Lilandra Neramani: 2
Agent L: 4

Rumble 20577 Baraka vs. Kollector
MATCH SCORE
Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

Anime and Manga

Guest Magnus

Edit: Also, I may try out Blood: the last Vampire. (The Anime one, because I hate live action films based on anime)

Heh. More often than not, they're terrible. I can't even think of a successful one...

Vandread's OVAs are meh. I started watching the first one, and quit after about 15 minutes. The series was dubbed a long time ago, so I assume the people that did it, couldn't be found? Funi still dubbed the Trigun movie, though... So, they're subbed. The Trigun movie was a new story, though. The Vandread OVAs are just compressed versions of the 2 seasons.

I'm happy with the purchase of the series, though. $23 for a 26 episode series is pretty damn good; plus, it's a series I enjoy. Just not impressed with the new material, that's all.

Guest Shockwave

So I somehow survived my first Con. I went as Luffy which were about 8 others, one guy a drunk, and Wolfwood while my gf went as Boa Hancock and Trigun Kitty

Guess which was more popular....

GAH! Screw you, Funimation! Watched 4 episodes of Spice and Wolf on Youtube, with my Vita, only to find out the rest are subbed. So... I'll either have to spring for the sets (which I hardly ever buy a series that I haven't seen to completion, unless it's dirt cheap), or watch the rest subbed. <_<

Marvel Log: D-Gray Man Anime

Been watching D-Gray man for a while now. Makes me feel like Netflix isn't a waste of ten bucks every month. Sadly, I'm on episode 37, but I could just as well be on episode two. The story hasn't progressed at all. I loved the whole "New Adventure Every Week" idea... I loved it on Fullmetal Alchemist. But here.

Here there is no hope.

In the post apocalyptic world of D-Gray Man, the episode all seem the same. I can only recall about two or three interesting characters so far (all who die/end in their mini story). The main story about the Millenium Earl is haunting me. I think that it's there, but other than a catchy song from an evil girl, 37 episodes have done nothing to move it.

It feels like I've been surviving on bread and water for weeks now. I crave meat. This anime is starting to hurt my brain. I'm only still watching because I've come this far. I want to see it to the end....

This is Marvel Man, signing off...

I feel for ya, Marv. I'm the same way. No matter how horrible something is, once you get to a certain point, you can't just stop. Even if, once the book is read, you close it to never open it again; even if you take out the DVD to never put it back in the player; even if you change the channel to never turn it back, on that day, at that time again, you still want to know how the story ends.

Guest God-Speed_88

Just finished Metropolis, Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence and Polar Bear cafe, all of which I loved.

Currently watching Durarara and GitS 2nd Gig, both of which look very promising.

After that, I'm going to watch Lupin the Third and GitS Sold State Society.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Oh, God. Durarara. *Shudders*

I just finished Spice and Wolf's first season. Really enjoyed it. Funi got perfect actors for the two stars.

DamagEdit: The opening them is beautiful, even though, I have no idea what they're saying. Guess that's what the subtitles are for.

Durarara goes nowhere. It's 26 episodes of build-up with no pay-off.

Polar Bear Cafe isn't over. It's gonna be at least 26 episodes long, possibly longer.

Guest God-Speed_88

Thanks for the advice with Durarara, but I think I'm still going to see it out.

That makes a lot of sense with Polar Bear Cafe >< I only have 12 episodes. Can't wait for the rest of the season now.

Also, I might check out Spice and Wolf later on, thanks DamagingRob.

Anyone else excited for the new Evangelion film? I've really enjoyed the Rebirth series thus far.

No prob. Although, you should thank me after you watch it. If you hate it, you won't be wanting to thank me then. :P I'm hoping Season 2 is just as good.

I haven't seen any of the Evangelion films yet... I keep forgetting about those...

Guest God-Speed_88

Durarara was pretty excellent for about 10 eps, then just decayed into a poorly underdeveloped array of characters all coming together in a car crash of a story. Deffo not a patch on Baccano!

I'm sorry but Spice and Wolf didn't really grab me either, I see why people would like it, but I just didn't feel compelled enough to carry it on.

Has anyone seen Soul Eater? It has an overwhelming amount of positive reviews online, though that isn't always a nod in the right direction. I have a fear it maybe too generic and childish :/

Also, I found the two Ghost in the Shell OVA's to better than the actually series. I didn't feel the fillers in the series added anything significant enough. Hopefully Solid State Society will be excellent.

Update: D Gray Man picks up at around episode 39. Looks like a completely different writer wrote these episodes. Still, no series should make you watch 38 episodes of awfulness.

Well... Season 2 of Spice and Wolf was okay. I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the first. On top of that, I'm left hanging. Again. Could someone recommend an anime series that actually ends? Soooo getting sick of this shite. <_<