Gambit: 6
Dr. Facilier: 1

Lilandra Neramani vs. Agent L
MATCH SCORE
Lilandra Neramani: 2
Agent L: 4

CBUB May Challenge Results!!!

DSkillz

Ladies(?) and Gentlemen, the results are in and tallied, so without further ado we bring you the results of the 3rd ever CBUB Monthly Challenge:

THIRD PLACE up with the score of 3.825...

Confession FTP

SECOND PLACE with a score of 4.4...

JohnnyChany

And the FIRST PLACE WINNER with a total score of 4.85 is

LONEWOLF WITH CARNAGE VS SPIDER-MAN

Here's what the Judges thought of his setup:

Darkender:

Lonewolf

Challenge Requirement- 4

Confrontation-4

Grammar-4

Entertainment-5

Style-5

Wow. That was great. While at first I was skeptical of Spiderman giving up his son for Ben, the writing really made up for it. Just awesome. However, I was the judge that wished to ban traditional match ups in the first place which is why you didn't receive a 5. Also, the way you arranged them to meet seemed like a cop out to me. (Or maybe I just wanted to read more?) I saw a couple mistakes but overall it was still quite good.

Z451:

Lonewolf

Challenge:5

Grammar:5

Entertainment:4

Style:5

Overall:5

Culwych1:

LoneWolf - Carnage VS Spider-Man

5/5 - Stylish and smooth, this is what CBUB is all about. OK, it's a classic match turned on its head and some of us wanted it mixed up a bit more in regards to villains vs heroes... but wow, this is simply amazing. We can easily see how much effort has gone into creating this story, with the pictures adding that extra depth. 5 out of 5 and the undisputed winner of this month's challenge for me.

Ruinus:

Carnage vs. Spider-Man by LoneWolf

5 out of 5

Jesus Christ this set up.

Congratulations LoneWolf, your match is going in the Outstanding Match Ups thread and your name is going in the CBUB Hall of Fame as writer of the Month. Outstanding job.

For a complete breakdown of scores:

Lonewolf 4.85

JohnnyChany 4.4

Confession FTP 3.825

bigballerju 3.6

KibaxHinata 3.5

Shadow Flesh 3.25

Square Pickle 3.075

Screwattackfan25 3

Megarock8 1.35

Congratulations, LoneWolf! That set-up did kick ass. I'm very sorry I didn't get a chance to rate and comment on it.

Well... this makes two straight months I don't get an entry in... :( I gotta get with it, man!

Guest bigballerju

Thats awesome that Lonewolf won because his match was excellent. I told him in the comments of his match no way he wouldn't be considered for the top 3 and hell he went on to win it. Very well deserved and nice comeback for Lonewolf because he had stopped writing setups for a while.

Guest LoneWolf

I am actually really excited to have won this! Thanks for all the positive votes!

CBUB has been an obsession of mine for a while =) There were some really good entries this time around, as there usually are, and reading my own set up I wasn't sure what reaction I'd get. I intentionally tried to make a more twisted, Hellraiser inspired spin on this Spiderman, since I admit it was such a super bread and butter basic match up...

Looking forward to next month's challenge!

Guest Ruinus

I would like to see what the judges thought of the other fights (including my own if that's okay.).

Heracles (Greek Mythology) vs. The Hydra by Square Pickle

3.5 out of 5.

I like it, it was written well enough and had an interesting choice of characters (I was surprised someone used Greek mythology). I remember the Greek gods being dicks enough that this could have been possible in their lore, so that worked for me too. There was a bit of confusion where Athena comes up to Heracles and then it's Hera that gets smacked away.

Vulcan(Gabriel Summers) vs. Thor by bigballerju

3.5 out of 5

The story had too many grammatical errors for me (run on sentences, there could have been a few commas here and there) and the writing was somewhat simplistic for me (though that's a stylistic opinion). But besides all those things I didn't like I did enjoy the inclusion of images (but I can't grade on this, since this is a writing contest), and the story itself I thought was pretty good. I've only seen the Thor movie, but it reminds me of this behavior at the beginning of that movie and this seems as if he reverted to that by cranked to 11. I was confused as to Vulcan's plan. Was he going to just fight Thor head on or was he going to go around finding these reality warpers? It seems like he though about doing the latter but then just... rushed Thor head on.

Soi Fon and Kuchiki Byakuya vs. Ulquiorra Cifer by KibaxHinata

3 out of 5

I gave this a half score because it almost as if half of the set up was back story. I understand that the first half with Harribel and Baraggan sets up the fight with Soi Fon, Kuchiki Byakuya and Ulquiorra but it could have been cut down to maybe a reference or two. Instead you could delete everything before "Hueco Mundo, 50 miles away" and get the exact same fight.

Poison vs. Michelangelo (TMNT) by JohnnyChany

4 out of 5

For some insane reason I actually believe this hilarious turn of events that led Mikey into a path of crime and Poison/Hugo into a path of heroism. And I've got no clue why. Oh wait I do, it's because this is well written.

Magneto vs. Human Torch by megarock58

1 out of 5

At least he tried.

Daredevil vs. Sweet Tooth by Confession FPT

4 out of 5

I like the set up, even though I don't know the characters too well, I know enough that they fit into the grim, dirty look of a crime ridden world, and I appreciated the parallels between their turning points, the deaths of their families. I also never knew that the clown guy was called Needless Kane, I always thought it was Sweet Tooth.

Albert Wesker vs. Inuyasha by ScrewAttackFan25

3 out of 5

I saw a few episodes of Inuyasha so I could be wrong, but I don't exactly buy the idea of Kogame being friendly with anyone invovled with Umbrella Corp or with Wesker, nor could I see Wesker suddenly start to like some teenage Japanese girl just because she happens to be nice to him.

Carnage vs. Spider-Man by LoneWolf

5 out of 5

Jesus Christ this set up.

Duke Nukem vs. Mystique by Shadow Flesh

5 out of 5

*vulgarity*ing hell. This set up too.

Actually, this set up was also interesting because it muddled Duke up by having him deal with a real world issue in a fictional world: Post Traumatic Stress disorder. It was entirely refreshing to see him in this type of situation that was believable.

Square Pickle-

Challenge Requirement- 5

Confrontation- 3

Grammar-2

Entertainment-2

Style-2

While you met the challenge, I found the set up to be odd and quite out of character for all of the characters. Zeus is desperate enough to reunleash a monster that dangerous?

Your grammar was also lacking. With the time you guys had for this I expect you to at least read it over. I can understand a couple but you had quite a few.

Score: 2.8

Bigballerju

Challenge Requirement-5

Confrontation-4

Grammar-3

Entertainment-4

Style-3

A good idea. The story was well written and met the challenge nicely. The only thing that detracts from the story is a lot of grammar mistakes. I also hate the play style of writing where the colon represents when a character is talking. Other than that, it was really good.

Score: 3.8

JohnnyChany

Challenge Requirement-5

Confrontation-5

Grammar-4

Entertainment-5

Style-4

Very nice. The whole set up built up the story well and convinced me both characters had switched roles. There were a couple grammar mistakes but none too detrimental to the flow of the story. Good job, once again.

Megarock8

Challenge Requirement-2

Confrontation-1

Grammar-2

Entertainment-1

Style-1

Not much to say here. Brainwashing was mentioned earlier as not recommended for this challenge. Your writing needs work. Keep at it.

Confession FTP

Challenge Requirement-5

Confrontation-4

Grammar-5

Entertainment-5

Style-5

Very Nice. A good read all the way and you met the challenge as far as I can tell.

ScrewAttackFan

Challenge Requirement-3

Confrontation-2

Grammar-4

Entertainment-3

Style-3

To be honest, I was turned off once I read someone's mind was erased. It was too close to mind control for me. Also, Weskers transformation seemed abrupt and the reasoning for it was rather weak. Over all it was Okay.

LoneWolf

Challenge Requirement- 4

Confrontation-4

Grammar-4

Entertainment-5

Style-5

Wow. That was great. While at first I was skeptical of Spiderman giving up his son for Ben, the writing really made up for it. Just awesome. However, I was the judge that wished to ban traditional match ups in the first place which is why you didn't receive a 5. Also, the way you arranged them to meet seemed like a cop out to me. (Or maybe I just wanted to read more?) I saw a couple mistakes but overall it was still quite good.

Hmmm... a certain webmaster still needs to be e-mailed about the results, I see...

Guest Redemption X

What about my submission to the challenge? You know, Karate Kid VS the Fury? The End of Universe Beta? Why isn't it here?

You need to have submitted a link to the match in the May Challenge topic for it to have been officially entered.

http://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26203

You also needed to do so by the May 18 deadline. By the looks of it, you didn't make that match until the 20th.