Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

5:4 - Black Canary vs. X-23

UMPIRE

SEASON 5, ROUND 4

Black Canary

Slot: The Team's Mid-Level Superhero
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Black Canary at Wikipedia
Official Site: D.C Comics

X-23

Slot: The Team's Mid-Level Superhero
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about X-23 at Wikipedia
Official Site: marvel

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Tiny Island

If X-23 is like Wolverine, then I think the Canary Cry is actually uniquely tailored to counted her. 

Hulk-Thunderclap-Wolverine.jpg?q=50&fit=

While it's not necessarily a Kryptonite level weakness, there have been many instances where Wolvie has been incapped by loud sounds overloading his senses. The Canary Cry is not only incredibly loud, but it also has a ton of kinetic force that's basically a very hard to dodge AoE in front of Black Canary. With this environment, Canary should have no problem hanging in long enough to know that she has to use the Cry, at which time the combination of the sound incapacitating X-23 and the kinetic force knocking her into the water, exposing another of Wolvie's vulnerabilities in drowning. Even if the sound isn't enough to kill her, it would quite possibly knock her out, as it has harmed and dealt serious damage to incredibly strong beings in DC before. 

The canary cry would indeed be a painful attack towards Laura’s senses, though unlike Wolverine, Laura isn’t vulnerable towards drowning. A lot of that has to do with Logan and his heavy as hell adamantium skeleton, which Laura doesn’t have. That said, it really does depend on the Canary Cry. If she would use it right off the bat, how long it could be sustained and how long X-23 can endure it. If Canary hits her with it long enough or with repeated assaults of it, then yeah I could see it going her way with a knockout. But if Laura can endure and adapt to it, she might have a chance. Tough call, could really see this going either way in a 50/50 comic book fight, as said on her last match.

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Again, I'm not upset at the result, but who are these 12 people voting for X-23 and why did none of them discuss the fight at all?

Lurkers. 

I vote in every match but don't necessarily comment in all of them.  I did not comment in this one.

I mean, I could have Umpire print out who voted for who, but it seems a bit much.

3 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Again, I'm not upset at the result, but who are these 12 people voting for X-23 and why did none of them discuss the fight at all?

Both of the characters have had a couple matches by now, so there may not be need for as much discussion. A lot of minds are probably made up when they see the matchup.

2 hours ago, Fox said:

I mean, I could have Umpire print out who voted for who, but it seems a bit much.

Lol no, that's okay. Again, I'm not upset. I understand this result and think it would be a hard fought battle regardless. I just wish people would engage with the conversation more sometimes

Just now, Bergy_Berg said:

Both of the characters have had a couple matches by now, so there may not be need for as much discussion. A lot of minds are probably made up when they see the matchup.

That's just a major bummer for me because the discussion is like 90% of the fun for me. There are countless websites and subreddits where we can just vote on who would win, but the discussions here tend to actually be interesting when they happen

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

That's just a major bummer for me because the discussion is like 90% of the fun for me. There are countless websites and subreddits where we can just vote on who would win, but the discussions here tend to actually be interesting when they happen

Oh definitely. When I have a real opinion I always share it on these tournament matches. I just didn't have much to say on this match.