Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

TV

videogameman

Guest silversurfer092

Big Bang Theory is just shitty. The only joke it has is "We're socially awkward nerds". That joke is only funny to people who actually understand what they're saying or other socially awkward nerds. Penny isn't hot enough to carry the show either.

Guest Shockwave

Big Bang Theory is just shitty. The only joke it has is "We're socially awkward nerds". That joke is only funny to people who actually understand what they're saying or other socially awkward nerds. Penny isn't hot enough to carry the show either.

I'm sorry, but I didn't ask if you thought it was GOOD, I asked if I'm the only one who saw how dark Howard's storylines are when you actually watch it for the story and not for the laughs!

For example, one of the more recent ones, Howard is telling a story to Brena Dent, his wife, about how he got into magic. At the end he pretty much revealed that he essentially stayed a child for her sake as she didn't have anyone else to care for, this of course was AFTER he moved out and into his wife's place. Before that, he comes back from space, and no one is happy to see him except his wife, INCLUDING HIS MOTHER! Granted they had plans to see him the next day and with his wife sick it made sense, but:

A. Rah had replaced him

B. His mother locked him out

C. His other friends told him not now.

Finally, they used him to show the after effects of living the dream, and how hollow it appears afterwards. He's back to being the same guy, nothing more and nothing less. He went to space and is afraid of losing that to the point of obsessiveness.

Seeing as how everyone here thinks the show is "crap after season 3" I thought it would be a good point to make.

Guest silversurfer092

I laughed once in the first four episodes. So not everyone thinks it's crap after season 3, I thought it was crap after episode one. I do, however, feel a need to keep watching it. Probably something to do with my desire to see Penny get absolutely railed by a nerd.

Guest Jason Redfield

Burn Notice has gone way, way downhill. Seasons 1-3 were superb. Season 4 was... slightly less so. Everything after has just been bad. I'm not completely sure why I still watch it. I liked the older seasons because it was a lot of "Michael Westen & Co. solve Joe Schmo's problems regarding [insert generic group of bad guys here]". I understand you can't make an entire plot line with the random problem of the week, but it was still the more enjoyable part of the show rather than the underlying storyline regarding his burn notice. Recent seasons have focused more and more on purely doing the main plot, and it's getting old. It's the same recycled plot over and over with a new "twist" each time.

It's cool, though. Because while Burn Notice has been sucking, Person of Interest became nothing short of amazing. It fills the niche of spy thriller series quite well. Probably one of the better (and most underrated) shows on TV right now if you ask me.

Guest force_echo

I'm still pissed about Animal Planet's line up. More reality bullshit then actual ANIMAL shows.

History Channel. Discovery. It's sad really.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started watching The Shield and Justified. By god, both are insanely good. Plan on starting The Wire soon, but I figured I'd watch some other critically acclaimed crime-based shows before I got started on "the best show of all time". I think I'll watch Oz next. It helps that my girlfriend's father is a crime drama fanatic and he has all these box sets lying around. ;)

Guest silversurfer092

Anybody watch Shameless? It's a show about South Siders (people living on the south side of Chicago). Started watching it because Emmy Rossum is beautiful. Then I saw her tit. Boo. I'm not gay, there's just certain women who are beautiful without having to show tits. Other than that, pretty awesome show.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tomisntblue

1341072085597.jpg

Still pissed about this show replacing the Spectacular Spiderman.

While it was a nerd rage inducing offense that Spectacular Spider-man was canceled, I enjoy Ultimate.

While it was a nerd rage inducing offense that Spectacular Spider-man was canceled, I enjoy Ultimate.

To each of its own I guess. It's not like I don't like those kind of shows. It's just that I wish the Marvel Animated series could just stick with a direction of a show. The same thing just happened to Avengers: EMH. And although the new series is going to be more serious, I doubt I'll stick with it. When I can't be guarenteed with a show that won't reboot all the time, I just can't stick with it.

Right now, Legend of Korra, Young Justice and Scooby Doo: Mysteries Incorprtated are the only cartoons I follow earnestly right now and I don't like the latter two's chances of another season.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest silversurfer092

It was alright. I realized something halfway through though. Robert Kirkman is using the show to explore different storylines than the comic.

Didn't we have a separate thread for this? :P Oh, well. My post won't be solely about The Walking Dead, anyways.

I thought it was interesting. I didn't expect Daryl to choose his brother, over the group. And why Andrea continues to not leave the Governor, really confuses me. Is she really that dumb? Or is she actually in love with him? And did anyone else notice more violence or something, in last night's episode? I ask, not because I really noticed anything, but 'cause the rating changed. This was the first episode, that I can remember, that had a TV-MA rating.

Now for the part, not about The Walking Dead. AMC has lost me as a viewer, for Comic Book Men. I'd always watch that before or after The Walking Dead, depending on sports' interference. But now that it's on Thursday nights, I'm probably not going to watch it.

Guest Shockwave

OK probably not a good idea to show how much of a nerd I am for this, but...

Power Rangers Megaforce is a remake of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. Seriously, their megablaster, the mentor is a giant head who was trained by Zordon, aka gonna be a dick, down to the last joke of the pilot episode is the exact same.

Still, it's a step up from Samurai, kinda....I miss Bulk.

Guest bigballerju

Yea that is the first thing I noticed. If you go back and look at the original Power Rangers they actually had decent acting in the first season.

Guest Darxeth

The first season eh?

The one where every time they made a statement they would karate chop the air? Is that the one with decent acting?

Edit: Just realized that the giant talking head says he loses power every time the Earth is faced with a huge threat.

Not much of a guardian.. :P