Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

7:1 - Medamatcha vs. Magneto

UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 1

Medamatcha

Slot: The Team Anchor
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Medamatcha at Wikipedia
Official Site: Toei Company, Ltd

Magneto

Slot: The Team Anchor
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Magneto at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Dagobah

If Magneto goes for his most busted powers from the start, he can very easily win this. But as it stands Magneto doesn't really do battle as fast as DB characters do, so this could very easily be won by Medamatcha showcasing more usage of his speed in battle.

16 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Not a lot of metal on Dagobah. Even with Magneto's crazy power set, with a lack of resources he's kind of screwed.

If he was only able to bend metal, this dude wouldn't be tier 5 on Vs Battles. His powers are not inherently linked to metal, he can do so much more.

I'm not very knowledgeable on Dragonball characters, but my hunch is that if Medamatcha gets into melee range, then Magneto might be in trouble.

Medamatcha can create 4 clones of himself to fight, also, and that's going to give Magnus some trouble.

Still, I think I like Magnus here.  He flies and if he can keep this at range I think he has a shot.

• Like 1

Well this environment seems quite fitting for Medamatcha, I could honestly see him living here himself.

In regards to that, Medamatcha is a melee fighter, and he certainly can fly and use ki blasts like other Dragonball characters, but what sets him apart in many aspects is his Medas.

The Medas are interesting in how they operate, as when released their main purpose is to absorb the energy of any and all fighters they attach themselves too.

Medamatcha can do this himself too, by leaping onto a fighter in question and digging his fangs into them like a vampire.

Now, as for the fight, in this environment Magneto would be hard pressed to find little of anything that is actual metal on Dagobah, and Medamatcha's blood is likely different from anyone else's on Earth, meaning that Iron pulling would probably not be an option here either.

What that means here, is that Magneto will be forced to utilize his energy manipulation skills against Medamatcha, but he will probably Medamatcha to exert his energy first, if I understand that correctly.

This scenario favors Medamatcha in two ways, 1) if Medamatcha somehow gets the jump on Magneto or uses his Medas to do so, he might be able to drain him quickly and end the fight there, not improbable on Dagobah,  2) if Medamatcha can hold out, and wear Magneto down, which in my understanding of him certainly seems possible, he might find it easier to overwhelm Magneto using his fighting skills, Ki, and Medas alone.

Flight would seem relatively irrelevant here, as Medamatcha can likely catch up to Magneto even in the air, and his Medas had little trouble reaching Gohan while he was fairly high in the air as well, although Gohan was stopped and unaware of what was coming towards him and what they intended to do to him.

What concerns me is Magneto's shield, but in this case, I think Medamatcha could probably exhaust him unto the point of even that being useless to him here,

1 hour ago, Z451 said:

Well this environment seems quite fitting for Medamatcha, I could honestly see him living here himself.

In regards to that, Medamatcha is a melee fighter, and he certainly can fly and use ki blasts like other Dragonball characters, but what sets him apart in many aspects is his Medas.

The Medas are interesting in how they operate, as when released their main purpose is to absorb the energy of any and all fighters they attach themselves too.

Medamatcha can do this himself too, by leaping onto a fighter in question and digging his fangs into them like a vampire.

Now, as for the fight, in this environment Magneto would be hard pressed to find little of anything that is actual metal on Dagobah, and Medamatcha's blood is likely different from anyone else's on Earth, meaning that Iron pulling would probably not be an option here either.

What that means here, is that Magneto will be forced to utilize his energy manipulation skills against Medamatcha, but he will probably Medamatcha to exert his energy first, if I understand that correctly.

This scenario favors Medamatcha in two ways, 1) if Medamatcha somehow gets the jump on Magneto or uses his Medas to do so, he might be able to drain him quickly and end the fight there, not improbable on Dagobah,  2) if Medamatcha can hold out, and wear Magneto down, which in my understanding of him certainly seems possible, he might find it easier to overwhelm Magneto using his fighting skills, Ki, and Medas alone.

Flight would seem relatively irrelevant here, as Medamatcha can likely catch up to Magneto even in the air, and his Medas had little trouble reaching Gohan while he was fairly high in the air as well, although Gohan was stopped and unaware of what was coming towards him and what they intended to do to him.

What concerns me is Magneto's shield, but in this case, I think Medamatcha could probably exhaust him unto the point of even that being useless to him here,

Magneto's shield would always be up in a situation like this, and his shield can stand up to hits from the likes of Marvel's Hercules (who is a tier higher than the characters in this slot, for persepctive), Thor, the Hulk, and even incredibly powerful foes that absolutely dwarf both himself and especially Medamatcha like the Phoenix and Galactus have had a hard time or at least some difficulty overcoming his shield. Obviously, in a 1-on-1 fight against beings that powerful Magneto wouldn't stand much of a chance, but the point is that his shield is so powerful that Medamatcha and his little gremlins aren't going to be able to get through it. 

As far as speed goes, while DB has very flash feats of speed that make it seem out of Magneto's reach, I don't actually think he's outclassed here at all. He regularly reacts to opponents like Quicksilver, Thor (who regularly travels and fights with FTL opponents), and the aforementioned cosmic forces. More objectively, here he is manipulating two lasers after they have already started firing. Lasers, as we know, travel at the speed of light, so that's him reacting to two distinct sources of FTL threats coming right at him and deflecting them both seamlessly. 

An important advantage for Magneto is that he's actually smart. We never see any evidence that Medamatcha is even capable of advanced thought really. Magneto, on the other hand, regularly orchestrates schemes and battle strategies against the likes of Professor X and other incredibly intelligent Marvel geniuses, both in combat scenarios and in more general "world conquering" scenarios as well. Medamatcha, on the other hand, only really has one method of attacking, he is restricted to melee combat almost exclusively as far as I remember, and he doesn't have any good feats of endurance or longevity on the battlefield. You say Medamatcha will outlast Magneto, but I think the opposite is much more likely. Pre-Namek Saga Goku simply powering up was enough to kill him, and that same Goku is also in this power tier, so I honestly sort of don't think he even belongs in this power tier. 

Also, any lifeform we know of has metal in its blood. To argue that Medamatcha doesn't would require some form of evidence in my eyes. Magneto has experience with aliens, and can detect metal naturally. That's just an aspect of his power. There's every chance that he can just rip the metal out of Medamatcha and get an easy win, as Medamatcha has no feats of endurance that would survive that, nor any power than suggests he could resist it. 

But let's assume he doesn't have metal in his blood. Again, there's no real reason to do that, but let's assume for the sake of argument. Magneto has such a wide variety of powers that he doesn't need his opponent to have metal in their blood to beat them, nor does he need a direct source of metal. Here he is BFR-ing Hercules (again, a tier above these fighters) with nothing but rocks. He can deactivate brains with an EMP (somehow). He can shoot energy lasers, which are strong enough to go through this Holocaust guy's armor and seemingly break mountains. He can also sometimes just do things like this. Medamatcha doesn't seem to have any defense against Magneto just using electromagnetic forces to tear him apart like that. I assume that's what's happening here anyway.

In short, Magneto's shield is basically going to be impenetrable here, He is a much smarter fighter, he has a much bigger variety of powers, and he regularly stacks up to opponents who are far stronger than Medamatcha, like Hercules and Thor. There's also no reason to assume that Medamatcha is immune to just getting the metal in his blood ripped out. Magneto should comfortably take this

This is a close one. 

While the battleground doesn't necessarily work in Magnus' favor, his powers go far beyond then just bending a paper clip with his mind. I mean he can make magnetic force shields if I am remembering correctly. As stated, he is incredibly intelligent and I feel like he should be able to find a way to take out Medamatcha

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Magneto's shield would always be up in a situation like this, and his shield can stand up to hits from the likes of Marvel's Hercules (who is a tier higher than the characters in this slot, for persepctive), Thor, the Hulk, and even incredibly powerful foes that absolutely dwarf both himself and especially Medamatcha like the Phoenix and Galactus have had a hard time or at least some difficulty overcoming his shield. Obviously, in a 1-on-1 fight against beings that powerful Magneto wouldn't stand much of a chance, but the point is that his shield is so powerful that Medamatcha and his little gremlins aren't going to be able to get through it. 

As far as speed goes, while DB has very flash feats of speed that make it seem out of Magneto's reach, I don't actually think he's outclassed here at all. He regularly reacts to opponents like Quicksilver, Thor (who regularly travels and fights with FTL opponents), and the aforementioned cosmic forces. More objectively, here he is manipulating two lasers after they have already started firing. Lasers, as we know, travel at the speed of light, so that's him reacting to two distinct sources of FTL threats coming right at him and deflecting them both seamlessly. 

An important advantage for Magneto is that he's actually smart. We never see any evidence that Medamatcha is even capable of advanced thought really. Magneto, on the other hand, regularly orchestrates schemes and battle strategies against the likes of Professor X and other incredibly intelligent Marvel geniuses, both in combat scenarios and in more general "world conquering" scenarios as well. Medamatcha, on the other hand, only really has one method of attacking, he is restricted to melee combat almost exclusively as far as I remember, and he doesn't have any good feats of endurance or longevity on the battlefield. You say Medamatcha will outlast Magneto, but I think the opposite is much more likely. Pre-Namek Saga Goku simply powering up was enough to kill him, and that same Goku is also in this power tier, so I honestly sort of don't think he even belongs in this power tier. 

Also, any lifeform we know of has metal in its blood. To argue that Medamatcha doesn't would require some form of evidence in my eyes. Magneto has experience with aliens, and can detect metal naturally. That's just an aspect of his power. There's every chance that he can just rip the metal out of Medamatcha and get an easy win, as Medamatcha has no feats of endurance that would survive that, nor any power than suggests he could resist it. 

But let's assume he doesn't have metal in his blood. Again, there's no real reason to do that, but let's assume for the sake of argument. Magneto has such a wide variety of powers that he doesn't need his opponent to have metal in their blood to beat them, nor does he need a direct source of metal. Here he is BFR-ing Hercules (again, a tier above these fighters) with nothing but rocks. He can deactivate brains with an EMP (somehow). He can shoot energy lasers, which are strong enough to go through this Holocaust guy's armor and seemingly break mountains. He can also sometimes just do things like this. Medamatcha doesn't seem to have any defense against Magneto just using electromagnetic forces to tear him apart like that. I assume that's what's happening here anyway.

In short, Magneto's shield is basically going to be impenetrable here, He is a much smarter fighter, he has a much bigger variety of powers, and he regularly stacks up to opponents who are far stronger than Medamatcha, like Hercules and Thor. There's also no reason to assume that Medamatcha is immune to just getting the metal in his blood ripped out. Magneto should comfortably take this

Eh... Medamatcha is often claimed to be around Ginyu Force levels, according to some sources, a greater differential in power, and certainly making him a planet buster if that is true.

Medamatcha's techniques, do include energy absorption, but that requires physical touch or second hand touch via Medas to achieve, which would require Medamatcha to find a way to penetrate Magneto's shields somehow, that will prove tricky to begin with, not impossible but tricky.

You are right on intelligence, as Medamatcha is by no means a super genius, but he is rather persistent, although most Dragonball villains are that way any way, so that makes little difference, but that sort of persistence even after being casually tossed away by Goku is endearing in many cases.

Speed wise they are probably not too far off, but Magneto is probably faster, admittedly it can be inferred in many cases.

Is there a way for Medamatcha to win here?

I guess that depends on whether or not Magneto is being generous here.

Heh, Magneto doesn't necessarily need iron in the blood or metal to win, although it is very taxing on him to win otherwise, so that is probably the only way to win in any case.

However, otherwise, Medamatcha's biology while unknown, and likely similar to ours, would not prevent Magneto from winning here unfortunately, and his melee, ki, and Medas, would all be useless unless he could actually get at Magneto.

So, I'm at a loss here regrettably, but the night is still young I suppose.

Off topic perhaps, I can't help thinking that Magneto might find Medamatcha useful to him in some way, even in spite of his hostility towards him.

On 1/17/2021 at 7:46 PM, Z451 said:

Eh... Medamatcha is often claimed to be around Ginyu Force levels, according to some sources, a greater differential in power, and certainly making him a planet buster if that is true.

Medamatcha's techniques, do include energy absorption, but that requires physical touch or second hand touch via Medas to achieve, which would require Medamatcha to find a way to penetrate Magneto's shields somehow, that will prove tricky to begin with, not impossible but tricky.

You are right on intelligence, as Medamatcha is by no means a super genius, but he is rather persistent, although most Dragonball villains are that way any way, so that makes little difference, but that sort of persistence even after being casually tossed away by Goku is endearing in many cases.

Speed wise they are probably not too far off, but Magneto is probably faster, admittedly it can be inferred in many cases.

Is there a way for Medamatcha to win here?

I guess that depends on whether or not Magneto is being generous here.

Heh, Magneto doesn't necessarily need iron in the blood or metal to win, although it is very taxing on him to win otherwise, so that is probably the only way to win in any case.

However, otherwise, Medamatcha's biology while unknown, and likely similar to ours, would not prevent Magneto from winning here unfortunately, and his melee, ki, and Medas, would all be useless unless he could actually get at Magneto.

So, I'm at a loss here regrettably, but the night is still young I suppose.

Off topic perhaps, I can't help thinking that Magneto might find Medamatcha useful to him in some way, even in spite of his hostility towards him.

Is Medamatcha supposed to be that smart? That seems too strong to me. I'm not even 100% sure where the movie falls in the canon, but I think it's pre-namek, right?

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Is Medamatcha supposed to be that smart? That seems too strong to me. I'm not even 100% sure where the movie falls in the canon, but I think it's pre-namek, right?

Eh, he is labelled at 42,000 according to his Carddass card, tied with Nail in power level, but take that with a grain of salt. The setting does seem to be pre-Namek, however, certain elements of the plot tie in better with the Ginyu-Frieza sagas at the time, namely the discussion of Super Saiya-jin and Goku's increasing approach to it, the increase in Piccolo's strength, the Super Namek idea, and a few others. So, based on that most assume it falls in line with the Namek Saga up to that point, although not quite beyond it yet. The movie timeline is absolutely confusing, so trying to follow it is beyond difficult.

Upon release it came out between episodes 81 and 82 in Japan, the episodes in which Piccolo is fighting with Frieza, following his fusion with Nail, which gives us a general reference for about how strong we can measure the characters out to be, with Piccolo being perhaps an exception, as he does seem stronger, but this is also pre-Nail, post King Kai Piccolo so, in that his strength was not really discussed.

Medamatcha is by no means a genius or really very smart, but his intelligence as a whole is probably smarter than the likes of Recoome and others from Dragonball, so I guess that is to say average, or slightly below that, no where even in Magneto's ballpark unfortunately for him.

Medamatcha's full strength wasn't really displayed in the movie, mostly because of the short time frame he was shown in it, I'm guessing maybe 5-10 minutes of screentime, 15 if we're being generous with it, but I think we can probably trust the Carddass number based on the other details I presented alone.

Regardless, Medamatcha's power is still largely irrelevant here anyway, as like you said, he can't literally use it in any way, unless he actually reaches his opponent.

32 minutes ago, Z451 said:

Eh, he is labelled at 42,000 according to his Carddass card, tied with Nail in power level, but take that with a grain of salt. The setting does seem to be pre-Namek, however, certain elements of the plot tie in better with the Ginyu-Frieza sagas at the time, namely the discussion of Super Saiya-jin and Goku's increasing approach to it, the increase in Piccolo's strength, the Super Namek idea, and a few others. So, based on that most assume it falls in line with the Namek Saga up to that point, although not quite beyond it yet. The movie timeline is absolutely confusing, so trying to follow it is beyond difficult.

Upon release it came out between episodes 81 and 82 in Japan, the episodes in which Piccolo is fighting with Frieza, following his fusion with Nail, which gives us a general reference for about how strong we can measure the characters out to be, with Piccolo being perhaps an exception, as he does seem stronger, but this is also pre-Nail, post King Kai Piccolo so, in that his strength was not really discussed.

Medamatcha is by no means a genius or really very smart, but his intelligence as a whole is probably smarter than the likes of Recoome and others from Dragonball, so I guess that is to say average, or slightly below that, no where even in Magneto's ballpark unfortunately for him.

Medamatcha's full strength wasn't really displayed in the movie, mostly because of the short time frame he was shown in it, I'm guessing maybe 5-10 minutes of screentime, 15 if we're being generous with it, but I think we can probably trust the Carddass number based on the other details I presented alone.

Regardless, Medamatcha's power is still largely irrelevant here anyway, as like you said, he can't literally use it in any way, unless he actually reaches his opponent.

I guess Medamatcha might be a bit more powerful than I remembered. There are a lot of people people in this category that he would be a great matchup for. It's just bad luck that his first opponent here has a shield that's always up that he can't get around

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I guess Medamatcha might be a bit more powerful than I remembered. There are a lot of people people in this category that he would be a great matchup for. It's just bad luck that his first opponent here has a shield that's always up that he can't get around

Eh, luck of the draw I guess. In any case, it has been fun chatting with you Pey, I don't know if this helped you get a feel for Medamatcha at all, but hey, it's probably a good practice run for the other matches.

4 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Holy moly that's too close for comfort lol

Interesting score, I thought it would be higher though, I guess people didn't find this one as intriguing .

41 minutes ago, Z451 said:

Interesting score, I thought it would be higher though, I guess people didn't find this one as intriguing .

I was definitely intrigued by the discussion in the match.  Good volley.

9 hours ago, UMPIRE said:

Match Final Results

Medamatcha: 6
Magneto: 7

Wow that is pretty close. I was on the side of Medamatcha so sad to see him lose here but bravo anyway on his first record match in CBUB.