Slot: The Team's Jack of All Trades
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about P. T. Barnum at Wikipedia
Official Site: Public Domain

Battle Terrain
Jack of all Trades: who is the best inventor

Looks like a tough slot for both of these guys. Gotta do some research ...

This sucks neither of them held a screwdriver in their LIFE

Mello will just tape two guns together and then shoot you with it (with the bullters) and Barnum will try to pawn off something from Barnum's American Museum™ as his own invention while rubbing his lil snake oil covered hands 

• Like 1

P.T. Barnum stitched a dead monkey together with a dead fish and told the public it was a Mermaid.

And the public bought it.

Although he holds no patents, I'd have to say P.T. Barnum was very inventive when it came to separating suckers from their coin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox said:

P.T. Barnum stitched a dead monkey together with a dead fish and told the public it was a Mermaid.

And the public bought it.

Although he holds no patents, I'd have to say P.T. Barnum was very inventive when it came to separating suckers from their coin.

This really comes down to what we mean by "inventor." And "better," for that matter. P.T.  Barnum might be better at selling whatever he comes up with, but he's not especially smart at creating things. I don't consider the "Feejee mermaid" you mentioned an invention, and if you look up the history, someone showed it to Barnum. He didn't even create that.

Mello, on the other hand, is easily more tactically smart than any real person IRL. He's arguably the main reason Light lost at the end of Death Note, and Light was inhumanly smart. Mello doesn't have any "inventions" that come to mind, but his little room for trading the Death Note for Sayu was a clever device that ensured the transfer was safe for all parties. If he were to really put his mind to a single problem (that doesn't involve killing other supergeniuses), I have no doubt that someone of his caliber could design an invention that would be very useful to our everyday lives. Mello isn't an inventor, but he is a problem solver by nature, and he's willing to go to even further extremes than Barnum is. His Death Note trading room is closer to an invention than anything Barnum actually created himself and he's way smarter, so I give it to Mello handily 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

This really comes down to what we mean by "inventor." And "better," for that matter. P.T.  Barnum might be better at selling whatever he comes up with, but he's not especially smart at creating things. I don't consider the "Feejee mermaid" you mentioned an invention, and if you look up the history, someone showed it to Barnum. He didn't even create that.

Mello, on the other hand, is easily more tactically smart than any real person IRL. He's arguably the main reason Light lost at the end of Death Note, and Light was inhumanly smart. Mello doesn't have any "inventions" that come to mind, but his little room for trading the Death Note for Sayu was a clever device that ensured the transfer was safe for all parties. If he were to really put his mind to a single problem (that doesn't involve killing other supergeniuses), I have no doubt that someone of his caliber could design an invention that would be very useful to our everyday lives. Mello isn't an inventor, but he is a problem solver by nature, and he's willing to go to even further extremes than Barnum is. His Death Note trading room is closer to an invention than anything Barnum actually created himself and he's way smarter, so I give it to Mello handily 

That's a solid argument.  I always hold my vote to see what will come out about the match.  Good points on Mello.

It occurred to me after the fact, but maybe I should've picked Willy Wonka for this slot. 😕 

14 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

It occurred to me after the fact, but maybe I should've picked Willy Wonka for this slot. 😕 

Great character, but similar problems.  It really depends on the challenge the character falls on.

Black Widow looks to be doing well right now because she's falling on challenges that are comfortably in her wheelhouse.  That could easily change.

P.T. Barnum should dominate on a couple of the challenges but not so much on others.