Slot: The Team's New Toy
Season Wins: 3
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about My Pet Monster at Wikipedia
Official Site: Hasbro

Battle Terrain
Living Toys: best for a feral child

It's a battle of obscure '80's toys! :D  Alright, time to redeem Teddy Ruxpin here.

2 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

The animals would likely tear Teddy Ruxpin to pieces like they do to most stuffed animals, My Pet Monster has a good chance of defending himself and earning their respect.

Teddy is actually used to hanging around strange creatures. Besides, he also knows how to handle himself and help his friends when things get tough.

This is tough. My Pet Monster and Teddy Ruxpin could both be good companions for a child in this situation.

In order to determine which would be best, however, we need to look at the situation.

Feral children being raised by animals are pretty rare but it has happened and it is documented.  It is fascinating reading.

Feral children typically do not learn to speak, ever, after being recovered.  They also retain animalistic behaviors and preferences.  Their early brain development and learned behaviors go through very different conditioning - which would be geared completely towards survival.

Now normally I would say that My Pet Monster, being the more bestial of the two, would seem like a strong fit for this challenge.  I say thee, Nay!  And nay once more! For the monster toy has a debilitating weakness in this challenge.

The monster requires the child to manipulate the handcuffs to make it work.  And a feral child lives in a totally different headspace than the one which would figure that out, or even care.

Teddy Ruxpin does not have that weakness, and therefore we must conclude that Teddy is the only contender that would be ready to lend assistance from the outset.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fox said:

This is tough. My Pet Monster and Teddy Ruxpin could both be good companions for a child in this situation.

In order to determine which would be best, however, we need to look at the situation.

Feral children being raised by animals are pretty rare but it has happened and it is documented.  It is fascinating reading.

Feral children typically do not learn to speak, ever, after being recovered.  They also retain animalistic behaviors and preferences.  Their early brain development and learned behaviors go through very different conditioning - which would be geared completely towards survival.

Now normally I would say that My Pet Monster, being the more bestial of the two, would seem like a strong fit for this challenge.  I say thee, Nay!  And nay once more! For the monster toy has a debilitating weakness in this challenge.

The monster requires the child to manipulate the handcuffs to make it work.  And a feral child lives in a totally different headspace than the one which would figure that out, or even care.

Teddy Ruxpin does not have that weakness, and therefore we must conclude that Teddy is the only contender that would be ready to lend assistance from the outset.

Solid deduction. Teddy was my choice for this bout anyway, but you put it nicely.