Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Tournament - Mighty Ducks vs. Fearsome Five

JohnnyChany

screenshot-400.jpg.49d9565f69d0435e92adde1f5b6daf29.jpg

The Mighty Ducks, the hockey playing, superhero team of alien talking ducks, barreled down the roads of Anaheim in pursuit of their archnemesis, Dragaunus, and his goons.

“If we capture them here and now, we can end this,” proclaimed the golden masked leader of the group.

“Wildwing, if we can accomplish this, do you think we can finally find a way to get back home?” Duke asked. The eye patch wearing former outlaw sounded uncharacteristically hopeful.

“I don’t know,” Wildwing responded. “But, it will be a lot easier to try with Dragaunus out of the picture.”

“Wildwing! Look out!” shouted Mallory.

Out of nowhere, lightning bolts and flashing lights surrounded the Ducks’ vehicle, the Migrator. When the lights dissipated, the Migrator was on a completely different road and crashed into a tree.

Wildwing’s younger brother, Nosedive, massaged his forehead after the crash. “Did anyone get the license plate number on those bright lights?”

Mallory and Duke were the first to exit the Migrator to take a peek at the damage. They looked around in confusion at an unfamiliar landscape.

“This isn’t Anaheim,” said Mallory. “Where are we?”

Duke took notice of a family of anthropomorphic ducks in a nearby park. :”Hey, check it out. Do you think we have been sent back home?”

The duo were then joined by Wildwing and team tech genius, Tanya.

“I mean I know it’s been awhile since we have been back, but this doesn’t look like Puckworld,” said Tanya.

Wildwing scanned their surroundings with his mask. “This is definitely not our home. This is something else.”

Duke sighed. “Ah man, have we been sent to another dimension again?”

Nosedive and the gentle giant, Chin, were the last two members of the team to join the rest of the group outside the Migrator.

“That would appear to be the case,” Chin answered.

Nosedive’s eyes bulged out and he gasped with excitement. “Oh my god, this must be a crossover episode. I hear they are all the rage now.”

“But where have we crossed over to?” wondered Wildwing.

“Quick we need to find a TV,” Nosedive suggested.

“This is no time for cartoons,” Duke scolded.

“Not cartoons, backstory,” Nosedive corrected. “C’mon you know how this works.”

Mallory pointed across the street. “There is an electronics store over there.”

The Mighty Ducks ran across the street to catch a glimpse of the TVs in the window. All the televisions were airing the same broadcast of a news reporter standing in front of a chaotic scene at a local bank.

“Reporting live from St. Canard National Bank where we are now in day 3 of total anarchy. Villains are running up and down the streets of this once great city unchallenged and unchecked. The police force is overwhelmed and the citizenry is scared. And the question on everyone’s minds remains where is Darkwing Duck?”

The reporter was suddenly shoved away by the nefarious leader of the Fearsome Five, Negaduck. He grabbed the microphone and looked directly into the camera. “I just want to personally thank the efforts of Taurus Bulba, Steelbeak,  and all of F.O.W.L. for creating the portal machine we used to trap that dogooder dunce, Darkwing, forever. They would be here to celebrate with us, but then I remembered they rejected my application once. So we shoved them in too.” Negaduck cackled maniacally.

The intrepid reporter could not resist the urge to get a scoop. “What exactly are your plans now?”

“Our plan is to have the Fearsome Five run this city. We are going to carve it up into five equal pieces… well five pieces anyway. And no one can stop us.” Negaduck paused for a moment as an idea struck him. “And just to ensure that no one can come to save St. Canard, we are now going to go destroy the bridge.”

1607419-cainsaw.png.f30cd03fbd0f6e8117cb7c763d14f6f2.png

Negaduck pulled out a chainsaw and revved it up. He was then joined in frame by the electric villain, Megavolt and the sinister jester, Crackerjack.

“I can’t wait. Oh, hold on a second. Won’t they still be able to fly into the city?” asked Megavolt.

Negaduck dropped his chainsaw and pulled out a large bazooka. “That is what this is for!”

“Oh my!” Crackerjack danced around while clapping his hands. “You have to let me put that in one of my toys.”

Negaduck swiped the bazooka away from Crackerjack’s grasp. “Not on your life.”

“Should we get started right away?” Megavolt asked.

“Absolutely, let’s go boys,” Negaduck announced.

Megavolt turned to face the camera. “Be sure to tune in for all the carnage and fun.” He then zapped the camera, blowing it up.

“It looks like we are exactly where we need to be,” Wildwing commented. “This city needs our help.”

“Those jokers looked like something straight out of a comic book,” Duke remarked.

“An awesome comic book,” Nosedive added.

“Where are we supposed to find this bridge he was talking about?” Mallory wondered.

Chin clasped his massive hands together and nodded. “To find the answer one must look within.” He closed his eyes for a second before opening them and pointing in the distance. “Also at the city skyline.”

The ducks returned to the Migrator and made their way to the bridge  

St_Canard.jpg.573cf53d8d5108c4c60bdd11d7b0c100.jpg

A tumultuous scene awaited them at their destination. The ducks stared in disbelief as Megavolt used self aware household appliances such as vacuum cleaners and refrigerators to attack the St. Canard police. Nearby, Crackerjack unleashed his evil toys on citizens in their cars.  The entire bridge started to be overrun by vines at the direction of half plant, half duck scientist, Bushroot.

“This is unreal,” stated Nosedive. “It’s like having to fight the Saurians, Dr. Droid, and that alien plant from the leader episode all at the same time.”

“We need to move fast.” Mallory declared. “Everyone here is in danger.”

“I’m on it.” Nosedive skated on to the bridge and battered toy soldiers with his hockey stick. He stopped when he noticed Crackerjack’s trademark chattering teeth chewing up his stick.

“Lame.” Nosedive pulled out his puck blaster. “Time for some reconstructive dental surgery.”

A short distance away, Chin calmly meditated as vines wrapped around him. “I am one with nature. I am one with nature.”

Duke slashed at the vines with his sword. “Chin snap out of it, you have to fight back.”

Chin opened his eyes and tore apart branches with his bare hands. “I simply wanted nature to know this attack is not personal.”

Wildwing, Mallory, and Tanya  looked around the scene for the Fearsome Five leader. Wildwing was the first to spot Negaduck, who was hacking away at suspension cables with his chainsaw with joyous abandon. 

“That duck has some serious issues,” Mallory remarked.

Wildwing fired puck projectiles from his wrist blasters to knock the chainsaw out of Negaduck’s hands.

“On the news report he said Fearsome Five, so we should have the numbers advantage. Although, I don’t see the fifth member,” said Tanya.

Suddenly, a large tidal wave arose from the bay and hovered over the three heroes. Liquidator stood atop the wave. 

“Ladies and Gentlemen, do I have a deal for you,” he announced. “We are having a massive clearance sale on all used hockey equipment. Absolutely everything must go.”

The wave smashed into Wildwing, Tanya, and Mallory.

“Bro!” shouted Nosedive.

Nosedive, Duke, and Chin hurried over to help up their fallen teammates.

The rage inside Negaduck boiled over as he watched his chainsaw fall into the water. “Fearsome Five. get over here!” he hollered.

The other four supervillains quickly scurried to stand beside their leader.

“We have to be smart about this,” said Wildwing as he returned to his feet. “They are powerful, but they must have weaknesses. It’s going to take an intelligent, coordinated effort to beat them.”

“Are we going to form the Flying V?” asked Nosedive.

“Huh?”

Nosedive smacked his own forehead. “Sorry, wrong Ducks franchise. The dimension hopping must have scrambled my head a little bit.”

“Whatever we are going to do, we need to figure it out quickly. They are heading our way,” said Duke.

“I don’t know what reject rec league you ducks come from, but you are going to regret coming here,” Negaduck threatened. “And you are really going to regret making me drop my favorite chainsaw!!”

• Like 1

Interesting match and a blast from the past. I watched more Mighty Ducks than I did Darkwing Duck as a kid but this feels like a real crossover. You got the characters right and the humor down.

If this were an episode of the Mighty Ducks, which it seems it is, then I think they get the victory here. Both have toon force and you can make an argument for either but that's just my opinion.

This would be a fun special crossover episode.  I never watched these shows but I'm aware of them and I get the references.

Kind of surprised these two haven't met in a match before. 

I'll go with the Mighty Ducks on this one.  I think they have what it takes to save the city.  Besides, someone has to rescue Darkwing Duck.

Thanks for the entertaining read.

Hmm ... it appears someone was motivated by a certain old match ... :D 😛 

Good entry, Johnny. Never saw the Mighty Ducks series, but I know Darkwing Duck quite well, and you have the Fearsome Five down pat (though you missed out on adding some dialogue from Bushroot). The Fearsome Five are powerful, but overall not too bright.  The Mighty Duck appear to be powerful in their own right, and if they're generally as clever and resourceful as Disney heroes tend to be, they should probably win this. 

BTW, the fact that a Darkwing Duck match has popped is pretty good timing. Apparently, there's going to be a Darkwing Duck reboot that will spin off from the recent DuckTales reboot. 

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/darkwing-duck-reboot-disney-plus-1234830283/

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
Fox - CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2
DSkillz - CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2

FPA Calculation:
0 + 4 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 4 Total Votes
( (0 * 5) + (4 * 4) + (0 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 16 Total Stars Score
16 / 4 = 4.00 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE
Mighty Ducks: 5
Fearsome Five: 0