to create fear within them, which is not the modus operandi of the Thing. The Thing being called as shapeshifter is also something used to disparage his whole kit, as he literally infects a person and replaces all their cells within their body with Thing replicas. That's not shapeshifting, that's literally taking over a body while also keeping all their personality traits intact. I can't imagine how they would know someone is different, or why they would sense it, as for all intents and purposes the Thing replicas act the same when in groups.

I think it goes like this.

Loser's Club has to get rid of the Thing. The Djinn offers help, saying all they have to do is wish the Thing away. They do that then he's just got to convince them to make another 2 wishes. Doesn't seem too hard to me.

"The Losers Club"? What is that, from the recent It films? Gah, I barely even remember the original miniseries.

Must do research ...

*finishes research*

Ah, the Losers Club. After looking up the more recent version of the kids, I now vaguely remember them from the first miniseries.

Anyways, I foresee a couple of scenarios here:

• The first kid the Thing assimilates just happens to be the one that has the lamp and unleashes the Djinn. The now Thing-assimilated kid makes the mistake of going after the Djinn himself -- and pays for it with the Djinn's various sadistic tortures, and is eventually finished off when the Djinn conjures up fire or electricity.
  • The Thing-assimilated kid instead wishes for the Djinn to seek out and/or bring it more life to feed on, distracting it away from the other Losers Club kids and eventually meeting its end via one of the Djinn's scenarios.
  • The first Thing-assimilated kid sees one of the other Losers Club kids making a wish and goes after that kid, which may either lead back to one of the previous scenarios, or, if the kid with the lamp is the last one the Thing assimilates, effectively ends this in a draw.

I think this will depend entirely on whatever the first kid wishes for - which is difficult to determine, but we can make some assumptions. 

Given how close they are, their personal lives, and their history with bullies, it is likely to be one that relates to their own safety as a group. For example "I wish for me and my friends to never be scared of monsters", which the Djinn could easily subvert and turn them into statues or something. 

I think this is the most likely scenario, and would probably result in a quicker win that what the Thing could do (which would have to be a one-by-one scenario).

Close one though - could well go either way. 

• Like 1