Chun-Li: 3

Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Character Image Issues

Mercenaryblade

Hey anyone else having a problem with images on occassion? 

Sometimes I'll add an image to the gallery but the character profile keeps giving me an error when  I try to add it. 

I think this might also be why a few characters I've submitted with 'image unacceptable' even though there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the image. 

There doesn't seem to be any warning an image will do this until you add it to a character profile  

47 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Sometimes I'll add an image to the gallery but the character profile keeps giving me an error when  I try to add it. 

I think this might also be why a few characters I've submitted with 'image unacceptable' even though there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the image. 

There doesn't seem to be any warning an image will do this until you add it to a character profile  

I've had some issues with getting images added to galleries. I usually just ignore it tho. Figured the images are too big or something or another 

5 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Look, when you submit characters, their profile image needs to be best in quality. One thing I notices is that most people have been using images that are just bad. I’m sorry, but if the image isn’t that good, I will denied the character.

9 hours ago, Venom 2009 said:

Look, when you submit characters, their profile image needs to be best in quality. One thing I notices is that most people have been using images that are just bad. I’m sorry, but if the image isn’t that good, I will denied the character.

I'm trying to determine if the gallery issue is the same as character denial on image issue. I remember I resubmitted a character with a different image, but when I tried to add the original image to the character I got the error message. This isn't just me belly aching, because denials are fine. I'm trying to see if this is a legit issue. 

Can you define just bad images? 

Image denials could be a bit more specific so we know what it is that you find 'bad' like these ones:

Find a less scrunched up image.

Find a better portrait. One which is brighter.

Badly resized picture. It's too smooshed.

8 hours ago, Boratz said:

I've had some issues with getting images added to galleries. I usually just ignore it tho. Figured the images are too big or something or another 

I don't know there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the attempted adds.

56 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

I'm trying to determine if the gallery issue is the same as character denial on image issue. I remember I resubmitted a character with a different image, but when I tried to add the original image to the character I got the error message. This isn't just me belly aching, because denials are fine. I'm trying to see if this is a legit issue. 

Can you define just bad images? 

Image denials could be a bit more specific so we know what it is that you find 'bad' like these ones:

Find a less scrunched up image.

Find a better portrait. One which is brighter.

Badly resized picture. It's too smooshed.

Bad images as in they are scrunched up and the pixels are off.

If there is a problem of adding pictures to Gallery, for the profile images, make sure they are 300 x 300. Also, either have the images as jpg or png. They seem to work fine.

32 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

Bad images as in they are scrunched up and the pixels are off.

If there is a problem of adding pictures to Gallery, for the profile images, make sure they are 300 x 300. Also, either have the images as jpg or png. They seem to work fine.

Yes, that's more like it. For me I can't really tell any difference from the resized picture. 

Most of them are 300 X 300 except the occasional picture I add just for fun. They're also all JPG and I still get that error message on occasion. It's strange. 

1 hour ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Yes, that's more like it. For me I can't really tell any difference from the resized picture. 

Most of them are 300 X 300 except the occasional picture I add just for fun. They're also all JPG and I still get that error message on occasion. It's strange. 

Well, another thing could be something is going on with the server that the site runs on.

Sometimes resizing doesn't work if the source image is disproportionate. It's best to find images that are already square before you shrink it down. It's also usually better to scale down than scale up as the image quality degrades with pixel count. 

Just to add to the conversation. My problem is my character submission is rejected because of 'image is unacceptable'. I get a lot of pictures from the same source and many times the exact same size (oversized) and even squared but some are fine and some are not. Just to put the occurrence out there.

So, this doesn’t happen often, but when I try to accept a character, I get this error message on the image. The message won’t let me add the character to the site. So, I have to deny the character. I don’t know why it happens. Maybe the Battle Image isn’t by 300 x 300, or the picture needs to be jpg or png?

1 hour ago, IKA said:

Try posting the img here and I will take a look at it. 

So here is one of the images that gives me the error message.

16 hours ago, Venom 2009 said:

So, this doesn’t happen often, but when I try to accept a character, I get this error message on the image. The message won’t let me add the character to the site. So, I have to deny the character. I don’t know why it happens. Maybe the Battle Image isn’t by 300 x 300, or the picture needs to be jpg or png?

That explains it to me. I don't understand but I but I feel better. The images are 300 x 300 and jpg unless something happens as I'm posting it or something. That Siren picture was from comic vine. It was 480 x 480. I shrunk it down and save it jpg. But the funny part is that I submitted somebody else with that exact same process and stats within minutes of each other that one got in and Siren didn't.

I appreciate you taking effort looking at this. I got real world stuff I can be doing but I think everybody on the site understands.

• Like 1

You know, I ran into a similar image problem a couple of years back. I PM'd Fox about it, and he said, besides what's already been mentioned, that the image may simply be corrupted somehow. That could be the case with some of the recently rejected pics. 

Another thing that could be tried here is, instead of just changing the pixels to make an off-shaped image square, you could also try cropping the image if your image editor has the capability. That's usually what I try to do if I can't find a good square image. Cropping can get kind of tedious, though, especially with a larger image. 

Here's a good free editor that allows cropping and more if you haven't already found one.

• Like 1

Alright after looking at the image, while it has .jpg in its name, it's actually a jpeg file which is why it's not working. 

You have to convert the image to the correct format, some sites just rename the extension but don't actually change the format itself. 

29 minutes ago, IKA said:

Alright after looking at the image, while it has .jpg in its name, it's actually a jpeg file which is why it's not working. 

You have to convert the image to the correct format, some sites just rename the extension but don't actually change the format itself. 

That's frustrating. How can we know it's JPG and not jpeg if it's not labeled correctly?

9 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

That's frustrating. How can we know it's JPG and not jpeg if it's not labeled correctly?

When you go to save it to your computer it will say "save as" whatever that defaults to is what the real extension is.