Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

6:2 - Major Grom vs. Erin Esurance

UMPIRE

SEASON 6, ROUND 2

Major Grom

Slot: The Team's Jack of All Trades
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Major Grom at Wikipedia
Official Site: Bubble Comics

Erin Esurance

Slot: The Team's Jack of All Trades
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Erin Esurance at Wikipedia
Official Site: Esurance

Battle Terrain
Jack of all Trades: the Warriors scenario - Bronx to Coney

Grom can also do it pretty well too.

The guy seems to regularly hang out around the criminal underworld of Russia when he has too, and seems to know a thing or two about thugs, gangsters, and the like.

In addition, when he has to fight, he has taken on multiple opponents at once, not just with his fists mind you, but strategically as well.

41 minutes ago, Z451 said:

Grom can also do it pretty well too.

The guy seems to regularly hang out around the criminal underworld of Russia when he has too, and seems to know a thing or two about thugs, gangsters, and the like.

In addition, when he has to fight, he has taken on multiple opponents at once, not just with his fists mind you, but strategically as well.

You make a strong case

26 minutes ago, Fox said:

You make a strong case

Hehee... I'll get into some panels a bit later, but I can state pretty handily these aspects of the character from the issues I've seen thus far.

Okay, so after re-watching the Esurance commercials, I can see that Erin's standard m.o. is to utilize gadgetry or tactics to thwart her opponents and in some cases defeat them, but that's only when she is aware or rather self-aware of what her situation is or seems to be, in a sense, the writing is tricky to figure out in some ways.

That being said, it's never shown how skilled at hand to hand she really is, not that it entirely matters, but still it's worth noting.

On that note, I still favor Grom over here, if they are playing on equal playing field of The Warriors' movie setting, I think Erin would find it harder to blend in or fight on equal terms, than Grom would.

Typically, Grom is used to the streets and does most of his work there, so in many ways, he is typically more well versed in how to handle the low lives of it.

If Grom was put into a Warriors scenario, I can see him finding a way through it, but not that easily, as he is a regular guy in terms of what he's able to do, he's skilled enough to handle himself, and quite a bit street smart, as he can handle himself in most ambushes, even without knowing completely what he's up against, but still a regular guy.

Here, that works better for him than it does for Erin, as Grom would seem to be the type to be more prepared for conflicts at the street level, most of the time, than Erin perhaps would.

Erin, in my interpretation, is highly skilled as well, but infiltrating and escaping gang territory isn't something she regularly does, so it would harder for her to blend in with street level thugs than it would be for Grom to do so by comparison, something that would seem to be slightly more important in a Warriors type of setting.

Anyway, below is some panels of Grom facing several bar patrons in combat and presumably unarmed, these should show his combat skills in terms of his hand to hand skills.

018_0013.jpg

018_0014.jpg

018_0015.jpg

018_0016.jpg

And below here is a showing of Grom's disguise skills and tactics, as well as more of his unarmed combat skills,

this time against more heavily armed opponents.

019_0015.jpg

019_0016.jpg

019_0017.jpg

These panels to me, suggest that Grom would probably find it easier to not only disguise himself if he had to, but also fight if he needed to from a tactically point of view, if the two were placed at Street level.

They do not seem to be out of Erin's range of abilities either, but also do not realistically seem to be something she has much or enough experience in to surpass Grom as it pertains to this type of setting.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I'm still in shock that someone honestly picked Erin Esurance. I thought those commercials were just a fever dream. Nice throw back.

These two seem capable of this scenario, so I'll base my vote on a consensus.

10 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

I'm sorry, I'm still in shock that someone honestly picked Erin Esurance. I thought those commercials were just a fever dream. Nice throw back.

These two seem capable of this scenario, so I'll base my vote on a consensus.

Erin Esurance is my waifu.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Venom 2009 said:

Erin Esurance is my waifu.

You sure, man? I mean, you also got all the busty anime women you've added to choose from. 😛 

But yeah, it looks like this one could go either way. Both seem great at stealth, but while Grom just might be better at infiltration and improvising, Erin has a superior arsenal and could also distract the criminal element with her looks and offers of good insurance.

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

You sure, man? I mean, you also got all the busty anime women you've added to choose from. 😛 

But yeah, it looks like this one could go either way. Both seem great at stealth, but while Grom just might be better at infiltration and improvising, Erin has a superior arsenal and could also distract the criminal element with her looks and offers of good insurance.

I got more than one waifu. 😉