Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

Match 19556 Okoye vs. Black Noir

Pizzaguy2995

Okoye vs Black Noir

The following is a paid for commercial courtesy of Vought International.

“Hi everyone! Homelander here and have I got news for you! Today Vought International lives up to it’s name by launching a new campaign to assign American heroes to foreign countries that desperately need some good old fashion American Justice! These last few months our military, supported by some of Vought’s finest, have been busy killing terrorist scum and spreading democracy all across East Africa, freeing the common people from their oppressors but creating power vacuums that could lead to even worst people taking over. That’s where our loyal heroes come in! Cause who better to teach these poor, uneducated souls how to behave like true Americans than the best our countries got? Just ask our man on the ground, The Deep!”

“Hi thank you Homelander! Us Heroes and our military buds have just freed the poor citizens of Azania from the clutches of a wicked dictatorship and the people here couldn’t be more happy that we arrived when we did. Let’s talk to one of these grateful citizens now in fact: hey there pal what’s your name?”

“I am Omar. I have lived in Azania since birth and-“

“Alright slick we don’t need your life story, just tell us how happy you are to have us Supes here to keep the peace in your quant little country.”

“I-I am most g-grateful to have the American Heroes here. They b-bring safety and s-security to a-all of Azania. Now please sir can I have the food you promised? My family is so hungry-“

“You heard it here folks! These people love us, we’re doing the right thing, all of this is completely moral. Now then we got another hero who’d like to talk about how vital our presence is in this shithole- I-I mean wonderful country! Let’s here from A-Train!… What do you mean he’s not here?! Said something about not being apart of this white imperialist clown show? Why didn’t you tell me this before we started filming?”

“AMERICANS GET OUT! FREE AZANIA NOW! AMERICANS GET OUT! FREE AZANIA NOW!”

“Oh shit don’t film that! Uh gotta go now guys! A hero’s work is never done! Back to you Homelander!”

“Thank you Deep. One more news update for you folks. Because of our success in Azania our next goal will be to establish a presence in the country of Wakanda! A struggling third-world nation, Wakanda’s people struggle every day with food shortages, low morality rates, and of course high terrorist activity. So please if you have money to spare please go to our website at www.Supes4Wakanda.org and pledge your support to help us save these poor souls from themselves. Thanks for being an everyday hero folks!”

The screen showing the commercial pauses and the camera pans out until we see the unamused face of the King of Wakanda himself, glaring daggers at his visibly uncomfortable “guests”. 

“Food shortages? Low morality rates? Terrorist activities? I’d ask if that were a joke, but that would imply I find this situation even remotely funny,” The Black Panther’s voice had a noticeable twinge of anger to it.

“Oh, well uh, you gotta understand T’Challa we’re trying to build support for our launch and-“ Ashley Barnett tried to explain.

“Who gave you permission to use our king’s first name? You will address him with proper respect or you will not speak at all,” Came the warning voice of the Black Panther’s top bodyguard, Okoye.

“Oh-uh… m-my bad. Uh, your majesty you have to understand that it’s easier to get our audience back home to buy into our joint venture if it has a positive message behind it, and what’s more positive then Americans donating their money to help a less well off nation get to their feet,” Ashley Barnett tried once more to put a positive spin on the commercial.

“Wakanda does not need anyone’s help ‘getting to our feet’. Nor do we need a colonizer telling lies and misinformation about our country,” Okoye darkly told the Director of Hero Management.

“I-I-I didn’t… I mean… uh… Black Lives Matter is my favorite hashtag?” Ashley tried to answer.

“Go easy on her General, her offense is born of ignorance. This one on the other hand,” King T’Challa turned his attention towards the second Vought delegate, who had been cooly watching the ensuring situation unfold. “Let me guess, your board of old white men sent you to deal with us under the misguided belief that I might consider selling out Wakanda because a fellow black man was the one making the deal?”

“I understand your misgivings, King of Wakanda. Angry white men are an unfortunate part of the land I’m from after all. But let me make one thing crystal clear; no one sent me to do business with you. I came here of my own accord, for my own benefit, and let me assure you that it’s in your best benefit to go into business with Vought,” The sleazy Stan Edgar said in a low voice that never less carried much weight to it.

“You have nothing to offer me Mr. Edgar. Contrary to what your offensive videos might suggest Wakanda neither wants nor needs any of your ‘Supes’ within our borders,” T’Challa bluntly informed him.

“But you do want people in general to come to your lands don’t you your Highness? Why else would you open up your countries borders after centuries of isolation?” Edgar studied his counterparts expressions and movements all the while he talked. “There’s no shame in wanting to cash in on the profitable business of tourism your Majesty, but given the unfortunate misinformations that many citizens in the West have about this part of the world, don’t you think having an American Hero patrolling your city might make potential tourists more comfortable visiting Wakanda?” 

“My reasons for opening Wakanda to the world are beyond your understandings Mr. Edgar. But your feeble attempts at trying to gain a foothold into my countries resources are as obvious as all the other colonists that came before you,” The Black Panther informed the shady businessman.

“Your majesty, Vibranium might have been all the rage back in the 90s, but today superheroes are the most profitable resource in the planet, not little purple rocks. My only goal here is to continue our policy of putting a Supe in every influential city in the world, and if it just so happens to help you’re country appear more safe and welcoming to outsiders then I fail to see what the problem here is,” Stan Edgar explained.

“The problem is that your words do not match up to your actions Mr. Edgar. Namely the fact that your Supes are used to protect the mining facilities that your nation’s military are setting up in Azania, Canaan, and Narobia in order to look for any unclaimed pockets of Vibranium,” King T’Challa accused.

“An interesting theory your highness. But the question is do you actually have proof to back your accusation?” Edgar asked.

“No, the real question is what do you intend on doing if I tell you in no uncertain terms that I have no interest in dealing with Vought and that your Supes will never be welcome in Wakanda?” The Black Panther demanded.

“Well, then I shall book a flight back to America, take a few days to go over work that I might have missed while being away, and then I shall think over every possible scenario that could get you to reconsider your hard headed position, including but not limited to sending our best man Homelander to your country and see if he can convince you to rethink your decision,” The calculated CEO subtly threatened.

“General stop!” The Wakandan King held out a hand to stop Okoye’s spear from reaching Stan Edgar’s throat. “I do like threats Mr. Edgar, and you have long overstayed your welcome. You will leave Wakanda immediately, and when you get home tell Homelander if he sets foot in my country I will consider that an act of war and destroy him.”

“For your countries sake I will tell Homelander no such thing,” Stan Edgar gestured for Ashley to gather their supplies and got ready to take his leave. “I will give you two weeks to come to your senses and contact me about making this deal happen. Otherwise you’ll leave me no choice but to use much less pleasant ways to get your cooperation.”

“That man is a snake your highness. You should have let me skewer him,” Okoye said after the Vought representatives have left. 

“In the near future I might just allow you to do that General. But for now I need you and the Dora Milaje to perform another task for me,” King T’Challa told her.

“Let me guess, acquire the proof of Vought’s blood diamond mines in our neighboring countries?” Okoye surmised.

“Yes. Getting that proof will buy us some time to fortify our position while Mr. Edgar and his cronies deal with the political fallout. You will be bringing the armor my sister made for you right? You might encounter some powerful Vought Supes on this mission General,” T’Challa advised her.

“I am not a fan of it’s colors my King, but I will take it along just in case,” Okoye consented.

“Ayo? Are you getting some good shots from your position? I want to be certain there is no way that snake Edgar can possibly explain away these pictures,” Okoye talked on her radio as she video taped the large facility, making certain to record the Azanian workers being brutally beaten for not performing their work fast enough.

“We are getting everything on camera here General. It makes me sick that we are doing nothing to help these people though,” Ayo’s voice replied to Okoye’s question. “I know it is not our mission, but perhaps we can- wait! What-…. Yama look out!.. From the right… it-…”

“Ayo? Yama? Nomble? Somebody respond!” Okoye quickly gathered her supplies and rushed to her fellow Dora Milaje’s last position.

“It’s okay to feel b-b-bad about having to kill these poor ladies Earving. That j-just means you still have a h-h-heart despite all the bad things Mr. E-Ed-Ed-Edgar orders you to do,” Buster Beaver’s soothing voice tried to comfort the darkly costume superhero.

Black Noir said nothing, as per usual, only staring down at the bloody bodies of the three women he had caught taking pictures of the facility, before calmly wiping their blood from his blade.

“I-I’m sure that whoever these pretty ladies were th-th-that-that they’ll find peace in the sweet embrace of Christ the Lord,” Buster again tried to comfort Black Noir, patting his shoulder.

“What have you done you monster!?”

Black Noir and Buster turned to see another woman appear from the jungle, pointing her spear in Black Noir’s direction.

“Oh d-d-d-dear me, l-l-looks like you m-missed one Earving. You know what you have to do now,” Buster addressed his friend.

Black Noir nodded grimly, readying his sword as he took stock of his new opponent.

“You will die for what you have done. That I promise you!” Okoye vowed as her Midnight Angel Armor attacked itself to her.

Okoye (Black Panther/MCU) vs Black Noir (Amazon’s The Boys). The fight takes place in an African jungle at night, Okoye has her Midnight Angel Armor from Wakanda Forever, and Black Noir has his usual weapons and equipment. Who wins?

Hello.  

I liked the set up a lot.  It's very interesting, makes a lot of sense, is very in line with the characters.  Writing is decent, grammar is good. 

However, I feel like the scenes after it fell flat.  As this is a debut character challenge, it should have focused on the characters fighting, but the write up itself focused more on the corporation characters and T'Challa instead of Okoye and Black Noir.  Their scenes were shorter, not as interesting, and I didn't get a good sense of them as characters, we didn't spend any time in either of their heads/thoughts.  Lastly, there wasn't a lot of description so it was difficult to visualize the throne room, the jungle, what things look like; I know you added clips, too, but it would have been a nice touch for to show them fighting to give the reader an idea of their skills as the clips make it easier but they arn't part of the write up and that's a lot of homework to try and figure who might win.

Yep, The Boys is another Amazon series I need to start watching. :) 

This is a good entry, Pizzaguy. Quite believable (and kinda amusing) that another entity wants to subjugate Wakanda to its will. From what I've looked up about Homelander and co, though, they just might have the power to give it a very good try. 

As for the match, Black Noir looks to be stronger and faster than Okoye, but her armor could probably absorb a good deal of his blows, and her weapons could probably do some decent damage. Gotta think on this one. 

You know what? I don't think I can decide on this one in time. It honestly appears that it could go either way. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
3.80 - MistressOfWords
4.60 - DSkillz
5.00 - Macklemore
4.60 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.00 Total Combined Score
18.00 / 4 = 4.50 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Okoye: 4