Zurg (Lightyear movie) vs. Goliath (Evolve)
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
Goliath (Evolve): 0

Psylocke vs. Danielle Moonstar
MATCH SCORE
Psylocke: 6
Danielle Moonstar: 2

Rumble 20570 Arkin vs. Komodo
MATCH SCORE
Arkin: 0
Komodo: 1

Rumble 20569 Minsu Kim vs. The Avengers
MATCH SCORE
Minsu Kim: 2
The Avengers: 4

Donatello (Mirage) vs. Chun-Li
MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 9
Chun-Li: 3

431 Characters

Out of boredom and curiosity I decided to count how many characters I've added to the database.

As of this date I have added 431 characters to the database! Going all the way back to the old EF days. 

Some have been getting a lot of love, some not so much. But it's pretty awesome to know just how much I've contributed to the database! 

I think the category I've contributed the most to is either Western Animation, or Games.

I thought I was the character king. Maybe not. Wish there was a tally in the 'your character' part of the control panel. This may well bother me enough to count mine out.

Okay I did it. 

499 (give or take maybe 10)

I see a lot of images got deleted as they are no longer necessary. I had been worried about overloading the image storage so that makes me happy.

Anybody got 499 beat?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

I thought I was the character king. Maybe not. Wish there was a tally in the 'your character' part of the control panel. This may well bother me enough to count mine out.

Okay I did it. 

499 (give or take maybe 10)

I see a lot of images got deleted as they are no longer necessary. I had been worried about overloading the image storage so that makes me happy.

Anybody got 499 beat?

499 quite impressive! 

A character tally would be fun. 

Not sure the database could tally anything prior to the sever reboot of 2013, but if I can figure it out, maybe I can give it a shit.

On 8/5/2023 at 2:05 AM, IKA said:

Not sure the database could tally anything prior to the sever reboot of 2013, but if I can figure it out, maybe I can give it a shot.

The user CP's character records still show the user's adds before then. At least, it still shows all of mine, and that's going back to when I joined in 2010. The real trick will be figuring out which profiles were deleted after they were accepted, as the CP records never showed quite that much detail.

I've posted all of my adds in the So Who Have You Added? thread, so I could probably accurately count into all of mine from there.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if @patrickthekid added over 1,000 characters at this point. He added so many profiles in about every category back in the site's busier days. 

9 hours ago, DSkillz said:

The user CP's character records still show the user's adds before then. At least, it still shows all of mine, and that's going back to when I joined in 2010. The real trick will be figuring out which profiles were deleted after they were accepted, as the CP records never showed quite that much detail.

I've posted all of my adds in the So Who Have You Added? thread, so I could probably accurately count into all of mine from there.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if @patrickthekid added over 1,000 characters at this point. He added so many profiles in about every category back in the site's busier days. 

It's not so much that the character profiles accuratley show a time when characters were added, but when the site was overhauled that data was manually set while the server reset to 2013 as the new start. That is of course my understanding of it, but I won't know for sure until I really dig into that. 

On 8/6/2023 at 11:53 AM, IKA said:

It's not so much that the character profiles accuratley show a time when characters were added, but when the site was overhauled that data was manually set while the server reset to 2013 as the new start. That is of course my understanding of it, but I won't know for sure until I really dig into that. 

The user CP still shows the dates character profiles were accepted regardless. All of the adds I made before the site's closure still have their pre-2013 acceptance dates intact. 

On 8/8/2023 at 2:27 AM, DSkillz said:

The user CP still shows the dates character profiles were accepted regardless. All of the adds I made before the site's closure still have their pre-2013 acceptance dates intact. 

User CP isn't necessarily the same as the database. That's all held on the mysql side of things.