X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Coalition Of Mankind

Guest MarvelFan15

Guest ricrery

The chip was given to his brother, on accident. In RotS, we see the B2 Battledroids see R2-D2 as a "stupid little astro droid", and this is far better emotions than Data.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chip was given to his brother, on accident. In RotS, we see the B2 Battledroids see R2-D2 as a "stupid little astro droid", and this is far better emotions than Data.

True, but where Data could fit into society with his emotions, Droids can't. They have a tendency to run Rampant apparently, and you know the whole "Meat Bag" comments don't go over too well with organics...

Guest ricrery

Droids in SW are also more competent, they'd tear ST droids/drones apart. You make Data sound strong even though he has only thrown humans around, while Worf was losing to Locutus, Wookies are obviously stronger than DS9 Klingons that lose to normal humans in close quarters combat.

Ok, I would like to make a List of what each faction brings to the Table.

Assuming that I am right about how the IOM would absorb the lesser/friendlier factions, and that the GE/Sith and the IOMadv keep each other at arms length to try and maintain a balance of power.

Imperium of Man

STC's

Space Marines

High Powered Plasma Weapons

Melta Weapons

Adamanium Armour

Ceramite Armour

electrically-motivated fibre bundles, as seen in all Power Armour

Black Carapace Bio-Tech

Lance Weaponry

Psykers

Warp drive

Titans

Void Shields

Warp Teleportation

The Emperor

Republic

Duplicators

Hyperdrive

Droids

Hypermatter

Turbolasers

Republic Ship Yards

Jedi

Mace Windu

Light Sabers

Planetary Shields

High Powered Deflector Shields

Spaarti Cloning

Kamino Cloning

UNSC/Insurrectionists

NOVA Bomb

MAC Cannon

Advanced AI

Slipspace Drive

Power Armour

Bubble Shields

Cryonics

Bio-Foam

Advanced Stealth Shields

Ex-Admiral Preston Cole

Captian Jacob Keyes

Catherine Halsey

Infantry Portable Anti-Material Rail Guns

Infantry Portable 30MT Nuke

VISR

Flash Cloning

Federation

Phasers

Cloaking Tech, they would no longer be bound by the Treaty of Algeron and free to use Cloaks

Warp Drive

Advanced Medical Techniques and Equipment

Augments

Advanced Androids

Transporters

Replicators

Holodecks

Sensors that can apparently see 0.793 lightyears all around in real time

Weyland-Yutani Corp

I have no idea...

Terran Federation

High Powered / High Mobility Power Armour

Galactic Empire

Pretty much everything the Republic has.

Quantum-Crystalline Armour

Resonance Torpedoes

Super Lasers

Gravity Well Projectors

World Devastators

Darth Vader

Emperor Palpatine

The Emperor's Hand

... I'm sure Ruinus can help with this list, I know I've left stuff out, but this is alot already...

Rebel Alliance

Luke Skywalker

Han Solo

Wedge Antilles

Please feel free to comment on any additional Resources that I've forgotten.

Hmm, I just thought of something...

Unless the Human side is getting over powerful

Guest MarvelFan15

If anyone was interested, I'd like to add Alan Dean Foster's Humans from his short story "With Friends like these..." Technically, they're the Terran equivalent of Necrons. They can levitate/possibly fly, have advanced Psionic powers, turned Earth into a FTL spaceship, and can atomize a kilometer long warship with a gun the size of a small branch....A gun wielded by a small kid under 10.

Is that giving the Humans too big of an advantage?

If anyone was interested, I'd like to add Alan Dean Foster's Humans from his short story "With Friends like these..." Technically, they're the Terran equivalent of Necrons. They can levitate/possibly fly, have advanced Psionic powers, turned Earth into a FTL spaceship, can atomize a kilometer long warship with a gun the size of a small branch....A gun wielded by a small kid under 10.

Is that giving the Humans too big of an advantage?

Perhaps, unless you want to add the Xeelee and Photino birds to the aliens...

Maybe the Orks?

Guest MarvelFan15
Perhaps, unless you want to add the Xeelee and Photino birds to the aliens...

Maybe the Orks?

Aren't the Xeelee and Photinos bordering on Phhysical Gods?

As for the Orks...Done.

Aren't the Xeelee and Photinos bordering on Phhysical Gods?

Very, very close. But they really shouldn't be added.

Guest MarvelFan15
Very, very close. But they really shouldn't be added.

Perhaps leaving them out wouldn't be such a bad idea?

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't see the last part.

Yes. Considering the Xenos are in cold water right now. Give them the Culture and deal.

The Culture generally consider themselves "Human"

Their closest equivalent would be the Federation... if it was allowed to evolve naturally for a couple millenia with Logic and Technology, and not zany script writers...

"Techniques in genetics have advanced in the Culture to the point where bodies can be freed from built-in limitations. Citizens of the Culture refer to a 'normal' human as 'human-basic' and the vast majority opt for significant enhancements"

Maybe we should add the Culture as Xemon as the ultimate power that each group has to beat.

Xemon, who?

Orks? orks? now its a fight. How many orks are we adding out of curiosity. Unfortunatley their tech doesn't combine well with other races, because technically most of it shouldn't work. The way the majority of ork tek works is a mek throws a bunch of junk together, and if enough of the orks believe it should work, it does. to quote the codex "Many a tech marine has opened up a shoota only to find it is a metal box with bits of metal in it". the problem with this is while all of the other races are combining tech (or themselves in case of the flood/tyranids/aliens) the orks would have no way o collaborate with their team. also, its very possible the orks would simply ignore the beyonder's warning and fight with everyone anyways. The concept of being punished for fighting is just not one they can wrap their heads around

Guest MarvelFan15
Orks? orks? now its a fight. How many orks are we adding out of curiosity. Unfortunatley their tech doesn't combine well with other races, because technically most of it shouldn't work. The way the majority of ork tek works is a mek throws a bunch of junk together, and if enough of the orks believe it should work, it does. to quote the codex "Many a tech marine has opened up a shoota only to find it is a metal box with bits of metal in it". the problem with this is while all of the other races are combining tech (or themselves in case of the flood/tyranids/aliens) the orks would have no way o collaborate with their team. also, its very possible the orks would simply ignore the beyonder's warning and fight with everyone anyways. The concept of being punished for fighting is just not one they can wrap their heads around

Having realized how powerful Orks could be if their entire race went to war...How many Orks would you have placed here, in order to make it even?

Guest Ruinus
His information gathering capacity also seems to be faster than a Droids, as the esteemed R2-D2 took several seconds to bring up the Death Star schematic and find the tractor beam controls, and a further couple of seconds to find Leia. I believe that I have seen Data read several small font pages of text per second, with full comprehension of all the material in them.

Reading pages and accessing the blueprints for a 160 km wide ship and accessings some basic functions within the ship are entirely different things.

Droids in Star Wars are limited, for the most part, in that people in that Universe don't build droids like Data, they don't build droids to "do everything all the time and be really good at everything" they build tools, droids that can do one thing and only one thing. And even then, they actively go about limiting their droid by wiping their memories which give them emotions/sapience/etc, by placing built in limiters on them, by treating them as tools rather than people.

Edit: Actually here

"Data was built with an ultimate storage capacity of eight hundred quadrillion bits (one hundred petabytes, approximately fifty times the identifiable storage capacity of the Human brain) and a total linear computational speed rated at sixty trillion operations per second."

MedStar II page 183:

"There was a slight but unmistakeable hint of snobbery in I-Five's voce as he answered. "I have a SyntheTech AA-One nanoprocessor, operating at seven petahertz, with a five-exabyte capacity. I wrote the program just after I mentioned it to you. It took me six-point-one nanoseconds to encode the basic algorithm and calculate its functional parameters."

I-5YQ is a normal droid, with his "creative dampers" turned off.

Hmm, this from the same series that said this about Clone Trooper armour... Armour that was supposed to have more protection in Combat than Stormtrooper armour...

"I don't know why they bother putting armor on em." "Got that right", Zan said, "Stuff won't stop anything stronger than a kids pellet gun"

When you have a million different monkeys authors writing for one universe, strange Facts get added. It's very easily to just pick and chooses what we like out of said "Strange" books (kinda like dealing with a bruised fruit) but how far does it go?

C3PO supposedly has the same brain, but he didn't seem to smart. In fact IIRC it took him a couple seconds (Not Nano Seconds) to go from "I see a Stormtrooper" to "I have to warn the others" just before being blasted on Cloud City.

So does this mean that C3PO has disproved that highly exaggerated statement?

Guest Ruinus
Hmm, this from the same series that said this about Clone Trooper armour... Armour that was supposed to have more protection in Combat than Stormtrooper armour...

"I don't know why they bother putting armor on em." "Got that right", Zan said, "Stuff won't stop anything stronger than a kids pellet gun"

Except that that is disproven wrong by several other sources which state that stormtrooper armor can withstand bullets that are not AP, and can deflect glancing blows. One man saying "Oh this armor is crap" doesn't change that.

C3PO supposedly has the same brain, but he didn't seem to smart. In fact IIRC it took him a couple seconds (Not Nano Seconds) to go from "I see a Stormtrooper" to "I have to warn the others" just before being blasted on Cloud City.

Where does it say they have the same brain?

Why would a droid assembled by a kid on a backwater planet be up to the same specs as a droid built by a galactic company?

EDIT: In fact, C-3P0 has a AA-1 VerboBrain, while the I-5s have the SyntheTech AA-One nanoprocessor. The AA-1 thing seems to be the same thing, but they may not.

So does this mean that C3PO has disproved that highly exaggerated statement?

It's too exact to be exaggerated. It's a droid flat out stating his computer specs. BTW: Their amazing storage and processing power doesn't require they act and move at super speeds, the same could be same for Data. He still talks, moves and acts at the same speeds of humans.

Guest Ruinus

Also:

Star Wars Novel References

X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble page 237:

"Each night clean new memory cores are placed in the computers and trillions of exabytes of transactions are transferred to the new cores."

Also: navi computers. Capable of plotting courses anywhere in the galaxy, while having to factor in real time navigation hazards. Smaller ones can be fitted into droids with 15 different desitnations (which I assume are present by the user) and some are handheld.