Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 19562 Tremor vs. Ty Lee

Gizmo Hibiki

Ty Lee would be laying at the beach, being very much worshiped by many of the male goers. After hunting down the Avatar and his friends, Azula thought it would be wise to rest, but did not expect to see such a place bumbling with so many civilians. Thankfully none of them minded that Azula, Zuko, Ty Lee, or even a few guards for that matter, stopped by to hang out at the beach, as they all saw them as just another bunch of tourists, but not in such a bad way. They thankfully left them alone and minded their own business'.

Well, with the exception of Ty Lee, who was still being worshiped, as they saw her as the prettiest and cutest girl that had arrived. Maybe they felt the murderous intent in Azula, who knows why none of them decided to come forward to her. Maybe it’s the glare she gave.

Azula would walk up to the worshiped Ty Lee with a glare in her eyes, but it wasn’t because of the boys. “Ty Lee, I think it’s best we pack up and start moving.” She looked around again, not moving from her position. “Something about this place feels off. Like we are being watched.”

Ty Lee giggled, as the boys would continue to worship her: Her feet were getting massaged, someone fanned her with a giant leaf from a nearby tree, and another would be holding her drink out in case she was ever getting parched. “Oh come on, this place is great!” She looked up at Azula with no worries, the wind hitting her face and making her hair flow with it. “Friendly people, great drinks and food! I even heard there’s gonna be a party in a few hours!”

Azula growled. “They can grovel at my feet if they knew or even cared about who I am!” She stomped her foot in the sand, only to heat it up and make the boys shiver in fear, running away from her.

Ty Lee pouted. “Awwww, you made them run away!” She sighed and laid back on the sand, still looking up at Azula. “Look, maybe you just haven’t gotten used to how things went muddy the last time we took a break. It’s not the end of the world.” She picked up the drink left behind by the boys and took a sip before continuing. “Besides, who would dare come after us? We’re from the most powerful nation in all the lands!”

Azula felt reassured, but still. She could only sigh and lay on the sand with Ty Lee. “Maybe you’re right, maybe not.” She then gave a sinister grin as the guards around them were also wearing beach shorts, trying to relax just like Azula.

Azula then spoke once again. “I do agree with you on one thing: Nobody would dare come and challenge me.”

Lesser words couldn’t have been spoken.

After a few hours, a young man with a large tattoo of a black dragon walked up to the two. Ty Lee was excited. “Hey there, you told me about the party!”

The young man nodded, smiling as he parted his long, blonde hair. “Yup! And good news! The party has just arrived!” He chuckled, pointing at the both of them. “For you!”

The two had become confused at what he said, turning around once they heard shouts of fear. The beach goers would run away as a few ninjas in what seem to be black ninja attire were attacking the Fire Nation guards, putting up a fight and almost seeming to be equal in skill.

It was then a couple of figures emerged, calmly walking towards Ty Lee and Azula.

One seemed to be wearing a metal plate over his eye, glowing red. He had a very hairy chest and wore combat boots and khaki pants. He also seemed to be wearing a cocky grin over his face.

The other one by his side had brown ninja attire with a hood over his head. He seemed to be wearing some sort of smoke mask over his face, only leaving his bright, orange eyes visible. He also seemed to have his hands, arms and chest covered in stone, but they didn’t look normal.

The man with the metal plate then spoke in an Australian accent. “Thank ya, Kobra. I was wondering when I’d get a crack at the Princess.”

The blonde man nodded, chuckling. “It was easy enough, Kano. All I had to do was---” He was about to say something else, but then a Fire Nation guard attacked him, leaving the four with eachother in the middle of the battlefield.

The man with the metal plate on his eye now known as Kano took out a large bowie knife, spitting at the ground. This disgusted Azula and made her speak in her authoritarian tone. “You dare attacked me!? Princess Azula of the Fire Nation!?”

“Oh yeah, I dare.” He retorted, spinning his knife in his hand and flawlessly slidding it back in his sheath. “Someone from the Fire Nation is really pissed off about you making the place look bad, love. Paid us a pretty penny to kill ya’ and your comrades.”

Azula raised an eyebrow as to who might want her dead. Then it hit her. Those rumors, those glares, the laughs. “Father...”

“Bingo.” He playfully praised. “He sees you as a hindrance now and wants you gone from his life. Not even finding the Avatar can save you now, seeing as how he called you a disgrace.” His eye glowed. “ I had it my way, I’d have sold you off to the highest bidder.” He shot out a beam from his eye and Azula easily dodged it. He charged at Kano, delivering a fire coated punch towards his face, connecting and making him wobble in a temporary daze. “Alright then. You wanna make this fun?” He cracked his knuckles, getting into a fighting stance. “Let’s make this fun!”

As the two started fighting, Ty Lee was about to interfere only for the rock covered man to step in her way and speak. “I cannot let you interfere with Kano and his bounty.” He said in a muffled, but still loud tone.

Ty Lee glared at the man and got into her own fighting stance, ready for kombat. “Get out of my way, or I’ll make you get out of my way.”

That warning didn’t intimidate him in the slightest, but he knew better than to underestimate his opponent. He raised his both his hands, rock and stone started popping up from his skin and cover his hands and arms, acting like armor. “I will not let you stand in the way of Kano and his bounty.” He repeated.

Ty Lee growled, stiffening her stance. She saw him as just another Earth Bender, but this was different. Would her techniques even work on him? Can he defeat someone like this, who can outright summon stone from his skin without movement?

Well, all she can do is try.

Tremor should have this. They are around the same skill ceiling, Ty Lee should be marginally faster and more agile, but Tremors abilities more than make up for it. Seeing as how Ty Lee doesn't really specialize in anything fire-bending related, or, well, doesn't know firebending at all, she will be dealt with sooner or later.

Hello.

Not bad.  Writing is decent but does have a few typos and grammatical errors.  I like that there is more descriptions and dialogue between the characters, some write ups don't have that much so its good.  More descriptions would be better though, as the description present is cursory and lacking in depth in places.  The reason/cause of the battle makes sense and is logical. One of the characters in the actual match up, Ty lee, is given a lot of screen time and focus.  However, it is a debut character challenge and Tremor is the debut character-as well as the other half of the match up.  All he does is say two lines and get in Ty lee's way.  Kano and Azula have more presence than him.  I feel like he should have had much more presence and screen time.  Lastly, I can assume Tremor is meant to be like an earth bender and I know what Ty lee can do as I watched the show, but if you don't know the characters there's nothing here to give me a starting point for who might win.

Overall it's decent but a little flat.  It just needs a nudge to have more depth, and another nudge for the debut character and second half of the match to actually be in it more.

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 1:16 AM, JohnnyChany said:

Need to get around to watching Avatar that everyone raves about.

Check it out now! You don’t know what your missing out on!

Btw I’m gonna go against the grain and back my girl Ty Lee. Tremor is a slow thug who’s never canonically won a fight against anyone noteworthy. Ty Lee’s speed, nimbleness and experience with fighting Earth based opponents will let her run circles around him until she finds her opening to chi block him. 

I know some people are saying his armor will protect him but come on it didn’t protect him against opponents like Johnny Cage and Sonya, neither of whom have any feats that suggest their physically stronger then Ty Lee.

Good entry, Gizmo. This has the feel of The Beach, Part 2. :D Now, we'll have to get a follow-up for this featuring Kano and Azula. Good luck putting the princess on the market, K-Man. 

Anyways, as for the match, I, too, think Tremor should probably win this. I'm not sure Ty Lee could do a chi block strike through Tremor's rocky armor, especially since she jammed her fingers running them into Sokka's forehead once. Tremor may also have a hard time landing a blow on Ty Lee, but once he does, it's probably pretty much a wrap. 

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.40 - DSkillz
4.00 - Macklemore
3.80 - MistressOfWords
4.30 - Pizzaguy2995
4.50 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
21.00 Total Combined Score
21.00 / 5 = 4.20 Final Rating on the match