Slot: The Team's Precocious Child
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Penny at Wikipedia
Official Site: The Cookie Jar Company

Battle Terrain
Precocious Kids: a game of Monopoly

This is kind of interesting to me, and it really depends on how these two characters match wits against one another.

Calvin doesn't have Penny's intelligence in a lot of ways, but he makes up for it with his philosophical and creative mindset, however Penny while analytical and resourceful in how she operates, lacks a bit of what Calvin has in terms of his philosophical and creative abilities as it pertains to how she operates.

On one level, I am leaning closer to Penny, due to her analytical type of mind helping her plan out and strategize a victory against Calvin in Monopoly, but Calvin's mind is strong here too, as it should reflect the more abstract side of thinking, possibly allowing him to see a strategy that Penny might not ordinarily see, due to her preference of looking at things logically.

This is thus, a good example of left brain vs right brain thinking here, and ultimately, while I'd like to see Penny as the victor here, the scenario also presents a challenge for her, depending on whether or not Calvin can use his abstract mind to counteract her left brain thinking.

21 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Him declaring it's opposite day doesn't mean that Penny would have to take that as 100% fact.

Admittedly that is true. Personally, I believe that Penny, by using her deductive reasoning skills, would probably see through that trick without too much difficulty.

In an interesting bit of coincidence though I found this Calvin and Hobbes strip that feels relatable here in some way.

i-wish-my-shirt-had-a-logo-or-a-product-

Outside of that Calvin doesn't seem to yield the practical experience that Penny has, and likely would spend too much time over- analyzing certain aspects of the game board and how the game is played, compared to Penny whose mind would perhaps allow her to play it in a top-down way, but a slightly more successful way from a business stand point.