X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Movies

Guest Magnus

Guest Darxeth

I have a feeling I'll like it more than the Avengers. Everytime I rewatch the Avengers, the less appealing it is to me. It's actually kind of corny.

Guest Jason Redfield

Had a choice between This Is The End and Man of Steel, ended up going with the former today.

My friends and I laughed our asses off. Hilarious film.

Guest bigballerju

I want to see This is the End. The Director of that movie so far has never failed to make a good comedy movie. I will be seeing that next. I also read some good reviews for the film.

Guest Darxeth

Just returned from seeing Man of Steel.

It was... absolutely phenomenal.

Seriously, it took eveything I loved about the Avengers and The Dark Knight and combined them.

The acting of Cavill was good to me, Michael Shannon's was.. to be desired.

IMO, it was better than Christopher Reeve's film, better than Superman Returns, better than Avengers and all 3 Iron Man movies, it was just.. everything I could want in a superhero film.

And good lord the fights.. they were superb.

And for those who thought Superman somehow winning after getting his ass kicked around was dumb, that's kind of what superheroes do.

They face adversity and overcome for what is right; no matter how strong the challenge is; no matter how overwhelming the odds, they face adversity and prevail.

Cannot wait for the Sequel and Justice League.

Also, anyone notice the LexCorp and Wayne logos?

Guest bigballerju

Yeah Zack said DC Characters exist in this world. There using this film as a stepping stone for the JLA film and future Man of Steel films. He said he would do that. I loved the fact a sequel is already greenlighted. 

Guest Hayesmeister5651

I want to see This is the End. The Director of that movie so far has never failed to make a good comedy movie. I will be seeing that next. I also read some good reviews for the film.

It was *vulgarity*ing hilarious.  That is the first comedy since Step Brothers that made me laugh loudly in a movie theater.  It was so damn funny.

Guest LoneWolf

I'd consider a strong, independent woman a bitch. Not like "OH *vulgarity* THAT BITCH", but just like "Yeah, she's a bit of a bitch". But bitches get shit done, so kudos to you strong independent bitch.

I have worked with so many women who I could describe with that word, your description doesn't fit.

Try having a man hating lesbian as a supervisor, who is absolutely meticulous and dedicated to making your life hell. Oh and she loves mass punishment, i.e. if one person messes up, everyone pays for it.

Guest LoneWolf

I wish so bad that they would have a live action, big-budget Marvel VS DC crossover. Punisher VS Batman and Superman VS Avengers. I would buy 5 tickets to each, that is a promise. Oh, as long as they don't do something dumb like "Let the fans decide who wins" or "It ends in a tie and they team up to defeat ____ villain." The winner needs to be decided based as it is in the forum battles - logic and feats.

Guest Red_Dragon

Saw Fast and Furious 6 last night. It was entertaining. Some pretty good action and blatant disregard for the fragility of the human body. It's what I expected and it was a good time out of the house.

Guest force_echo

That would never happen.  Ever.

I don't think so. The potential revenues would be in the billions. At least.

I want to see This is The End too. Pineapple Express was awesome, this has gotta be good too.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

I don't think so. The potential revenues would be in the billions. At least.

I want to see This is The End too. Pineapple Express was awesome, this has gotta be good too.

It would not happen the way LoneWolf wants it too.  You really think DC would allow Thor to kill Superman, or vice versa?  It would definitely go how all cross overs go, good guys fight, realize they are both good, team up, then save the day.

I highly recommend it.  It is funnier than any of Seth's movies(and I love his style of comedy and movies).  I want to see it again.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

That would be nice.  When was the last time Marvel and DC had a cross over?  In the 90's?

If they do, they need to not follow the same cross over recipe.  As much as I love Batman, it would be a total shocker to have Wolverine kill him in a fight.  Most people would read the comic and be like "oh two heroes fighting it'll be a draw....HOLY SHIT WOLVERINE JUST GUTTED BATMAN!"  Cross overs are typically just so predictable.  They would need Robert Kirkman or George R R Martin to write it so you know, no one is safe.

Guest badpierce

I think sooner or later we will get a DC vs Marvel animated film at least.

Maybe someday Disney will just buy DC.

After wallowing in movie hell, I finally got the chance to knock some blockbusters out of the way. Oh and... SPOILERS!

And in a way, I'll have to agree with the critics on Man of Steel. The biggest fear I had with the movie was to see Superman give the Nolan treatment for Supes. It works wonders for Batman, but not for the embellishment of brighter side of things. It has been established time and again in multiple media that despite being an alien that can sneeze the earth into oblivion, he may might as well be the most human being on the planet. Sure, he probably had problems controlling his powers early on, but he had loving guardians that helped shape him to be the superhero we all know and love today. Also, with the way Zor El advised Clark, it looked more like him forcing his son into yet another role than to let him decide on what he wants to do, which should be the whole theme of the movie.  

With that said, *vulgarity* the critics for saying that the fight scene lasted too long. I've waited all my life to see a proper supermen battle in live action and they delivered.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Star Trek's inching me into watching the series. I immediately watched Wrath of Khan afterwards for comparisons.

Guest force_echo

It would not happen the way LoneWolf wants it too.  You really think DC would allow Thor to kill Superman, or vice versa?  It would definitely go how all cross overs go, good guys fight, realize they are both good, team up, then save the day.

Yeah, and it was still sell. It would go like JLA/Avengers (which was a genuinely good comic), where the big franchise dudes get into a huge CGI-awesome kickass fight and then it either gets interrupted or ends in a stalemate. But who cares? In The Avengers when the 3 fought there was no real winner. Didn't stop people from still trying to determine who fought the best based on the scene.

Guest Ruinus

Just came back from watching Man of Steel and I loved it, my brother enjoyed it (though less than what he thought he would) while my parents also loved it (my ma was talking about all the Jesus Christ imagery throughout the film on the way back).

I love the fight scenes.

Oh, and the two side actresses are hot.

I didn't hate Man of Steel.

I loved the Krypton bit at the beginning of the movie. I hate origin stories, but they did a decent job of retelling Superman's origin. I also liked the Smallville fight scene. It did a pretty good job depicting the way Superman and other Kryptonians would fight.

None of the human characters were given anything to do other than Costner. Amy Adams as Lois Lane was totally wasted in this movie.

What I DID hate was the ending. The whole terraforming thing was pretty stupid, and it all gets resolved with yet another tedious city destruction scene and a bunch of explosions. Yawn.

As for Superman killing Zod, I can buy that THIS Superman would be willing to kill as an act of desperation. Most depictions of Superman really hammer in the fact that killing is a line that he'll NEVER cross, but the way he's depicted here made me feel he's flawed enough to cross that line. What I didn't buy was that the situation he was in was one where that line needed to be crossed. Nothing in the context of that scene made be believe there was nothing he could do but snap Zod's neck. Neither Superman nor Zod seemed so beaten down and worn out that they couldn't keep on flying around and stuff. That situation played out more like lazy writing to end the movie on a HARD and VIOLENT way rather than Superman doing something for the greater good.

So between the awful ending and a ton of characters given nothing to do, I didn't really care for the movie as a whole.

Guest bigballerju

Well being that this was a reboot it was in it's best interests to only focus on Zod with his rogue Kryptonians, Superman, Lois, the Krypton connection, and Superman's parents. I like the fact just like Amazing Spiderman with Garfield it didn't try and do everything in one film. In the sequel it can expand on other characters more. I like the ending because it's the first time in a superhero film a choice like that was made in a origin story. The fact Superman did it makes it even better. 

I think the reason Superman was able to snap Zod's neck was for the simple fact Zod and Superman both knew if one didn't kill the other it would never end. That's why Zod told Superman that and I loved it. He kind of forced Superman in a way to make that decision and it was a huge one which will affect Superman for sure. 

Guest Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Ok so I watched Man of Steel and people seem to be talking about it alot so I'll toss my two cents.

I liked it, enjoyed it even, not as much as Avengers, Iron Man, Nolan Batman, but it was good and I feel as good as Iron Man 1 in telling an origin story without it being REALLY dull.

So I'm going to start with what I didn't like. First issue (and it feeds into my other issues) with the movie is the same issue I had with Dark Knight Rises. The movie felt like it was "two" movies, edited, spliced and smooshed together. Kal El's origin story (with an amazing reimagining for Krypton and Kryptonian society. Seriously the whole "Kryptonians screwed themselves" angle adds some dept to the story) and Zod's attack on earth and neither got enough screen time to get any real traction. Costner was great as Pa Kent and I wanted to see more instances of him trying to raise a powerful alien son. I wish Zod had terrorized earth a little more to make the stakes seem higher faster.

This brings me to my second point; the stakes just didn't seem too high until the very end where the horrible terraforming machine gets into play. It just felt like Nolan and Goyer were handcuffed with a brisk runtime and tried to think of the biggest threat to get to the quickest resolution. I think Superman needed to SAVE more people. You see all this destruction in Metropolis and he's not even there but just dicking around in the Indian Ocean. The flash backs (which were amazingly done) helped a little but I needed more and that's because of.,..

... Supes killing Zod. I actually didn't have a problem with it but it ties in with my earlier complaint. It makes SENSE for him to do it as without the Phantom Zone solution there would be no saving the earth without his death. However I just think if we saw Superman futily saving a life here, a life there, it would help him come to realization that his small time heroics don't mean squat in the face of big decisions and given the moment more emotional weight.  I like that it was over something small (killing a family with heat vision) over some big catastrophe, but I just can't help but feel if we saw Kal El struggle to save some people from falling buildings that there would've been a stronger emotional resonance in that scene.

I actually have NO problems with Lois Lane. I don't get how you can say she was a waste! She wasn't a damsel in distress (except at one point), goofy love interest, walking plot device or "the voice of exposition." She was an intelligent important part of the story, set up as his bridge to humanity after his parents and acted like a world class journalist would act. The only issue I have was "the kiss" but the way Snyder and Goyer have been talking about that scene it sure reeks of "studio notes" forcing them to throw that in there.

Otherwise yeah I think the movie is great. I think it follows the "Kill Bill" speech people seem to be hanging their Superman story hats on; the whole concept that Superman is the real Kal El, Clark is the "diguise." It was darker but not brooding and hardly a "gritty reboot." While it may have lacked the fun of other superman movies it does put him in a world that asks him hard questions which I enjoy.

I also like how the goofier elements of Superman were jettisoned; no phonebooths, no running opening a shirt revealing an S, hell they didn't even let Zod say "Kneel Before Zod!" It shows that Nolan, Goyer and Snyder are building their own Superman universe free of baggage which can only help any sequels.

Finally I LOVE how they made Superman global. Keep him stuck in Metropolis never made sense to me, he can travel around the world, we should be able to see him do it We should see him in exotic locales! Plus I think the global themes and big decision themes outlined in Man of Steel are only going to make a probable Justice League movie more exciting and sets up other heroes showing up in sequels.