Kylo Ren vs. Jacen Solo
MATCH SCORE
Kylo Ren: 2
Jacen Solo: 9

Zurg (Lightyear 2022 movie) vs. The Rancor
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
The Rancor: 1

Rumble 20574 Vindicator vs. Amelia Voght vs. Bug Pit (King Kong 2005)
MATCH SCORE
Vindicator: 2
Amelia Voght: 1
Bug Pit (King Kong 2005): 1

Match 7207 Sinister Six vs. Fearsome Five

Guest callisto

Guest callisto

In the midst of their latest battle with Spider-Man, the Sinister Six, consisting of Doctor Octopus, Mysterio, Sandman, Kraven the Hunter, Vulture, and Electro, suddenly materialize near the end of a long suspension bridge. "All the fuss over that dimension trans-thingie, and all it did was zap us to the Brooklyn Bridge?" whines Electro."Inter-dimensional transporter," corrects Doc Ock. "It's the very thing we were trying to use against--""Whatever," replies Electro dismissively. "All I know is, I'm going to KILL that web-head for getting us sent all the way across town!" "Yes, in all the places in the world that contraption could've sent us--" starts Mysterio."Waitaminute!" interrupts Sandman as he looks around. "I've lived in New York my whole life, and this ain't no Brooklyn Bridge!""Hmmm,… you're right, Marko, and this isn't New York, either," says Vulture, as he and the others look past the bridge and see a skyline very different from the Big Apple's. He then takes off, soaring past the end of the bridge, circles the area for a moment, then flies back."The sign at the end of the bridge says: 'Welcome to St. Canard.'""St. Canard? Where in the hell is--" exclaims Electro before he's interrupted by several cars that swerve away from the group, barely avoiding hitting them. One of the cars skids and stops just short of the bridge's edge. The villains are obviously very surprised when a duck and a pig in business attire get out of the vehicle, both standing upright. "Anthropomorphic beasts?" asks Doc Ock."Anna-who?!" Sandman blurts out."MONSTERS!" cry the animals as they run off screaming."Animals that talk and act like humans," replies Doc Ock. "Did you drop one of your holocubes again, Mysterio?" he then asks with a smirk."Of course not. I don't make holograms THIS absurd," answers the illusionist villain."Wait!" exclaims Vulture. "The landscape is very different, 'Canard' is French for 'duck', and now we see talking animals … " He then suddenly gasps. His next statement has a mixed tone of solemnity and anger. "The transporter … when its beams hit us … it must have actually sent us to another dimension.""WHAT?!" the others shout, almost in unison."That does it! Now I'm REALLY gonna kill Web-Head!" Electro declares, as electricity starts crackling from his body."This is YOUR fault!" Kraven yells at Doc Ock as he gets in his face. "We could have defeated Spider-Man on our own, but you insisted that we use that wretched device to send him away!""A brilliant plan that would have worked perfectly," replies Doc Ock. "But the Web-Slinger caught on to us and tried to escape. Besides, as I recall, wasn't it YOU who tackled him into the transporter and caused it to activate?""Are you trying to say that this is--""Not trying, my dear Kraven," retorts Doc Ock, arching his coils the Hunter's way. "I already said it!" "Gentlemen." Vulture extends a winged arm between the two men before they can come to blows. "Petty squabbling isn't going to solve anything now. We need to regroup.""Yes, you're right, Vulture," sighs Doc Ock. Kraven walks away in a huff. "We must devise a means to return home. Building a new transporter shouldn't prove too difficult. We merely require some raw materials.""Hey, guys, check it out," Sandman says with a smirk. "Maybe we can get them from these guys." He motions towards the small crowd of human-like animals now gathered in front of them, cowering in fear."These creatures are actually terrified of us," says Mysterio. "This should prove interesting.""Indeed. They may fear us even moreso than humans ever did," agrees Doc Ock. "Let us pay a visit to this … 'St. Carnard.'"And so, the Sinister Six begins its rampage on St. Canard, terrorizing its citizens along the way. Doctor Octopus and Vulture, as the scientists of the group, start collecting materials for a new transporter. In the meantime, Electro fires a few bolts at some frightened people and overloads a nearby transformer, while Mysterio uses holograms of giant beasts and robots to scare off some others, both for their amusement. Sandman, after tossing aside a police uniform-clad dog and cat duo with giant sand-hands, uses his powers to forcibly eject money from some ATM's."Why so glum, Kravinoff?" asks Mysterio. "One would think you'd enjoy hunting these strange beings.""Bah!!" scoffs Kraven, as sits alone on a bus bench, looking gruff as he fiddles with his hunting knife. "I joined this group for the thrill of hunting Spider-Man, not to become a common criminal! There is nothing exciting about hunting prey that only wishes to flee." "Yeah, I hear ya, Kraven," Sandman chimes in. "This place is good for laughs and all, but robbin' it and whatnot's a little too easy, ya know? I almost wish they had a costumed freak we could knock heads with.""I … am the terror … that flaps in the night!" a voice dramatically declares from out of nowhere, getting the attention of the villains."Who's there?" says Electro as he looks around for the source of the voice along with the others. Even Kraven perks up, hoping for a worthy challenge."I … am the deep, set-in stain in your carpet that just won't come out!" the voice continues, as a blue smoke cloud forms in front of the group."I … am Darkwing Duck!"The smoke clears and reveals the costumed hero with his sidekick, Launchpad McQuack."Freeze, you alarming aliens! Your atrocious assault against the amicable citizens of this city ends now!" Darkwing declares while pointing his gas gun."Darkwing Duck? Oh, that's rich!" says Sandman just before bursting out in laughter. "I mean, he's got his own mask and cape and everything!""Nice theatrics," remarks Electro. "A few more perks and he could give you a run for your money, Mysterio.""Oh, please," scoffs Mysterio. "He is but a rank amateur to me."A familiar look of exasperation crosses Darkwing's face."Gee, DW, these guys look something like that alien Comet Guy! They don't look as friendly, though" chimes in Lauchpad, referring to the humanoid superhero that Darkwing trained some time ago."Hey, you're right, LP!" replies Darkwing. "No wonder this species looks so familiar! They might be villains from his home planet." "Well, it appears this town has its own costumed interloper after all," says Doc Ock as he and Vulture return with various metal and glass paraphernalia."Yes, and a fellow fowl, no less," quips Vulture."There's … more … of them?" Darkwing says meekly, before putting on a brave front. "No matter! Stop where you are or prepare to suck ga -- hey!"Before the hero can react, one of Doc Ock's coils shoots out and snatches the gas gun right out of his hands."Interesting device," remarks the coiled villain while inspecting the weapon. "Electro?" "Gotcha, Doc!" Doc Ock then tosses the gas gun in the air as Electro creates a charge in his fist and destroys the weapon with a blast."Got any more gadgets, duck?" taunts Sandman, who has finally stopped laughing but is still smirking."Uh, … no, but I can still take you fiends down the old-fashioned way! Mano-a-mano!""Um, DW," starts Launchpad. "I don't think that's such a --"Darkwing then goes into various fighting poses and chants in pseudo-karate before launching himself at Sandman with a flying kick. Unfortunately, the sandy villain turns his body rock-hard just as the hero connects, causing the latter to hop away and yelp in pain while holding his foot. "Well, that was … amusing, but I'd say it's time we did away with our avian friends," says Vulture.Darkwing and Launchpad gulp nervously as the Sinister Six converge upon them.Meanwhile, in an abandoned warehouse, the Fearsome Five are plotting their next move against St. Canard and Darkwing Duck. Negaduck is facing the rest of the group with a TV tuned in to the local news in the background."Okay, here's my brilliant plan," Negaduck says with an evil grin and a small laugh. "Megavolt, you and Quackerjack will take over the city's power plant while Liquidator floods the busiest streets downtown as a distraction."Bushroot then notices something peculiar airing on TV. "Meanwhile, Bushroot and I will -- ""Um, Negaduck?" the plant villain interrupts."Not … NOW, Bushroot! I'm trying to explain my brilliant plan!" the masked villain snaps through gritted teeth."Y, y, … you might wanna see what's on the news." Bushroot timidly replies."What is it n--" groans Negaduck as he turns to see the TV. His jaw almost drops to the floor at what he sees. He and the others immediately see a breaking news report featuring several humans dressed in unusual and colorful costumes bringing chaos and destruction to St. Canard. The news then cuts to footage of Darkwing Duck facing off against the nefarious group."That goody-good's gonna try to take on those goofy-looking alien giants? He doesn't stand a chance," remarks Quackerjack as he nudges in front of the group. "Ooh, ooh! Lemme see!""And now, for your viewing pleasure, it's Darkwing Duck versus a band of villainous monsters from parts unknown!" says Liquidator in a boisterous tone indicative of the salesman he once was. "Can our hero prevail, or will he die a horrible, gruesome death? Stay tuned!" "And one of 'em's copying MY powers?! Oooh, that really gets me steamed!" whines Megavolt as he notices Electro's fist sparkling with an electric charge. "They do look like a mean bunch," says Bushroot. "What should we do?""Uh, boss?""An alien supervillain team … trying to take over St. Canard … and about to take out that meddlesome Darkwing to boot," says Negaduck in a strangely calm tone. The other villains are unsure how to react."HOW DARE THEY!!" Negaduck suddenly growls as he quickly turns back around and pulls a machine gun seemingly out of nowhere. The others quickly take cover just as he starts maniacally spraying the place with rapid-fire."This is MY city! Darkwing Duck is MY archenemy! And those freak-show rejects think they can just walk in and take what's rightfully MIINE?! I'll turn 'em all into mutant shish-kebab first!!"Negaduck finally stops shooting, and is now panting with an almost rabid expression on his face. The hideout itself is in near total shambles from all the gunfire, and the rest of the Fearsome Five peep their heads out from their respective covers. "This is no time for hide-and-seek, you idiots!" says Negaduck. "We've got some alien skulls to crack!"The Sinister Six walk down a recently deserted city street with their materials in tow. Doc Ock holds a distraught Darkwing Duck in one of his coils while Sandman holds an equally distraught Launchpad with a giant sand hand protruding from his back."After we dispose of these so-called 'heroes', we can gather more materials to build our transporter and finally be done with this place," says Doc Ock. "Once we get back, I want to personally 'thank' the Wall-Crawler for our little trip," says Vulture."Sounds good ta me," smiles Electro."But will that not require a 'brilliant plan'?" says Kraven sarcastically. Doc Ock turns to glare at the Hunter just as a small rocket strikes the ground in front of the group. The resulting explosion knocks them all back a few yards and frees the heroic duo."Hold it right there! If anybody's gonna kill Darkwing Duck, it's gonna be ME!" shouts Negaduck with bazooka in tow. The Fearsome Five stand on a nearby building's rooftop, overseeing the downed group. Liquidator then slithers down the building in fluid form while the others are carried down on a giant vine. "Friends of yours?" says Vulture to the heroes as he stands and rubs his lower back."Ohh, that felt good!" says Negaduck with a evil grin. "Ok, that shot put me back in a good mood, so I'm giving you alien bozos one chance to leave town before things get ugly. But deep down, I really hope you want things to get ugly!""This place has villains as well?" Doc Ock says as he steps up. "How quaint. But I'm afraid we're not leaving until our business is done here. So I advice you … creatures to step aside if you value your well-being! Gentlemen?" "I tried to be nice, but I'm gonna enjoy roasting your sorry hides," says Negaduck, pulling a laser rifle, again out of nowhere. "Fearsome Five!" The two villainous factions flank their leaders and square off. "Finally, prey that may be worthy of the Hunt!" beams Kraven as he pulls out a machete."We're not afraid of you, you … monsters!" says Bushroot. "When we're through with you--"A giant pair of pruning shears appears over the plant villain, who promptly shrieks in fear and ducks behind Liquidator."Heh, typical," quips Mysterio with a holocube in hand. Suddenly, a small spiked ball hits the device and shatters it."Nice toy, but I think I broke it!" mocks Quackerjack, holding a slingshot while flanked by giant mechanical teeth. "I'm gonna fry you for taking my schtick, you mutant freak!" snaps Megavolt as a large electrical field forms around him."Wait, I'M the copycat freak?! Look who's talkin', rat-face!" Electro snaps back as he forms an equally large electrical field."A movie ticket: seven dollars!" starts Liquidator. "A new car: forty thousand dollars! Mangling these otherworldly fiends: priceless!" Darkwing and Launchpad stand between the two groups and nervously look back and forth between them. "What do we do now, DW?" asks Launchpad."What any good hero would do in this situation, LP," Darkwing responds to his sidekick. "Run!"

Ok, I'm using the original lineup of the Sinister Six for this set-up, because I figured they'd be the best group to match up with the Fearsome Five. All characters also have their full abilities. I just hope enough people here are old enough to remember the Fearsome Five. Quite frankly, I'm surprised no one's thought of this match-up before.

EDIT: All characters have their full abilities, except Vulture's life-force draining ability.

Guest MonMatataKey

What an amazing, AMAZING set-up. Great job. Logic tells me that the Fearsome Five have no business winning, but my nostalgic love for Darkwing Duck clouds that. Plus, a truly unhinged Negaduck should be capable of damn near anything.

What an amazing, AMAZING set-up. Great job. Logic tells me that the Fearsome Five have no business winning, but my nostalgic love for Darkwing Duck clouds that. Plus, a truly unhinged Negaduck should be capable of damn near anything.

Thanks!

This is my first dialogue-driven set-up, so I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull off all the dialogue, but with so many colorful characters, that was about the only route I could see this match going.

Yep, the dialogue was definitely the toughest part, especially Darkwing, Negaduck, and Liquidator's. If Liquidator's ever added to the database, I don't pity the next person that puts him in a match. He'd probably make a great commentator, though.

Thanks!

This is my first dialogue-driven set-up, so I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull off all the dialogue, but with so many colorful characters, that was about the only route I could see this match going.

Yep, the dialogue was definitely the toughest part, especially Darkwing, Negaduck, and Liquidator's. If Liquidator's ever added to the database, I don't pity the next person that puts him in a match. He'd probably make a great commentator, though.

Gah, that should say envy. lol

Guest TheMarineV2

Lol very nice. I couldn't stop laughing when I read the setup, and I have to agree that The Fearsome Five has no business winning, but I see Liquidator shorting out Electro, MegaVolt frying Doc Ock, QuackerJack breaking Mysterio's dome and then knocking him out cold, Bushroot calling all the trees in town to beat down Kraven, and Negaduck taking out the rest as he goes besserk with an electric gattling gun. I have to give this a "It's Good" becuase I just couldn't stop laughing.

Lol very nice. I couldn't stop laughing when I read the setup, and I have to agree that The Fearsome Five has no business winning, but I see Liquidator shorting out Electro, MegaVolt frying Doc Ock, QuackerJack breaking Mysterio's dome and then knocking him out cold, Bushroot calling all the trees in town to beat down Kraven, and Negaduck taking out the rest as he goes besserk with an electric gattling gun. I have to give this a "It's Good" becuase I just couldn't stop laughing.

PAINFULLY FUNNY. DW duck good times. Five win for nostalgia.

Thank you both! I was hoping I'd do the characters justice. Darkwing Duck was one of my favorite 'toons growing up, and both the Fearsome Five and Sinister are two of my favorite groups of villains.

This is freakin' hilarious. "It's good" from me. I'm not going to vote though cause I probably can't vote accurately. I saw a little Darkwing on Toon Disney when I was a kid but not enough to remember the villains well enough.

This is freakin' hilarious. "It's good" from me. I'm not going to vote though cause I probably can't vote accurately. I saw a little Darkwing on Toon Disney when I was a kid but not enough to remember the villains well enough.

Thank you. I had no idea it was going to turn out funny (guess I was too deep into the creative process, lol); that's an added bonus.

All I can say is....LETS GET DANGEROUS!!!! ;) I love DW.

Um I'll for a Sinister Six I just think they're superior and more experienced in their powers and abilities.

Thanks for the read and the comment.

Oh, man, I really like this match. The set up was hilarious, well written, and starred obscure but beloved Darkwing Characters? Oh man, an "It's Good" from me.

As for the match, let's break it down:

1. Megavolt vs Electro

This one is up for grabs. Both can store a city's energy supply. Both were electricians (unless my memory is failing me). Both often comedic. I'm leaning to Megavolt, if only due to the toonforce.

2. Vulture + Kraven vs Quakarat (Name?)

This one would be fun to watch. Kraven is so serious most of the time, that meeting this foe would be hilarious. I'm going with him and vulture taking it.

3. Sandman vs Liquidator

Another tough one. However, Sandy has been beaten by Hydroman in the past (and also merged with him on an occasion), so I'm giving it to the evil salesman.

4. Bushroot vs Mysterio

If Bushroot snaps into focus, he could easily take it. However, against Mysterio? Mysterio would have to be a fool not to win.

5. Doc Oct vs Nega-Duck

Oct may be a genius, but he also follows the laws of physics. Negaduck doesn't. He pulls out those weapons and defeats Doc.

After than, Liquidator easily bests the rest of the Six, with Nega-Duck helping Megavolt (in case his match dragged out longer).

So, FF ftw. I hope more people use those guys.

Heh, I was wondering when someone would at least hint at the possible Mud-Thing II scenario. Glad you liked it, Marvel Man.

The voting on this one should be very interesting.