Slot: The Team's Jack of All Trades
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Doc Savage at Wikipedia
Official Site: Condé Nast Publications

Battle Terrain
Jack of all Trades: who can open and run the best circus

Aren't both of these essentially the same character? I wouldn't be surprised if Indiana Jones was influenced by Doc Savage. With that being said, I think Doc Savage's knowledge is a lot more suited towards running a circus cause Indiana Jones from what I recall in the movies is more suited towards being an explorer/archaeologist, while Doc Savage's wikipedia page paints him as having knowledge on almost every science. That could help with training animals, of course, and on top of that he has a circle of close friends that could help him find fun acts for his circus. Hell, Doc Savage could even be a part of the act as an acrobat cause he's painted as being almost superhuman when compared to ol' reliable Indy.

I like Professor Jones here.  He has traveled and has contacts all over the world to help him find the best performers and animals for the circus.  His inside contacts with the government will help him cut through the red tape of getting set-up.

2 hours ago, Fox said:

I like Professor Jones here.  He has traveled and has contacts all over the world to help him find the best performers and animals for the circus.  His inside contacts with the government will help him cut through the red tape of getting set-up.

Doc Savage has all that and more, he inspired Indiana Jones, Batman, Superman etc. 

4 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Aren't both of these essentially the same character? I wouldn't be surprised if Indiana Jones was influenced by Doc Savage. With that being said, I think Doc Savage's knowledge is a lot more suited towards running a circus cause Indiana Jones from what I recall in the movies is more suited towards being an explorer/archaeologist, while Doc Savage's wikipedia page paints him as having knowledge on almost every science. That could help with training animals, of course, and on top of that he has a circle of close friends that could help him find fun acts for his circus. Hell, Doc Savage could even be a part of the act as an acrobat cause he's painted as being almost superhuman when compared to ol' reliable Indy.

You are correct Doc Savage is the quintessential pulp hero of what Indy is based on. He could definitely run a circus and even do some of the acts himself, a ringmaster getting involved personally would be something to see.

Gah, now why couldn't Barnum get this terrain?? 😒

Anyways, it looks like Doc would run a better circus in this match-up. As mentioned, he just may be essentially the first superhero, and a very diverse one at that.