X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Movies

Guest Magnus

Guest bigballerju

Wait, so Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, and X-Men are the only franchises they don't have?

Yeah those are the only ones. If Fox doesn't hurry up with the Fantastic Four film Marvel will get that too.

If you mean "you add in Punisher that's great" in the fact if they did, they already own the rights to Punisher. I probably just misunderstood thought. Anyway they also have the rights to Blade.

Anyway here is pretty the main reason I'm posting. I found this interesting thought and idea in one of the articles on screenrant concerning lesser known characters, which I think would be pretty cool to see happen.

Anyway here it is

Mainly the thing about lesser known characters is what I'm talking about. Of course, nothing is for sure though

If Marvel were smart they should use that tv show to introduce lesser known heroes that probably won't make it to film any time soon like Arrow and Smallville. Shield is a perfect tv show for Moon Knight, Spider Woman, U.S Agent, and more to make a debut.

As far as film actors who are the star of their superhero films appearing on tv shows. I hope Marvel knows they could always have them guest appear for like one or two episodes. However Marvel would have to be willingly to pay them a little money which is a big maybe with Marvel.

Guest silversurfer092

I didn't know Superman was a small time hero who doesn't get time on the big screen.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

While I liked the whole Tony Stark running around without the suit, I still wanted to see him in the suit more.  He was barely in it in Iron Man 2. 

I was kind of annoyed at how quickly they killed Adrian.  Since when was Pepper a fighter?  The part where she jumps in the air and took out the suit was lame to me.  Then how she took out Adrian, when the hell did she become a fighter?  She was utterly useless when she was in Tony's suit at his house.   It seemed like the writers said "Okay we need to hurry up and end this movie."

Overall I enjoyed the film, I just wanted more I suppose.  Honestly, the twist with the Mandarin was the first time a movie ever got me like that.  I was not expecting that at all. 

Guest KevinDWolf93

was kind of annoyed at how quickly they killed Adrian.  Since when was Pepper a fighter?  The part where she jumps in the air and took out the suit was lame to me.  Then how she took out Adrian, when the hell did she become a fighter?  She was utterly useless when she was in Tony's suit at his house.   It seemed like the writers said "Okay we need to hurry up and end this movie."

Spoiler dude :P! Eh not sure if anyone who hasn't seen the movie would read this far in but ya never know. While I enjoyed the end fight I won't really debate on how it went, cause I'm sure I could pick it apart if I really wanted to. To defend the bit about Pepper's competency, she kinda didn't need to be. 

Being all extremis'd up, she was going on pure adrenaline and the extra power which worked pretty well when sucker punching the big bad who was in bad shape after being blown up like 3 times during the fight. In the mansion scene, she really didn't know what to do with the armor(which had it's secondary weapons offline anyways), but I doubt Tony had ever let her into one before and she was in it for all of 40 seconds before Tony called it back. It does provide a chekovs gun on how she knows how to use the repulsor for the kill though.

One piece I'd like to add in a tangent is it's not impossible that Tony didn't teach her a few self-defense moves since in between 2 and 3m he continues to show off some Wing Chun that we saw in Iron Man 2. During the scene where KIllian captures Pepper and is holding her by the throat I did catch that Pepper was reaching for the guy's throat at a certain point(maybe for a pressure strike/pinch?). It might just be me and I'd need a screen cap since it was quick moment but it's not the biggest leap.

Primarily I think it was just meant for the payoff after she calms down("That was /so/ violent") and it worked on my audience at least.

Guest bigballerju

I didn't know Superman was a small time hero who doesn't get time on the big screen.

LOL I was talking about other characters like Cyborg, Zatanna, Legion of Superheroes, Checkmate, Suicide Squad, Toyman, and more. Less known characters like those.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

-snip-

Yeah I guess some of that makes sense.  IDK, it just seems like she'd be way too busy to learn martial arts since being CEO is a 24/7 job.  I'd prefer Stark to defeat his own demons though.

Guest bigballerju

The Pepper part was funny and made me laugh because of Tony's reaction afterwards. Also there is a lot we don't know about Pepper in between films so she could have picked up some training. 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't care much for the new Star Trek movie. 

The opening sequence is pretty cool, but once the main plot kicked in everything turned to crap.

Guest bigballerju

I never liked the original Star Trek films and tv shows. The only previous Star Trek film I liked was Star Trek Nemesis. However I loved Abram's Star Trek films. Into the Darkness was fun and entertaining. I liked the story and character development.

Guest Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Star Trek Into Darkness is a good summer action movie but it's also a terrible Star Trek movie.

Guest bigballerju

I think it's saving grace is that it's more Star Wars then Star Trek. Abrams has said multiple times he wanted to give it a Star Wars type of feel which is smart. That's what it needed for today's movie audience for it to appeal to them and even someone like me who loves Star Wars. I don't know too much about Star Trek's history but I know the Kirk and Spock development is excellent. That's something longtime Star Trek fans should be happy about. As far as the villain I loved him. I don't know how he originally was in the old films but he was done very well here. I'm glad they didn't kill him off. That's usually a big mistake films do in superhero or sci fi films with great villains.

Guest Kate Awesome Is Awesome

My main problem with Into Darkness was the fact that it's a very stupid movie from a franchise praised for being very smart and cerebral. I know you shouldn't over analyze the actions taken in an action movie, but if you do for Into Darkness you just sit there and think "why?"

Lucky for me pretty explosions and hot bromances entertain me enough to allow me to ignore such idiocy during the movie's runtime.

Spoilerific Anti-Into-Darkness Rant

Into Darkness wasn't a Star Trek movie. It wasn't a Star Wars movie. It was desperately trying to be The Dark Knight and completely failed.

It takes the basic concept behind old school Khan and dresses it up in the same terrorism guise The Joker was given in The Dark Knight. It even follows the same general plot points: Heroes go after villain, capture him, but he WANTED to be captured to really execute his "bring down the system" plan. Then there's the misguided callbacks to Wrath of Khan, with the Kirk and Spock roles swapped.

Oh yeah, and Spock running down the streets of San Francisco, which is the absolute worst visual cue you can expect from a JJ Abrams movie. And then a starship crashes into the same city, but during the aftermath there's no signs that thousands of people JUST DIED. The rest of the final conflict takes place in a city clear of panicking people and emergency vehicles. Instead San Francisco looks like a budget knockoff of the Coruscant scenes from the Wars prequels. Barf Barf Barf.

Outside of the admittedly awesome opening sequence, which actually felt like something from a STAR TREK MOVIE, this was awful sci-fi, awful action, and awful film-making. It's trying to be a bunch of previously successful things and falling flat. Barf again.

Guest Darxeth

I respectfully disagree. Into Darkness was excellent. I don't give a damn about what an "actual" Star Trek movie is supposed to be. Honestly, before J.J.'s take on Star Trek, I found the series to be completely boring.

The chemistry between Kirk and Spock was abysmal in the older series, and the acting.. Dear lord the acting.. I dunno about you guys, but I haven't been able to take the series seriously up until 2009.

The movie wasn't trying to be anything other than a sequel, and a brilliant one at that.

It was a wonderful Trek film, an amazing sci-fi film (although it was more fiction than science, of course)

and a gorgeous action film.

8.5/10.

The movie wasn't trying to be anything other than a sequel,

Everything else is your opinion. I totally disagree, but that's cool.

But what does this mean? Seriously, that makes no sense.

Guest Darxeth

Everything else is your opinion. I totally disagree, but that's cool.But what does this mean? Seriously, that makes no sense.

It means that the movie wasn't trying to be the Dark Knight; it wasn't trying to be Star Wars; it was made to be the sequel of the 2009 Star Trek film, so the only thing it was trying to be was a sequel, since that's exactly what it was.

Heh. It was a very bad joke is all.

But yeah, we have different opinions on the matter but it's all good.

Guest Classic80s
Please everyone sign this petition to have Universal include Sean Boswell (Lucas Black) in FAST 7: 

lucasblackinline1_1150352816.jpg

If you have TWITTER, please RETWEET this:

#1) Sean Boswell (Lucas Black) is the DK and was Han's protege. 

#2) Dom went to see him at the end of Tokyo Drift. I doubt it was just to say hello. He most certainly wanted him to join his crew. 

These two reasons alone are enough to warrant including Lucas Black in Fast 7. Even if you hated Tokyo Drift, that doesn't mean including Lucas Black in Fast 7 would be a bad thing. If anything, it would give him an opportunity to shine! Instead of treating Tokyo Drift as the bastard stepchild of the franchise, they need to embrace it. As a whole, it'll make the series feel much more thorough and complete. 

So please! I beg you all to sign this petition! 

Also, please bombard Vin Diesel's facebook page about including Lucas Black!

Guest bigballerju

I'm more worried about the fact the studio is in such a rush to do Fast 7 their gone screw up the franchise when it's real hot right now. Justin Lin isn't doing Fast 7 because he told the studio if he rushed the film like they wanted the final product wouldn't be good. Also Rock said himself he doesn't know if he will be back either if they rush the film because of his schedule. I don't want some Saw Director taking over the films. Bad decision move. I hope the studios get their head out their ass. If they give Justin Lin the time he needs then that means we will get a great Fast 7 and you can bet Lucas Black would be in Fast 7 even if it's a cameo. Let's see how things go first.

Guest Jason Redfield

Pitch Perfect is too solid of a movie for what people would expect.

Yeah. My friend introduced it to me; I was only vaguely familiar with it. Sat down and watched it and instantly loved it. I don't go for musicals, but Pitch Perfect isn't really a musical at all. Unfortunately, a lot of people immediately wrote it off assuming it was one. Or, in the words of my dad, "Oh, that movie. It's just a movie version of Glee. No thanks."

Meh. Regardless, I loved it. Lots of laughs along with some genuinely endearing characters.

Fun fact: the film also happens to be quite popular currently with the Army's 75th Ranger Regiment. Don't ask how I know that.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Lol @ Jaden Smith's acting.  After Earth was a cool concept, but Jaden's acting is laughable.  I understand he is young, but he made the movie hard to watch.  I just can't help but feel(especially since mommy and daddy were the producers) that this movie was made to make Jaden look cool.  Which is understandable because any parent would do whatever they can to help their child, but man was that movie a let down.

Guest Classic80s

I'm more worried about the fact the studio is in such a rush to do Fast 7 their gone screw up the franchise when it's real hot right now. Justin Lin isn't doing Fast 7 because he told the studio if he rushed the film like they wanted the final product wouldn't be good. Also Rock said himself he doesn't know if he will be back either if they rush the film because of his schedule. I don't want some Saw Director taking over the films. Bad decision move. I hope the studios get their head out their ass. If they give Justin Lin the time he needs then that means we will get a great Fast 7 and you can bet Lucas Black would be in Fast 7 even if it's a cameo. Let's see how things go first.

Another wish I have is that they put the focus back on street racing and less on heists and revenge, etc. That's why I liked the original and Tokyo Drift so much. They were primarily about racing. There was a story encapsulating everything, but racing was at the core. With these past few films, it's become less about racing and more about everything but. I mean, the cars are still front and center, but the whole racing aspect has sorta been lost in the shuffle. I want it back. I want the ending to come down to "the big game" (ala most sports movies) only here, the big game will be the final race.