Slot: The Team's Holiday Special
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Grinch at Wikipedia
Official Site: Dr. Seuss

Battle Terrain
HOLIDAY CHALLENGE: Cheer up Eeyore

Jack is not a bad guy, but as the embodiment of Halloween, bringing cheer is completely outside his understanding.

When he tried to bring cheer by taking Santa's job, he failed miserably.  It's just not in the fabric of his being... and if it was, he would not be the Pumpkin King.

Gotta go with Grinch because, in the end, he gets the spirit.

3 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

This is like the worst challenge for both contenders.. 

This slot is going to be a tough run for any character of ill will.  I expect they will feed wins to other teams.

The challenges are designed for holiday spirit and cheer. 

If this is Grinch at the climax of his story and beyond, he definitely has a shot. Jack, while always a nice guy, only really knows how to scare people.

Everyone in Halloweentown (ville? verse? cul-de-sac?) really enjoys the Halloween festivities orchestrated by Jack. He brings lots of joy that way.

Winnie the Pooh and friends probably haven't tried a Halloween spooktacular the likes of which Jack can muster. He may actually be able to beat the Grinch here. Think about it, Pooh and friends have huge hearts but Eeyore is still constantly depressed.

4 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

I think I voted for the Grinch and just now convinced myself that Jack should win.

I'm thinking a Halloween spooktacular would end up scaring the shit out of Eeyore.  But who knows, maybe he's ready to embrace his inner emo goth.

I feel Jack has a better chance at this. Yeah, he failed to bring Christmas cheer to the masses before, but Grinch never even tried to do it (he was just a guest at one party if i recall correctly) and just because he never failed doesn't mean he's automatically going to be better at it. Jack is charismatic, extroverted, a natural born performer and he has a lot of experience organizing holidays (eeyore was sad cause everyone forgot his birthday, so a birthday party may be one way to win). By the end of the movie Jack is made aware that fright type parties aren't good for everyone. He's intelligent enough to do better second time. Plus Grinch is shy and likes to keep to himself even when he does get friends, he will probably not know what to do being the one to reach out to someone. I'm going to go with the guy that at least has experience for this one.

19 minutes ago, Vincento said:

I feel Jack has a better chance at this. Yeah, he failed to bring Christmas cheer to the masses before, but Grinch never even tried to do it (he was just a guest at one party if i recall correctly) and just because he never failed doesn't mean he's automatically going to be better at it. Jack is charismatic, extroverted, a natural born performer and he has a lot of experience organizing holidays (eeyore was sad cause everyone forgot his birthday, so a birthday party may be one way to win). By the end of the movie Jack is made aware that fright type parties aren't good for everyone. He's intelligent enough to do better second time. Plus Grinch is shy and likes to keep to himself even when he does get friends, he will probably not know what to do being the one to reach out to someone. I'm going to go with the guy that at least has experience for this one.

It's a strong argument.

I haven't voted yet, so gives me something to think about.