Norman Nordstrom: 6

Jean Grey vs. Polaris
MATCH SCORE
Jean Grey: 3
Polaris: 0

Match 7733 Dark Predator vs. The Wookiees

Guest callisto

Guest callisto

“…Get up… Boss… Boss... Dammit stay with me!” The light flickered through Delta 38’s cracked visor. The dull hum of static ran through his ears, slowly being replaced by gun fire and the distant shouts of one of his squad. His body was numb and his head throbbed uncontrollably. What had happened? He couldn’t remember a thing. He slowly reached up to his helmet and removed it from his head, allowing the freezing rain to rush over his face. His headache began to fade under the rain’s presence, slowly permitting his other senses to come to life. The stinging rain kept his sight somewhat impaired but he could still make out the illuminating scarlet of blaster fire off in the distance. His sense of smell returned as well, filling 38’s sinuses with the overwhelming scent of smoke. “Boss! Boss! Oh shit that looks bad! Don’t worry, I got you!”38 looked up to see the form of Scorch running towards him. Before he got to him though, another sense returned – pain. Boss unleashed a bloodcurdling screech into the air and looked down to see the source of the smoke. A large black hole was now visible in the center of his chest, the chest plate that use to be there was nowhere to be seen. His flesh was now a black crust and blood seeped out from around the crevices. Scorch knelt beside him with a med kit.“Gah!...What’s the situation delta?”Boss gritted his teeth and his eyes rocked back and forth but he tried his best to keep calm. Scorch looked down on the gaunt face of his commander and frowned beneath his helmet.“Sev is dead, sir. I found him in the clearing a few clicks north. I heard gunfire so I ran back as fast as I could. The new guy was already a goner, spinal cord and head ripped clean off! You were struck in the chest before I could even find the target; some blue plasma thing came flying out of freakin’ nowhere! Once the rain picked up, Fixer and I caught sight of him. He’s huge, Boss! Fixer tagged him a few times and I nicked him with an anti-armor shot. It got him on the run for sure. Fixer went after him and told me to take care of you. So here I am.”The cooling sensation of bacta rushed over Boss as Scorch held the paddles over his charred form. The pain began to fade. Then, a realization came over him – the sound of blasters were gone.“Scorch, get back to Fixer now!”Scorch rose to his feet and suddenly a circular shape whizzed over Boss’s head and warm wet substance landing on his face. Boss turned back to Scorch who stood still in front of him.“Scorch? Are you alright?Delta 62 stroked his hand along his body frantically, then after breathing a sigh of relief, Scorch slowly turned back around and held up his thumb.“Yeah, all's good, Boss.”The delta took one step forward and his upper torso peeled from his frame and thudded to the ground. Delta 38’s eyes widened and he thrust his hand into the moist jungle floor, forcing himself to his feet. He hastily looked for his blaster, only to grab the one still clutched in Scorch’s lifeless fingers. The jungle seemed to roar to life all at once, everything was moving faster than reality to the delta commander. He whirled around in a circle, squinting as the rain pelted his naked eyes. Leaves flew by, animals scurried past his feet, and the fateful thud of 62’s lower half finally collapsing to the floor all caused Delta 38’s heart to race.He began to limp off in a random direction, scouring the hectic jungle for his unseen foe. Then his heart jumped as a hand grabbed hold of his wrist as he rounded a tree.“Boss…”About three feet off the ground, Fixer rested against the tree, pinned there by a metallic staff.“Dropped my gun… sir… almost had him… he’s… fast… sir… so fast…”Boss stared into the blank visor of his brother – a deep sadness overwhelming him as he knew he was fading quickly.“Where is he Delta?”“Heh… sir… he’s right behind you…”The hair on Boss’s arms rose to a point and he slowly turned to face whatever it was that awaited him. A large figure, clad in nothing but mesh and a helmet, looked down upon him. The clone instinctively tried raising his blaster, but he wasn’t fast enough. The alien grabbed a hold of the weapon and ripped it from his grasp, kicking him to his back in the process.Boss grunted in pain and looked up to see the creature lumbering toward him. Fixer’s body hung limp against the tree beside him. Boss scrambled to his feet, unleashing his vibro-knuckler and entering into a fighter’s stance. A metallic sheathing sound filled the air as the beast unleashed his wristblades. Boss’s heart thumped uncontrollably and the pain in his chest began to resurface. This creature was unlike anything he had ever seen; larger than any Trandoshan, faster than any Geonosian, and he made him feel something he never thought he would feel – fear.The commando anxiously awaited his foe to make the first move. It seemed like time slowed as he watched the large creature move forward. Even the rain seemed to slow its descent as the creature swung its right arm and began the battle.The two traded blows: a punch to head, a kick to the torso, and a cut across the chest. Both bled as the rain pounded their bodies. But Boss knew he wouldn’t last much longer. His foe was stronger. His foe was quicker. His foe was smarter. With one last fateful lunge, the creature parried with his left handed blade and severed the clone’s hapless arm with his right. Boss didn’t even yell, he simply crumbled to his knees and slumped his head forward. It all happened so fast. How had this creature overwhelmed them with such ease? Maybe if Sev was there things would have been different. The clone closed his eyes and let the darkness engulf him. His body was burnt, torn, and broken, yet his mind was far worse off. He heard the creature walk behind him and yet he didn’t attempt to move. He died before the monster could swing. The predator lifted the clone’s severed head into the air and his roar of triumph echoed throughout the jungle.The Delta Squad was no more.A week had passed since his battle with the clones. His wounds from the battle had long healed by then and he sat perched on a tree branch scouring Kashyyyk’s landscape. Creatures of all sorts roamed these jungles - their intelligence left something to be desired though. Two factions had caught his attention though. A group of hairy ooman-like creatures battled savagely with their metal advisories. However, a day or two ago, the droids simply… died. Every last one simply dropped to the floor without even a push. Even more intriguing to Dark was that the oomans who fought alongside the hairy ones turned their fire onto their allies as soon as their metal quarry ceased to function. The oomans on this world all seemed the same to Dark and he found hunting them oddly repetitive. The ones who called themselves “Delta Squad” appeared to be their greatest warriors and the few oomans Dark hunted down after them lacked the challenge Dark desperately desired. Perhaps the hairy oomans would pose more of a threat? The sound of battle suddenly reached Dark’s ear and he took off in that direction without delay. As he leapt through the air, from tree to tree, his form became hidden to the naked eye as his cloaking field enveloped his body. “Fall back! There’s too many of them-ACK!”The clone officer’s warning was cut off with a bolt through the neck; his troops, nevertheless, heeded his warning and ran. The Wookiees charged after them firing green energy blasts from their primitive looking bows, dropping a few of the fleeing soldiers.“RAAAAAAAAAAH!!!”The Wookiees roared in victory as they watched their enemies flee. Unbeknownst to them, the real battle for their lives would begin in moments.High above the battlefield, Dark watched with excitement. His helmet zoomed in the harry ooman’s weapons and a list of details scrolled along his visor. They weren’t as primitive as he had thought. They carried crossbows that fired like blasters, some firing up to three shots in a spread fire radios. Their melee combat impressed Dark as well. Dark had watched a single Wookiee take on five clones at once ,with but a blade, and he butchered them all with ease. Suddenly, one of the larger black haired Wookiees turned in his direction and sniffed the air. His eyes went crossed eyed as he attempted to see the three red dots that abruptly appeared on his forehead. “SPLAAAT!”The other Wookiees’ eyes widened in shock as their brethren’s head erupted without warning. A second Wookiee screamed in horror as a net flew through the air and encased his body. His brothers rushed to his aid but could do nothing as the net slowly diced their brother’s carcass into small chunks of flesh.“RAAAAAAAAAAH!!!”The war cry caught the Wookiees off guard. It sounded as if another group of Wookiees were the cause of their brethren’s death. This angered them greatly. With a returned roar, the group of Wookiee warriors raised their bowcasters and charged blindly into the jungle before them. Wookiee or not, their enemy would die for what they had done.

Before we start things off, we need to know exactly what kind of armor and weapons which Dark is using.

Also, we need to know the number of Wookies he's hunting as well.

Other than that, excellent job of posting this, dude!

-Rakai'Thwei

Guest Bloody Freak

Hey there everyone, hope you like it. This takes place after Dark Predator vs The Delta Squad

Dark Predator is armored with the Standard Issue Medium Grade Dlex Armor.

Dark Predator is armed with Dual Wristblades, Dlex Combi-staff, Shoulder Plasma Caster, Shurikens, Ceremonial Dagger, Smart Disc, cloaking device and the Net gun.

There are 20 Wookiees present. Each is equipped with a standard bowcaster and dual Ryyk blades.

The Wookiees do not know where Dark is and at the moment they believe him to be a group of Wookiees do to him mimicking their war cry.

The battle takes place in the jungles of Kashyyyk.

Vote, Rate, Comment.

EDIT: Rakai, you are way too fast. But thanks for the comment! =P

Guest sirmethos
Hey there everyone, hope you like it. This takes place after Dark Predator vs The Delta Squad

Dark Predator is armed with Dual Wristblades, Dlex Combi-staff, Shoulder Plasma Caster, Shurikens, Ceremonial Dagger, Smart Disc, cloaking device and the Net gun.

There are 20 Wookiees present. Each is equipped with a standard bowcaster and dual Ryyk blades.

The Wookiees do not know where Dark is and at the moment they believe him to be a group of Wookiees do to him mimicking their war cry.

Vote, Rate, Comment.

where in Kashyyk does it take place?

ie. on what level, is it near the top where the wookies keep their cities, or on lower levels, closer to the ground ?

Sorry about that!

Alright... according to the statistics you put down, I think that Dark can win this, but it won't be easy.

For one, while Kashyyyk is a jungle terrain as we have seen in Episode III, meaning that there are a lot of trees for him to move around at and given how agile and fast Yautja are, this definitely will serve as an advantage for him, specially since the trees and branches can obscure a the Wookie's line of fire. But this also gives him more angles to shoot from as well.

I'm pretty sure that Wookies can climb and move about the trees as well, but not necessarily as fast or as agile as Dark can. I don't recall Wookies being able to jump twenty to twenty five feet high and some twenty feet across. So in terms of getting around, Dark has that to his advantage.

Another advantage is the fact that he can mimic sounds, seeing as you mentioned the Wookies think he is another of their kind perhaps gone rogue, and in the midst of that confusion, I see him luring them one by one, or two perhaps two alone and isolated into an area and he can take them out. Either with blades or his plasma caster.

However the Wookies have the advantage in knowing the area of the particular jungle... that's one advantage they have. But while these guys are infact a warrior race just like the Yautja, they aren't necessarily trained in the same way as soldiers are, and Dark has already taken out the USCMC in AvP3, and if we count your storyline, he took out the Delta Commandos. The Wookies have dangerous equipment to actually hurt and probably even kill Dark, and they know the area but by the time they realize what's going on, their numbers are going to be few.

In the end, Dark wins.

-Rakai'Thwei

Guest Bloody Freak
where in Kashyyk does it take place?

ie. on what level, is it near the top where the wookies keep their cities, or on lower levels, closer to the ground ?

Well, ground level. They just charged into the forest, a little off shore from the beaches. I don't know the geography so if I'm off on something just tell me.

Vote, Rate, Comment.

Aww...I was the first one to die?

Well, I hate to say it, but I don't think the Wookies are going, to make it, if Dark was able to take out experienced troopers like Delta Squad. Nice match though! Check out my Jason one!

Guest Bloody Freak

Ha, thanks for the comment ND4! And I'm sorry about that, the new guy always dies first. I suppose you could say you were after Sev? And alright, I'll check it out.

Guest sirmethos
Well, ground level. They just charged into the forest, a little off shore from the beaches. I don't know the geography so if I'm off on something just tell me.

in that case, Dark is going to end up getting eaten.

Kashyyk is split up in levels, with the Top level being where their cities are placed and where people generally live(ie. the top of the trees), and the planet gets more and more dangerous the closer you get to the ground.

the Adulthood test for Wookies, is to move down to one of the lower levels, and get some strings from the inside of a huge carnivorous plant, and if my memory is not off, that's not down on the ground level.

and even on the level they go to for Adulthood test, is dangerous enough that only the truly brave among the wookies dare move down there on a semi-regular basis.

on the ground level, the Wookies will either be terrified, in which case Dark takes them down easily, then becomes a crunchy snack for one of the huge ground level predators, or the Wookies are among the Very few brave and skilled enough to move down there, in which case they either take Dark down themselves, or lure him to a place where he becomes a crunchy snack for one of the huge ground level predators.

Guest Bloody Freak
in that case, Dark is going to end up getting eaten.

Kashyyk is split up in levels, with the Top level being where their cities are placed and where people generally live(ie. the top of the trees), and the planet gets more and more dangerous the closer you get to the ground.

the Adulthood test for Wookies, is to move down to one of the lower levels, and get some strings from the inside of a huge carnivorous plant, and if my memory is not off, that's not down on the ground level.

and even on the level they go to for Adulthood test, is dangerous enough that only the truly brave among the wookies dare move down there on a semi-regular basis.

on the ground level, the Wookies will either be terrified, in which case Dark takes them down easily, then becomes a crunchy snack for one of the huge ground level predators, or the Wookies are among the Very few brave and skilled enough to move down there, in which case they either take Dark down themselves, or lure him to a place where he becomes a crunchy snack for one of the huge ground level predators.

Ha, well that throws a monkey-wrench into my match. Well, they aren't too deep at the moment, and I'd say that there are no animals present just to make the match more fun and how it was originally planned.

Your thinking more Kotor ground level, right? That's deeper into the planet, they're closer to where we see the battle in Episode three.

Guest force_echo

How did Dark take out Delta Squad? Thats insane, any one of those commandos can go head to head with dark, together they would destroy him. Anyway, Wookies are fast, have been known to take multiple blaster hits without faltering, at least strong as Dark, and very agile. They are great warriors/hunters, and they know the land. The wookies take this.

Guest Bloody Freak
Great set-up, Bloody Freak. I gave an "it's good." We really need a higher rating for some of these. I think Dark edges this one out. Barely.

Thanks man! Means a lot! =)

Oh and force echo, I apologize if you didn't like the outcome of the previous match. I tried to make it as realistic as possible. Sev, scorch, and fixer all got taken out by trandoshans in one mission if I remember correctly.

How did Dark take out Delta Squad? Thats insane

I really like how you suggest that wasn't supposed to happen, or isn't supposed to happen.

Anyway, Wookies are fast

So are Predators... But I haven't seen the Wookies move as fast as you suggest, of course I'm only going off from the four movies (Episode III to Episode VI). So I might be wrong but, I haven't seen them move as you suggest.

have been known to take multiple blaster hits without faltering, at least strong as Dark, and very agile.

Predators are also durable, perhaps slightly more so than Wookies as they have been known to go toe to toe with the Xenomorphs, other Predators, and if we look at the PREDATORS continuity (which is a separate continuity from the AvP franchise), it took 3 BSPs to hold down a single normal Predator before he was crucified and tied to that totem (in the Blu-Ray features, there is an animation comic which does show this). So for all we know, the Predators might be stronger than the Wookies..

Agile? No. No way the Wookies are as agile as Yautja. Predators can jump three times their own height, and can jump great distances as well. I haven't seen them move like Yautja in the movies they were featured in.

-Rakai'Thwei

Force_Echo... why is it to you so impossible that Dark could take out Delta Squad? It`s certainly plausible to most of us here.

As for the match: Bloody Freak, great setup! I don't know how you have a 3.6... Anyways, I'm thinking that Dark kills a few with his Plasma Caster, tries to go melee, kills a few that way, and utters the famous quote: "Let the Wookie win."

I don't know how you have a 3.6...

1. Haters. They're everywhere.

2. One bad match when your rank 5 and can't buy 'em back yet, can really hurt.

3. Haters........I said that already, but it still applies. If someone doesn't like you or what you're writing about, they'll give you a bad rating every time. I had a streak of 5 4.0's in a row at one point in time, and now I've had 4 matches in a row that haven't gotten above 3.5. This includes the 1 that I painstakingly wrote for the tournament. All you can do is get back on the horse, and try to not fall off.

Guest Bloody Freak

Thanks for the comments you two! And yeah, my last predator match got a 3.1. Everything else was a 4.0, but that's what I get for using the predator. No biggie.

Great setup, Bloody_Freak! It's been too long since I've read one of your setups. As for the fight, the Wookies don't seem to have any real tactics here other than split up, charge into the jungle and kill everything that moves. I'd say Dark can easily confuse them with his vocal transmitter and herd 'em like sheep until he has them where he wants them, then plasma-cast/shuriken/smart disc. He could even use the combi-staff to take a few of them out.

All in all, (Unless by some miracle the Wookies spot him, in which case he'll have a hell of a problem getting away) I'd say Dark wins.

A "Good" from me too.

The Wookies would have the advantage in number and terrain familiarity. I think they also know where Dark is, in terms of general area, not exact destination, because one was turned into Dark direction, and began sniffing the air, which would mean he's detect an unfamiliar scent in the air: An intruder.

Dark Predator has several advantages: He has a knack for overcoming the worse possible odds plus the fact that he's an Elite, which speaks volumes about his skills and experience. He's surely far more experienced and skilled than any member of the Wookie War Band here. As well as the fact that the Wookies know he's there, I'm certain they've yet to detect him though.

To me, it could go both ways. If they manage to find and flank Dark using their numbers, they could kill him using their blasters or if Dark goes stealth and slowly picks one off at a time.

Guest Bloody Freak
Great setup, Bloody_Freak! It's been too long since I've read one of your setups. As for the fight, the Wookies don't seem to have any real tactics here other than split up, charge into the jungle and kill everything that moves. I'd say Dark can easily confuse them with his vocal transmitter and herd 'em like sheep until he has them where he wants them, then plasma-cast/shuriken/smart disc. He could even use the combi-staff to take a few of them out.

All in all, (Unless by some miracle the Wookies spot him, in which case he'll have a hell of a problem getting away) I'd say Dark wins.

A "Good" from me too.

Thanks man! Yeah, been awhile. Reading rakai's stuff gave me the inspiration I needed. And thanks for your opinion on the match! Means a lot!

Reading rakai's stuff gave me the inspiration I needed.

Speaking of my stuff, I'm stuck on where to go after the Xenomorph Queen fight.

I mean I have several ideas in mind, but now it's just a matter of writing the re-cap and where to go on my storyline.

-Rakai'Thwei

Guest Bloody Freak
The Wookies would have the advantage in number and terrain familiarity. I think they also know where Dark is, in terms of general area, not exact destination, because one was turned into Dark direction, and began sniffing the air, which would mean he's detect an unfamiliar scent in the air: An intruder.

Dark Predator has several advantages: He has a knack for overcoming the worse possible odds plus the fact that he's an Elite, which speaks volumes about his skills and experience. He's surely far more experienced and skilled than any member of the Wookie War Band here. As well as the fact that the Wookies know he's there, I'm certain they've yet to detect him though.

To me, it could go both ways. If they manage to find and flank Dark using their numbers, they could kill him using their blasters or if Dark goes stealth and slowly picks one off at a time.

I tried to make it as even as I could. The one Wookiee who smelled dark was the only that did and that is the reason he died, the other provided a distraction for him to relocate himself. At the current time, the Wookiees do believe dark to be a group of other Wookiees, do to the voice transmitter. However, the Wookiees do posses the ability to smell him when close enough. I figured the Wookiees' numbers, furiosity and home field advantage should compensate for Dark's stealth, manipulation, and weaponry and make things interesting. How was the writing by the way? =P