Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

6:6 - Toyman (Hiro Okamura) vs. Moon Girl

UMPIRE

SEASON 6, ROUND 6

Toyman (Hiro Okamura)

Slot: The Team's Precocious Child
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Toyman (Hiro Okamura) at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics

Moon Girl

Slot: The Team's Precocious Child
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Moon Girl at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel

Battle Terrain
Precocious Kids: who sings karaoke the best

Heh, this was one of the match-ups I was concerned about when I thought about taking Hiro off the bench. Okay ... 

I seriously doubt either Hiro or Lunella are accomplished singers, but both could likely create something to enhance their singing voices. While Moon Girl probably has the higher I.Q., she's still only nine years old. At fourteen, Hiro is more experienced in both life and inventing, so he'd likely be more creative in singing and could probably create a more polished singing enhancer.

1 minute ago, DSkillz said:

Heh, this was one of the match-ups I was concerned about when I though about taking Hiro off the bench. Okay ... 

I seriously doubt either Hiro or Lunella are accomplished singers, but both could likely create something to enhance their singing voices. While Moon Girl probably has the higher I.Q., she's still only nine years old. At fourteen, Hiro is more experienced in both life and inventing, so he'd likely be more creative in singing and could probably create a more polished singing enhancer.

Hum... I don't know.  'Auto-Tune' is already a thing widely used in the recording industry.

I don't think there's any farther either of these two characters could go with it - without making their voices completely unnatural.

Besides, Karaoke is done au natural.  It's just you and the microphone, there is no help.  That's why it's fun!

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

Hum... I don't know.  'Auto-Tune' is already a thing widely used in the recording industry.

I don't think there's any farther either of these two characters could go with it - without making their voices completely unnatural.

I think you might be underestimating comic book geniuses. :D 

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

Besides, Karaoke is done au natural.  It's just you and the microphone, there is no help.  That's why it's fun!

Okay, then. if that were hypothetically the case, then Hiro's life experience would likely give him an edge here.

15 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Besides, as an Inhuman, she could switch bodies with somebody who can sing as well.

Um ... from what I'm seeing on her abilities, it looks like she can only switch bodies with Devil Dinosaur:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Lunella_Lafayette_(Earth-616)#Powers_and_Abilities

30 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Eh, I still say she could have a machine that helps her out. 

So could Hiro.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Hiro_Okamura_(New_Earth)#Powers_and_Abilities

As I mentioned, he's also fourteen, so he'd have more experience in making inventions.

4 hours ago, Movie-Brat said:

I don't know, if she can be smarter than Reed Richards, she could take him. 

Lunella may have a higher I.Q than Reed, but that doesn't automatically make her smarter or more capable of inventing. At only nine years old, she would obviously lack the experience to make at least some of the more complex contraptions that older comic book geniuses could.

For example, I doubt she'd have the know-how and resources to be able to invent something like this rocket that Hiro made in only a few days.

19 hours ago, Movie-Brat said:

No but she has invented a Kree detector as well being an excellent hacker. Girl at one point hacked the computers of the NYPD to find Devil Dinosaur. 

Eh, accessing NYPD computers is something any fictional hacker can do, but the Kree detector is impressive.

Debate over intellect aside, both would probably be a wash as far as making something as simple as a voice enhancer is concerned. It may ultimately come down to who'd be the more creative singer. It looks like both Hiro and Lunella are both pretty socially awkward, but I'd bet Hiro, being the older kid, would likely be more confident and creative with his singing.

Let's also keep in mind that karaoke was invented and is still very big in Japan. Hiro was born and raised in Japan, so there's no doubt that karaoke has had a bigger impact on his life.

Wooo ... close one.

It honestly could have gone either way, but I guess Hiro having grown up in the original culture of karaoke may have tipped it here.