Killjoy: 2
The Leprechaun: 0

Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 15662 Katie Ka-Boom vs. Minerva Mink

broadwaybeyonder

“But you don’t understand!  I have to speak with Mr. Plotz immediately!”  Clara, Mr. Plotz’ secretary, sat stoically behind her desk as the pleading, teenage girl in the sweater stood before her.  In her years working at the Warner Bros Studio, Clara had seen all kinds of unusual things; talking hippos, mice planning to take over the world, not to mention the Warner siblings themselves.  This girl seemed so ordinary she was almost not worth noticing.  “I’m sorry, miss,” said Clara, adjusting her glasses.  “But Mr. Plotz doesn’t see anybody without an appointment.” 

“But I don’t need an appointment!” pouted the girl.  “I was on the original Animaniacs show!  I need to talk to Mr. Plotz to straighten this all out!”  Clara sighed, and turned to her computer.  “Very well.  Your name, please?”  The girl straightened her sweater and held her head high.  “Katie Ka-Boom.  But you know that already.”  Katie’s confidence started to leave her face as she noticed the look of non-recognition on Clara’s.  “Surely you remember my song, at least?”  Katie took a step away from the desk, put her hands in front of her, and started swaying back and forth as she sang. 

She’s Katie Ka-Boom!

Katie Ka-Boom!

She lives in a house with a garden in bloom! 

Her family knows that anytime soon,

Their little lady, Katie, goes Ka-Boom!

Katie struck a pose with the biggest jazz hands and smile she could muster.  Clara still looked unimpressed.  “Sooooo, you were a chorus girl?”  Katie’s jaw tightened, and a flicker of light flashed in her eyes, but she took a deep breath and exhaled before she approached the desk.  “No!  I was a star!  I had my own series of cartoon shorts on Animaniacs!  Oh, and my family too, of course.”  Clara raised an eyebrow.  “Are they going to be joining us, as well?”  Katie shook her head.  “Mom joined a convent, Tinker is with protective services, and Daddy’s at a Jimmy Stewart Look-a Like contest.  That’s another thing I need to talk to Mr. Plotz about.  I’ll need a new family, a new house…”   “I’m sorry, miss,” interrupted Clara.  “But I don’t recall anything from Mr. Plotz about a…Katie KerBlam cartoon.”  Katie gasped indignantly.  “It’s Ka-Boom.  And how could he have forgotten me?  I had a great run!  I ran for…um…er…well, it doesn’t matter how long I ran for!  The point is, I was hit!   That’s why I knew when I saw that Animaniacs was coming back and you hadn’t contacted me for it, there must have been a mix up with my contract!  Probably got misplaced by some intern or a dopey secretary.  Er, no offense.” 

Clara just kept scrolling through files on her computer, trying to remember how temperamental child actors could be.  “Miss…um…Ka-Boom?  I’m sorry but there was no mix up with your contract.  There is no record of you being sent one.  Or any record of discussion to consider sending you one.”  Katie starting inhaling and exhaling faster, desperately trying to keep her temper in check. “But that can’t be right!  Please!  You’ve got to let me see Mr. Plotz now!  The Warners’ can’t do the show without me!”  Clara rose behind the desk.  “I’m sorry, Miss Ka-Boom, but even if you had an appointment you wouldn’t be able to see Mr. Plotz.  He’s…um…dealing with a…uh…personal issue.”

Before Katie could reply, she was distracted by the sound of wolf whistles and cat calls from outside the door to the office.  The door swung open, and there, with a line of enraptured males behind her, stood Minerva Mink.  She was wearing a strapless, red dress, sunglasses and white sun hat.  She turned to gaze at the men behind her, with their eyes bugging out, tongues dragging on the floor, and hearts pounding out of their chests.  She smiled and waved with her hand and tail to the crowd.  “Thanks for helping me find the CEO’s office, boys.  See you around the lot!”  She turned back into the office as the crowd collectively fainted to the ground with dumbstruck expressions of joy on their faces.  Katie looked to the ceiling in disgust.  “Great.  Just what I needed today.” 

Minerva closed the door with her tail, breezed past Katie, and sat on the edge of Clara’s desk.  “Minerva Mink.  Here for my meeting with Mr. Plotz.”  Katie stomped her foot.  “You can’t meet Mr. Plotz!  I need to meet Mr. Plotz!”  Clara sat down again and turned her attention to Minerva. “I’m sorry, Miss Mink, but as I was trying to explain to this young lady, Mr. Plotz is not in.  To be honest, he is at the hospital under observation.  He was found this morning trying to eat his telephone and wrapped up in the cord.”  Minerva gave a coy smile and waved her hand dismissively.  “Yes, that was probably my bad.  It always seems to happen when I’m talking to a boy on the phone.”  “You don’t say,” muttered Katie. 

Minerva turned around, finally noticing Katie was in the room.  “I’m sorry?  Have we met before?”  Katie counted to 10 in her head before putting on her biggest smile.  “Minerva, don’t tell me you don’t remember me?  It’s me!  Katie!”  Minerva peeked over the rims of her sunglasses at Katie, then gave a squeal of recognition as she rushed to embrace her.  “Oh!  Katie!  Katie Ka-Boing!  It’s so charming to see you after all these years.”  Katie grinded her teeth as Minerva kissed her on both cheeks.  “Ka-Boom.  Not Ka-Boing.  Ka-Boom.”  Minerva took off her hat, allowing her blonde hair to fall perfectly to her shoulders as she continued.  “Well, I’d love to chat over old times, Katie, dear, but I’m going to be talking to Mr. Plotz.  Well, maybe not Mr. Plotz since he’s, heh, out of order at the moment.  But I simply must talk to somebody at Warner Bros about my job in the new Animaniacs.”  “But I’m here for a job!” Katie cried.  Minerva tucked her sunglasses in her dress and looked Katie up and down.  “A job?  As what?  Are they finally hiring new janitors around here?  The lot certainly could use it.”  Katie could feel her blood boiling as she valiantly tried to hold on to her composure. 

“I’m not here to be a janitor,” she said through clenched teeth.  “I’m here to be on the show!  Like I did before.”  Minerva looked confused for a moment, then laughed as she put her sunglasses back on.  “Oh, Katie, dear, I’m sorry.  But, um, do you really think modern audiences want to see, um, whatever is you do?”  Katie spluttered in disbelief as Clara looked through her desk and pulled out a black folder.  “Like they would want to watch what you do?!  Just do short after short of men falling on their faces over you?”  Minerva gave a cheeky smile.  “Doesn’t have be just men, dear.”  She looked over her shoulder with a smoldering glance at Clara.  Clara’s eyes began to bulge and her jaw started to head toward the desk before she shook herself out of it and cleared her throat.  “Er ahem.  Excuse me, ladies, but I think I have the answer to your problem.”  Katie and Minerva crowded to the desk as Clara removed a piece a paper from the black folder.  On the paper was a list of names, with Katie and Minerva’s names on top. 

“As you can see,” explained Clara, “the executives at Hulu made a list of individuals they did not want on the Animaniacs revival.  Both of you were on top of the list over concerns that your cartoons were too violent, and…um…explicit.”  Minerva gave her most innocent look.  “But there wasn’t any violence in my cartoons.”  Katie facepalmed in disbelief.  I’m the violent one!  You’re the explicit one, you air-headed excuse for a fox!”  Minerva gave an imperious look as she wrapped her tail around her arm like a stole.  “That’s mink, sweetheart.  And I’m not going to stand for this!  This is going to be my big comeback.  And I’m not going to let anyone get in my way.  Not Hulu, not Plotz, and certainly not some second rate teenage bimbo!” 

“Now, ladies,” said Clara.  “There must be some way we can…” She was cut off by Katie sticking her finger in Minerva’s face.  “Listen up, Minerva!  I earned my spot on Animaniacs before and I can do it again!  There’s no way I’m going back to community theater when I’ve got this chance right here!”  “Do you think it’s been easy for me?!” exclaimed Minerva, putting her hand to brow dramatically.  “Do you think I’ve enjoyed going from job to job, posing on DeviantArt for money?!”  “Yes,” Katie said flatly. 

Minerva thought for a moment, then shrugged.  “Okay maybe a little.  But the point is I belong here!  On screen!  A star!”  “Ha!  A star!” snorted Katie.  “A star who only starred in TWO cartoons!  After that you were lucky the censors let you on as an extra.  I deserve to be here!  I did twice as many shorts as you!” Minerva swished her tail as she gave poison-filled smile at Katie.  “Uh huh, and not even half as many people cared about your cartoons as they did for mine.  Just over 10 minutes of screen time and I became the biggest furry celebrity this side of Bugs Bunny.  Just what did you do in your cartoons, little girl?”

That did it.  Katie had had enough.  “LITTLE GIRL?!?!”  Smoke started pouring out of her ears encircling her like a tornado, and the bright flashes of light returned to her eyes.  All of this was ignored by Minerva, who turned back to face Clara at the desk.  “Listen, dear, you get on the phone and call the Warners.  Yakko, Wakko.  Call Dot if you have to.  I’m not leaving this office until I speak to someone in charge.”  Minerva suddenly realized that Clara wasn’t paying attention.  Her face was a picture of fright, and her eyes were focused on something behind Minerva.  Minerva turned around and before her stood a being that used to look like a teenage girl.  In her place was an 8 foot tall green monstrosity.  It’s arms dragged on the floor, ending in long fingers and pointed talons.  It’s mouth was a forest of fangs and it’s eyes flashed lightning.  It also was wearing the remnants of Katie’s sweater and pants, as well as her hair.  The creature roared in Minerva’s face, sending her hat and glasses flying and Clara ducking under the desk.  Minerva gazed up at ‘Katie’ as her hair fell back into place.  “Oh yeah,” Minerva said glumly.  “You did that, didn’t you?”  The next thing the people in the backlot heard was the sound of Minerva Mink crashing through the door to Mr. Plotz’ office.  She hurtled through air and crashed through several backdrops as ‘Katie’ gave chase, her eyes shoot lasers that sent stagehands ducking for cover.  “Please, Miss Ka-Boom!” shouted Clara from behind the desk.  “Don’t you think you’re overreacting?”  ‘Katie’ howled to the heavens.  I’M NOT OVERREACTING!  I’M A TEENAGER!” 

Minerva’s flight continued as she crashed to a brick wall and into the studio gymnasium.  Actors and stunt doubles jumped aside as Minerva slammed through a final wall and landed in the studio pool.  She crawled out of the shallow end, trying to squeeze her dress dry as she ranted.  “That does it!  First she tries to steal my part!  Then she insults me!  Then she throws me across the lot!  Now she’s ruined my dress?!  That’s it!  I don’t care how big she is!  I’ll get that spoiled rotten little…”  Minerva stopped herself.  She always knew when she was being watched.  She turned to see that all of the people in the gymnasium were looking at her with adoring eyes.  “Hi, Minerva,” one of the actors asked shyly.  “Is there anything we can do for you?”  Minerva thought for a moment, then grinned deviously.  She did her best to strike an alluring pose while standing soaking wet.  “Hi, boys.  I’ve got a little problem.  Could you lend me a hand?” 

OK:
Katie Ka-Boom: She stays in her monster form until she gets what she wants or until she goes ‘ka-boom’.  She then returns to human until something gets her mad enough to transform again. 

Minerva Mink: She is able to use her Toon ability to drive anyone who is remotely attracted to her to do what she wants.  She has access to every person on the Warner Bros backlot from Animaniacs, with the exception of Yakko, Wakko, and Dot. 

Winner is whoever immobilizes the other and gets their contract to be on the Animaniacs revival. 

Game On!

• Like 1

Neat little idea for a match. I'll be honest, I had to look both of these ladies up to remember them lol.

Even with toon force, I don't see Mink getting out of this one. Also, I just kind of feel bad for Katie. You wrote her very sympathetically. Nice job.

• Like 1

Great idea for a fight. Animaniacs had so many great side characters that I don't think I appreciated at the time. For example, it was before I saw Goidfellas so I missed out on some great references with the Goodfeathers.

I am going with Katie, partly biased because I remember her more which to me means she is a better character to renew and bring back lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Callisto said:

Match Final Results

No User Ratings on this match received!

MATCH SCORE
Katie Ka-Boom: 4
Minerva Mink: 3

This confirms it, the matches using the old rating system doesn't work anymore. Because I rated this

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE:

Hi, everybody!  It's me, Katie!  broadwaybeyonder let me use his account to let you know how it all turned out.  I did go 'ka-boom', and Minerva had all those people jump me, but I got upset again and sent that stuck up Mink flying out of the backlot!  I would just like to thank Clara Fox for finding my misplaced contract.  I start filming my cartoons again soon!  Well, they told me it'll take a while to get everything prepared but they'll let me know when their ready.  Don't worry, fans, you'll see me on Animaniacs again!  Or I might have to have another talk with Warners.  lol.  jk.  See ya!

• Like 1