Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Coalition Of Mankind

Guest MarvelFan15

what, no orks? they find offense at leaving them out of such a huge fight. that said, since I know way more about the alien then the humans, I'll say how I think that will go

Tau: give these guys some credit, even they're most basic troopers use plasma based weaponry. and also, when you bring the tau in, I'm assuming you get their other allies as well, the kroot and the vespids (although in this tech heavy war they wouldnt make that much of a difference) the tau also have powerful stealth tech, and could loan it to other races. can you imagine not being able to see a bunch of necrons even as they were firing into you until they got way to close for you to stand a chance anyway? they also have the railguns, which are basically small MAC guns that go on tanks and larger battlesuits. oh yeah they're battlesuits (mechs) are also fairly high level tech, and would be greatly beneficial to the xenos if the CIS got to study them

Eldar: honestly don't know diddily squat about these guys expect the basics

Covenant: lags behind in weaponry, plasma swords are an exception and most non-organic races (nids, flood, etc) would benefit from this tech. their stealth tech could also benefit the whole group, especially if they and the tau worked together

Necrons: the ownageness of these guys has already been explained, and the big technopath would make the kroot and vespids soooo much more useful since they rely on tech basically not at all

Flood tyranid aliens: best case scenario for the xenos (at least for as long as its humies v xenos) is these guys form a super race of biological badassery. I dont even want to think about what kind of monstrosity you'd get when you combined even the lower level nids with flood augmentation, let alone the bigger guys. ditto with the aliens

CIS: their big droids would benefit greatly from a alliance with the tau (and maybe the eldar, but again, don't know much about them), again with both their stealth and railguns. smaller ones might benefit from the tau's plasma induction tech, not sure how a SW blaster compares to them

Yajuta: I know enough about these guys to think I could comment on them but not enough for my comments to mean anything, so I'll refrain

out of curiosity, the beyonder said no supers, right? does that include psykers and force users? are any aliens not allowed because they're too "super"?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ruinus
1) Biggest shipyard I've ever seen in SW is Kuat drive yards, and it was only a thin Ring around a planet.

Kuat Drive Yards:

"The actual Kuat Drive Yards were a collection of various facilities throughout the Kuat System. The primary shipyards made up a nearly solid ring, called the Orbital Array, that surrounded the planet Kuat itself."

"A massive belt of stations, docks, and repair facilities orbited at the fringe of the Kuat system itself, making up the bulk of KDY's construction capabilities."

Of course note that KDY is the biggest of all the companies and owns several subsidaries all across the galaxy, but the other two big companies, Fondor Shipyards and Corellian Engineering Corporation have the second largest shipyards in the galaxy.

2) What's better, pulling Infinite material from a star? Or having it shipped in from planetary strip mines across the sector? One is on hand and doesn't ruin planets, the other takes time and bureaucracy to get the material anywhere...

And while the Star Forge is assumbling, what, 1 or 2 ships, the shipyards across the galaxy are building several thousand or million.

Guest Ruinus
Source? I have never heard of such shielding in the SWverse. I've never read anything about it.

Deflector shields/screens:

"Deflector shields worked in a layered defense fashion: A volumetric field effect extended out from the surface of the shield projector, attempting to reduce the coherency of any beam attacks and deflect physical objects."

If a shield in a certain section is brought down, the shield generators (or whoever is in command) can choose to move over some of the shielding panels from nearby to cover that area, at the expense of weakening the areas were the shields were brought in from.

This is why in the movies they say stuff like "Shields to double front" and such. They are saying that they are moving some of the shield layers from areas that are not expecting fire to areas that are expecting fire.

Small ships, like starfighers, don't always have this, however. For instance, the Naboo Starfighters look like they simply have one entire hull hugging shield. Although it could be that the individual screens/shields themselves are hull hugging, and change shape as they move along the ship.

Guest Ruinus
Even then the DS1 took decades to complete,

From the IoM vs GE thread: because I don't want to type this twice.

First Death Star construction.

"The project was dragged out over a nineteen year time period as labor union disputes along with the supply and design problems slowed the construction. Efforts were not helped by repeated "albeit usually unsuccessful"sabotage efforts. Actual effective work on the station took less than two years, and involved resources from every corner of the Empire being funneled to complete the project"

It wasn't a problem of not having enough people to build it, as you claim, but simply because the workers wanted more overtime, health benefits and coffee breaks! Also many people had to come in an revise the plans, as the article goes on to state:

"Of particular concern was the technology required to create the massive superlaser, the very heart of the weapon. To this end, Tarkin brought together some of the most brilliant minds of the galaxy (including Tol Sivron, Qwi Xux, and Bevel Lemelisk) and build a proof-of-concept model at Maw Installation. This model would eventually become known as the Death Star prototype."

So not only did they have to review the entire design, they had to build an entirely seperate one (although a stripped down version) as a proof of concept.

Also, read the second bolded part, actual work took only 2 years.

As for the Death Star II:

"Unlike the Empire's first Death Star, which, as a result of supply and design problems, took nineteen years to be considered an operational battlestation, this much larger Death Star took far less time, approximately two to four years, to construct. Methods of faster construction had been developed in the years since the original station's conception, added to the fact that Imperial engineers made sure to allocate enough space on the station for the maximum possible amount of self-replicating construction droids."

You should note that the Death Star II was much larger than the first at 900 km.

and only because they already had the workforce in place did the DS2 take only 3 years to complete... or at least get the super weapon running... Really it had practically no TLs, it had No shields, and a large chunk of it was missing.

The Death Star II was purposely left unfinished. This was a crucial part of Palpatine's plan, as it requried the Rebellion to think it was unfinished and vulnerable to attack. Except that it wasn't.

With Wide Spread use of Industrial Replicators and a Droid workforce, with material gleaned from a Star, I would say a Deathstar could be produced in under a Year.

Since the actual effective work on the Death Star I took less than 2 years and work on the Death Star II took 2 to 4 years, and since both projects were beind done in secret with funding funneled from other areas, it seems quite reasonable to me that the GE could build Death Stars left and right in 1 year if they put their a larger portion of their funding and manpower into it.

Guest Ruinus
I'm surprised if Fed technology could replicate SW technology because its space weapons are millions to trillions of times stronger than what the Federation ships do.

They probably couldn't anyways, since replicators can't create some of the odder forms of matter, such as neutronium, which is found in almost everything in Star Wars and in WH40K stuff.

Frankly, except for some very useful technologies, I don't see the Federation, the UNSC, or Weyland Yutani contributing anything to this war that the GE/GR/IoM can't already do a million times better.

If it hasn't already been said. I'd add Terran Federation (Starship Troopers). Also, I'd use Marvel's Grandmaster rather than Beyonder. But that's neither here nor there.

Seeing as how the Flood and Necrons are in this...I might add one of the Gundam groups or Neon Genesis Evangelion for the humans.

aaaand seeing as how we have big A mechs everywhere, I'd add the Transformers universe (Alien side) in the mix. Too much??? Unicron??? Too much now?

Anyway, this would make a very very epic story on CBUB. If I were as interested in half of this stuff as you guys, I'd write it.

Guest MarvelFan15
If it hasn't already been said. I'd add Terran Federation (Starship Troopers). Also, I'd use Marvel's Grandmaster rather than Beyonder. But that's neither here nor there.

Seeing as how the Flood and Necrons are in this...I might add one of the Gundam groups or Neon Genesis Evangelion for the humans.

aaaand seeing as how we have big A mechs everywhere, I'd add the Transformers universe (Alien side) in the mix. Too much??? Unicron??? Too much now?

Anyway, this would make a very very epic story on CBUB. If I were as interested in half of this stuff as you guys, I'd write it.

I'd thought about the Terran Federation (a little bit too late), but I wasn't completely sure how big and powerful they were. The only thing I was certain they had was Power Amor, and Planet-Destroying Nova bombs...Still, I'll add it to the list.

Also, Gundam? Neon Genisis Evangelion? Which do you prefer I add to the list? Is there a specific Gundam group you'd like to see added? Sorry. I'm very ignorant where sci-fi anime is concerned.

And, finally, about the subject of bringing this battle to life...I'd like to write it. I really, really, really, really, really would. I'm just...too...lazy. :)

Guest MarvelFan15
out of curiosity, the beyonder said no supers, right? does that include psykers and force users? are any aliens not allowed because they're too "super"?

Phykers are allowed. Plus, the Beyonder has calmed the Warp, meaning no negative Warp Weggies whenever the Phykers get too excited.

Also...I kinda didn't want to add the Orks. If I added their whole race, it might make things kinda one-sidded, seing all the stuff they can do...

Guest MarvelFan15
Frankly, except for some very useful technologies, I don't see the Federation, the UNSC, or Weyland Yutani contributing anything to this war that the GE/GR/IoM can't already do a million times better.

Millions more meat-shields for the Space Marines...

Guest MarvelFan15
What about the already trillions of cannon fodder running around? What do they do?

Resume their cannon fodder duties...

Guest DataSnake

Ruinus: arguing that the feds can't replicate SW "neutronium" just because they can't replicate their universe's "neutronium" would be like me arguing that IoM ships are indestructible because they use "adamantium". It's the same name, but a completely different thing.

Ruinus: arguing that the feds can't replicate SW "neutronium" just because they can't replicate their universe's "neutronium" would be like me arguing that IoM ships are indestructible because they use "adamantium". It's the same name, but a completely different thing.

I actually have a theory that 40K adamantium isn't actually a metal like it's Marvel counterpart. They've never referred to it as a Metal, only as a material. So I think it could be some sort of superdense Carbon structure, like a Diamond, though something that they can manufacture. Most roots for the word Adamant relate it to stones, particularly Sapphire, Emery, and Diamonds.

Guest Ruinus

Except in WH40K you can clearly see ships blow up even with their adamantium hulls, so anyone could easily "What the hell does Marvel have to do with this?" In both ST and SW neutronum (while maybe not being the exact same thing) are both exotic materials. In ST they can't replicate exotic materials (they can't for instance, replicate their own fuel sources), so if they can't replicate some materials from their own universe, why would they be able to replicate everything from anyone else's universe?

Guest ricrery

Not only that, in "Best of Both Worlds" most of the fleet protecting Earth was destroyed by one Borg Cube, why didn't they replicate that?

Guest Ruinus
Not only that, in "Best of Both Worlds" most of the fleet protecting Earth was destroyed by one Borg Cube, why didn't they replicate that?

Exactly. They can't even replicate their own technology as much as they want, so why would they be able to do so for a completely different civilization's technology?

I believe that two things are involved here.

1) Energy requirements. The reason they can't replicate their fuel sources is because it would probably take the same amount of fuel to make more fuel. Net gain = 0

2) PIS. Yes, they suffer from it alot. Really the way it works is that it rearranges matter at the subatomic level into whatever you want. This should have No Limit on what type of material you can create. The only restriction would be the Energy Requirements, as noted in point #1.

Guest Ruinus

Latinum cannot be replicated, so there are clearly some objects they cannot replicate themselves, although it could be an energy problem too.

Either way, it's all the same. They can't do it for their own materials, why suddenly for materials from another universe?

Latinum cannot be replicated, so there are clearly some objects they cannot replicate themselves, although it could be an energy problem too.

Either way, it's all the same. They can't do it for their own materials, why suddenly for materials from another universe?

Ha, got it!

"...It is impossible to replicate objects with complicated quantum structures, such as living beings, dilithium, gold, or latinum. (However, in the TNG episode "Allegiance", aliens used their version of replicators to create a Picard imposter.) Additionally, read/write errors cause a number of single-bit errors to occur in replicated materials. Though usually undetectable to human senses, computer scanning can be used to reveal these discrepancies, and they may explain the frequent complaint (by some gourmets and connoisseurs) that replicated food and beverages suffer from substandard taste. These errors also may cause a nontoxic material to become toxic when replicated, or create strains of deadly viruses and bacteria from previously harmless ones."

So there are problems with it, yes. But as they have been shown to be able to overcome some of their limitations, I'm sure that eventually and with the Superior intellect of the Emperor of Mankind...

(The guy created his own Webway Gate and linked it to the Eldars... He also made his Primarchs out of Warp energy and his own cells... he created the Space Marines in a very Macgyver fashion in the dark age of Tech... etc. etc. etc)

... he should be able to easily fix these little short falls. I can see him working in a lab along side a thousand UNSC Smart AIs, all dedicated to the task of Improving and Augmenting the Coalitions technology.

Also, their androids are crappier than SW droids.

Wait, Data is a perfect Android, and far better than any SW droid.

And that's another technology that I'm sure the Emperor would look into...

Guest ricrery

More like any android in SW > Data. He fails to feel emotion, he fails to comprehend the simplest of things like in Data's Day

Droids in SW actually show emotion and even sentience. Star Wars is tens of thousands of years more advanced than the Feds.

More like any android in SW > Data. He fails to feel emotion, he fails to comprehend the simplest of things like in Data's Day

Droids in SW actually show emotion and even sentience. Star Wars is tens of thousands of years more advanced than the Feds.

Emotion in droids is rare and usually the result of a heuristic glitch which can lead to very bad things. Or they have to be hardwired into the Droid at the factory.

Data has had to learn emotions through the coarse of his development, and of coarse he has the Emotion Chip.

The fact remains though that as stated the Heuristic Processor only allows a Droid to "reason through several potential solutions to tasks and formulate the best approach"

I believe that Data can do hundreds of Calculations on a multitude of different tasks all at the same time.

His information gathering capacity also seems to be faster than a Droids, as the esteemed R2-D2 took several seconds to bring up the Death Star schematic and find the tractor beam controls, and a further couple of seconds to find Leia. I believe that I have seen Data read several small font pages of text per second, with full comprehension of all the material in them.

Lastly he's far stronger than any organic, and could probably fight a Wookiee off if it tried to pull his arms out.

Edit: Actually here

"Data was built with an ultimate storage capacity of eight hundred quadrillion bits (one hundred petabytes, approximately fifty times the identifiable storage capacity of the Human brain) and a total linear computational speed rated at sixty trillion operations per second."