MATCH SCORE
Waldstein: 0
Metera: 1
Mutagen Man: 2

Rumble 20587 Nathan Drake vs. Vastatosaurus Rex
MATCH SCORE
Nathan Drake: 1
Vastatosaurus Rex: 3

Night Shift Chapter 7 Match 17919 Mandrill and Thugee vs. The Night Shift (Marvel)

broadwaybeyonder

Chapter 7: Who Run the World?

Max stood in the courtyard of the temple.  He watched as people slowly walked and spoke in hushed tones to each other, some working in a communal garden tending the soil.  He could look out through the temple gates and see the peaks of the Himalayas stretching out before him.  And he also saw her.  The beautiful woman with the silver hair, wrapped in white silks.  She strode briskly through the courtyard and went down a stone stair way.  Max followed after her, trying his best to keep up. 

He reached the bottom of the stairway to find the woman had disappeared.  Candles lit the way and corridors branched out before him.  Max could hear a grunt of exertion coming from the left and turned.  A large oak door was open just a crack to allow the sound to escape.  He peeked around the door to see the woman, shadow boxing and throwing kicks.  She leapt into the air and combat rolled back to crouch.  She froze suddenly, then quickly turned her head to the door where Max was. 

Max jumped back in surprise, grabbing a hold of the door.  “Sorry!  Sorry, I didn’t mean to disturb you.”  The woman rose to her feet, and looked up and down at her visitor.  “Brother Max, isn’t it?  You are one of the new acolytes.  You arrived two weeks ago, correct?”  Max nodded.  “Yes, Sister Dansen.  I’ve been meaning to talk to you,”  Dansen raised an eyebrow suspiciously.  “How do you know my name?” 

“I… was asking around.  I saw you when the guides brought us here.  Some of the other brothers told me.”  Dansen turned her back to Max, and started going through kata poses.  “And just what need would you have for knowing my name?”  Max took a step in the training room.  “I don’t know.  I figure if I was going to talk to you, it might be nice to know your name first.”  Dansen continued her practice, throwing a few thrust kicks towards the wall.  “I would prefer you not to listen to other peoples gossip to learn about me, Brother Max.” 

“Fair.  Soooo, how about you tell me about you yourself instead?”  Dansen nearly lost her balance.  She looked at the smiling Max in disbelief.  “You are certainly persistent, Brother Max.”  Max shrugged and walked onto the mat.  “Hey, it’s a gift.  So, why not?  Where you from?  How’d you join the Family of Kali?”  Dansen went back to her kicks.  “We are allowed to talk of such things.  Nothing exists before we found the embrace of Kali.” 

“Come on.  It’s just you and me.  Why not?”  Dansen paused for a moment, then continued her kicks.  Max looked at her for a moment, then moved to her side.  “How about this; how about we do some sparring?  You and me.  If I can take you to the ground, you have answer a question about your past life.  You take me the ground, you can ask me anything about mine.”  Dansen rolled her eyes.  “Really, Brother Max.  That is simply childish.  I would never play games like that.”  Max gave a knowing smile.  “Especially if you thought you were going to lose.”  Dansen froze again, and turned to Max.  “I assure you, Brother Max.  You would never pin me down.”  Max took a fighting position, still grinning.   “Prove it.”  A faint smile flashed on Dansen’s face as she mirrored Max’s stance. 

“Shroud!”  Shroud’s memories were interrupted by the sound of Dansen’s voice.  He turned on the cushion he sat cross legged on to face her.  “Yes, Dansen?  Anything to report?”  Danesn walked into the meditation space and stood to Shroud’s right.  “Misfit, Digger, and Hangman are making the rounds picking up our cut from the gangs.  Needle, Tick Tock and the Brothers are looking for any new leads on the Headmen.” 

“And what about Moth?  Is she on her way?”  Dansen gave a sharp exhale.  “Yes, her and Russell were driven by Tatterdemalion a half hour ago.”  Shroud turned away and closed his sightless eyes.  “You don’t approve of my forcing her to go?” 

“I don’t believe it was necessary.  Moth and the others would be more useful in the field then…” 

“Russell has still been on edge ever since you rescued us from the Headmen.  And it would be good for both him and Moth to be out of the Tower for a while.  And Tatter can keep an eye on them.”  Dansen stared at the meditating Shroud.  “Why did you send Tatterdemalion?  If Moth was correct, then there shouldn’t be any trouble.  Unless you have sensed something more to it?”  Shroud took a deep breath and folded his hands together.  “Simply a precaution, Dansen.  I’m sure they will have a relaxing evening for a change.” 

“This sucks,” moaned Moth.  She and Jack were in the backseat of a limo being driven by Tatterdemalion in chauffeur attire.  As for themselves, Jack was dressed a black suit and blue tie, while Moth wore a blue sun dress.  The limo passed through ornate gates and followed a winding drive way to the front door of a extravagant mansion.  “I don’t believe this is happening,” she went on.  “Just relax,” said Jack.  “It’s just a party.  You’re friend invited you.  Nothing to get worked up over.”  Moth shot Jack a glare.  “You don’t know this girl.  Lorina Dodson is barely an acquaintance.  I had to put up with her parties all the time when I was with Jason in New York.  I don’t know how she found my address here.  And I have no clue why Shroud would make me come here!”    

“Well, if it’s any consolation, you do look very charming, Moth,” Tatterdemalion said smugly.  Moth stared daggers at Tatter.  “1: it’s no consolation.  2: you can’t say anything without sound like a creep.  So 3: shut up.”  Tatter shrugged and turned back to the wheel.  “You do look great though,” said Jack.  Moth opened her mouth to say something, then just sighed.  “Let’s just get this over with.” 

Jack exited the car and held the door open for Moth.  “I’ll be listening through the ear buds,” Tatter said.  “I’ll enter if there’s any trouble.” 

“Thanks, mother,” Moth snarked.  The limo drove back down the drive way to where similarly expensive looking cars were parked.  Jack and Moth walked up the steps to the door.  They could hear the bass of loud music drifting from the backyard.  Jack rang the doorbell, and Moth adjusted her dress.  Then she used her power to cause the hem of the dress to rise until it had morphed into a skirt.  She nodded in satisfaction, then glanced up at Jack, who was enthralled by the new outfit.  Moth grinned.  Now, I look great.” 

Jack was about to agree when the door of the mansion swung open.  A woman with red hair dressed in a pink crop top and yoga pants stood before them.  “Sybby!” she squealed.  She gave a bear hug to Moth, who looked toward Jack with a piteous expression.  “Hi, Lorina,” she said, desperately trying to sound enthusiastic.  “Oh my god!  I’m so glad you could make it!” Lorina rambled on.  “I thought you had said something about moving out west!  When I managed to find the address to the apartment, I just knew I had to invite my bestie!”  Lorina released the hug, then gave a suggestive look to Jack.  “And who’s your boyfriend?” 

“I’m… Jack.” 

“And he’s not my boyfriend!” 

Moth and Jack shot each other an awkward look.  Lorina chuckled.  “My, my, my.  Curiouser and curiouser.  Well, don’t worry, Sybby.  I won’t steal your man.  That’s what this whole party’s about!  Come on in!”  Lorina led them through the entryway and down the hall that lead toward the sounds of cheers and music.  “Um, Lorina, what do you mean?  What is the party about?” asked Moth. 

“My engagement, silly Sybby!  Today I’m going to introduce all my friends to the man of my dreams!”  Jack cleared his throat.  “Congratulations.  Where is he?” 

“Oh, he’ll be here in a little while.  Good thing you two made it in time.  You were almost late!”  Lorina pushed the glass doors open to reveal the spacious backyard.  A DJ stood at his equipment blasting pop music while Lorina’s guests danced, chatted, and swam in the pool.  Jack’s eyes widened at the sight of some of the guests wearing rabbit masks.  “You’re friend… er… Lorina sure throws an interesting party,” he said, waving aside a server offering a plate of hors d’oeurvres.  “Jason dragged me to every one of them,” Moth muttered under her breath.  “Lorina always has have some stupid “Alice in Wonderland” gimmick.  Bunch of privileged pricks making small talk.  It’s a miracle I didn’t became a thief sooner.” 

“Hey, take it easy,” said Jack.   “You were able to save me from a mad scientist.  I’m sure you can handle a party full of 1%-ers.”  Moth was about to reply, when she was interrupted by  a high pitched whine.  Lorina had grabbed a microphone from the DJ.  “Helloooo, everyone!  Is everybody having a good time?”  Cheers and applause rang out from the crowd.  “Of course you are!  Everyone knows my parties are always lit!  But this one is going to be the best ever!  Because I know you’ve been hearing the rumors, and I’ve thrown this party to tell you all…  they’re true!  I’m gonna get married!”  More cheers and shouts of congratulations followed.  “Thank you!  Thank you!  I just feel like the luckiest girl in the world!  And I want to take this moment in time to introduce you to the man of my dreams!  Come on out, honey!” 

The partygoers turned to the house where Lorina was pointing.  The backdoor opened and the crowd gasped.  Trudging into the backyard was a creature that resembled a 6 foot tall ape.  The guests backed away as the creature walked past, it’s knuckles dragging on the floor.  It reached the DJ booth, and Lorina wrapped her arms around it.  “Isn’t he beautiful?  Don’t be too jealous, girls!”  Jack turned to Moth as the crowd started murmuring.  “You said she was strange, but has she done anything like this?” 

“Hell no,” Moth replied.  “Something’s not right.” 

“Is this some kinda joke, Lorina?” a male guest shouted.  “What’s with the monkey?”  Lorina looked insulted as she held the creature to her.  “He’s not a monkey!  He’s the man of my dreams!”  She looked to the rest of the crowd.  “Come on, ladies.  You understand, don’t you?  How could I resist a guy like this?”  There was more murmuring and some laughter from the men, when suddenly one of the women who had been swimming in the pool started walking towards the booth.  “Yes, Lorina!” she shouted.  “He is beautiful!  Let me get close to him too!” 

“Yes, Miss Dodson!” called out one of the servers, tossing her tray to the ground and running toward the booth.  “Don’t keep him all to yourself!  It isn’t fair!”  To the amazement of the men, the other women in the backyard started moving toward the creature and Lorina.  Jack stared at the scene in confusion.   “Moth, I think we need to get going… Moth?!”  He turned to see Moth slowly stepping toward the crowd.  Jack grabbed her arm to hold her back.  “Moth, what are you doing?”  He could see the blank look in Moth’s eyes.  She struggled to free herself from his grip.  “I need to go him!  Don’t you see?  He’s so amazing!  Let me go to him!”  Jack dragged Moth toward the back door.  “Moth, we need to go now!” 

“Hey!” shouted Lorina.  “You can’t leave!  My party isn’t over yet!”  The creature gave a low growl.  Lorina tilted her head as if she could understand.   “Oh.  Alright, dear.  Now, ladies, my man says its time for a little party game.”  She reached underneath the DJ’s table and pulled out a box.  She lifted the lid, reached in and pulled out a knife in each hand.  She carefully handed a knife to each of the women as the men shouted in confusion. 

“Okay, Lori, jokes over!” 

“Come on, Jackie!  Get back here!” 

“We’re leaving now!” 

Lorina calmly held the microphone and looked to the now armed women.  “Okay, girls.  Time to play my fiancé’s game.  Kill ‘em all!”  The women spun around and giving a scream charged into the men, blades slashing.   The men ran and shouted in alarm, but many were cut down and sent falling into the pool or fell bleeding on the walkway.  Some managed to make it to the hedge on the edge of the backyard.  They clambered up to try to escape.  But the first man to reach the top of the edge was sent falling back into Lorina’s backward, with his head detached.  Behind the hedge stood a row of Asian men in turbans and robes, and armed with long swords. 

Jack and Moth had made it inside, Jack still dragging Moth behind him.  “Jack!  Jack, slow down!” said Moth holding her head.  “What are you doing?” 

“I’m trying to keep you from falling in love with a monkey,” Jack snapped, taking a second to recognize how ridiculous that statement was before continuing toward the door.  The door swung open to reveal more men with swords.  They filed into the lobby and brandished them towards Jack and Moth.  The pair backed up towards a staircase as Jack muttered under his breath.  “Tatter, we need you now!”  Giving a cry the swordsmen charged toward them.  Moth leapt into the air, letting her outfit be molded to form a set of wings for herself.  Jack ducked the first swordsman and ducked into a side room.  He moved a bookcase in front of the door and put his back to it.  “Ok,” he gasped for breath as he heard the sound of someone banging on the door.  “Not a full moon, but I could sure use some help here.”  He ran to a window and pulled back the curtains.  The waxing moon had finally broken through the clouds. 

Moth flew over the swordsman, causing the sashes that two of them were wearing to tie together and slam them into each other.  Tatterdemalion, rushing to put on his scarf, burst into the entryway, and leveled two more swordsmen.  “Is this what you young people do at parties like this?” he snarked.  “Oh shut up!” Moth yelled, delivering a kick to swordsman’s face.  “You need to get to the backyard!  There’s some creature in there with Lorina!  I think it’s controlling her and the other girls!” 

“What about Russell?”  There was the sound of crashing wood, howling and screaming.  “He’s fine!” Moth snapped.  “Now move it!” 

OK:

Tatterdemalion, Moth, and Werewolf by Night (Waxing moon so he’s slightly less strong.)

Mandrill has control of a dozen women, plus is backed up by 20 Thugee. 

Game On!

Learn More About
Mandrill
Read more about Mandrill at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Wikipedia Marvel.com Marvel Wiki

Thugee
Read more about Thugee at Wikipedia
Official Site: Public Domain Links: Wikipedia Indiana Jones Wiki Encyclopedia of Unusual and Unexplained

The Night Shift (Marvel)
Read more about The Night Shift (Marvel) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Wikipedia

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - JohnnyChany
4.70 - leroypowell3

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.70 Total Combined Score
9.70 / 2 = 4.85 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Thugee and Mandrill: 0
The Night Shift (Marvel): 3

• Like 1

AND NOW THE CONCLUSION

Tatterdemalion dodged swinging blades of the thugee.  He swung his weighted scarf and it snagged the wrist of one attacker.  With a quick tug he had sent him banging headfirst into a stone Venus statue.  The Mandril roared and pointed at him, and the spellbound women lunged for him. 

Moth soared over the hallways as thugee shouted to each other.  Some hurled knives at Moth, which she easily avoided.  “You know what your worst mistake was, creeps?” she said.  “Dressing up in those robes!”  Instantly the silks that the thugee wore sprung to life.  The hapless swordsmen cried out as the threads in their outfits tightened around their throats.  Moth suspended herself in the air to admire her handiwork.  Only to scream in pain as a knife clipped her left leg.  The shock caused her to lose focus and her wings to collapse.  She tumbled to the tiled floor and the thugee began to surround her. 

But the Werewolf ran down the hallway on all floors and barreled into them.  A few slashes of his claws and the thugee were killed.  The Werewolf bared it’s teeth as it looked at Moth, gasping for breath as she used her powers to transform one of the silk scarves the thugee wore into a bandage.  “I’ll be fine.  Go to the backyard.  Help Tatter.”  The Werewolf grunted and charged toward the sounds of battle in the backyard. 

Tatterdemalion was having his hands full.  The dozen women lunged and stabbed at him with their knives as the Mandril and Lorina watched.  “Ladies!” he shouted, as he dodged one of the servers.  “I don’t wish to harm you!”  The Mandril growled as Lorina stroked his fur.  “Good.  It’ll make it easier to kill you!” she said blandly.  “Then me and my hubby to be can get on with collecting all this stuff left behind by those other losers.  Weddings are expensive you know.” 

A howl from the backdoor brought the fighting to a halt.  The Werewolf bounded past Tatterdemalion and headed straight for Mandril.  Mandril leapt over the DJ table and struck the Werewolf on the back of the head with both hands.  Moth limped to the door to see the sight of Tatterdemalion still dodging the women.  “Let me give you some air support, old man!” she shouted.  “No, Moth!  Stay back!” Tatterdemalion shouted.  “If you get too close, you might get hypnotized too!” 

The Mandril beat his chest as he stood over the fallen Werewolf.  “Get him, honey!” Lorina shouted.  “Beat the nasty, dog thing!”  The Werewolf sprang up and rammed head first into Mandril, sending him colliding back first into the platform the DJ table sat on.  The platform started swaying back and forth, and Lorina stumbled.  “Baby!  Help meeeeeee!”  With a splash Lorina landed in the pool.  The Werewolf looked on as she coughed and spluttered.  “What…. What’s going on here?” she asked.  Then she looked up at the Werewolf, silhouetted against the moon.  The Werewolf gave a mighty howl and Lorina screamed in terror.  She scrambled out of the pool, her hair a mess and her outfit soaking wet.  She ran to the backdoor, where Moth was biting her lip to keep from laughing at the sight.  “Sorry about your party.”  Lorina glared at Moth.  “I might have known it was you, Sybby!  You were always causing trouble in New York!  Now you come to my home!  Bring a bunch of animals and weirdos!   Well, just wait till I call Daddy!  He’ll have his lawyers make you pay through the nose for this!”  Lorina stormed past Moth, who looked on bemused.  “You’re welcome for saving your life!” she called after her.  “Moth!”  Tatterdemalion shouted.  “Can you use your powers on the other women?  Corral them together?” 

“From here?  I guess.  Why?”  Two women swung their blades at Tatterdemalion, clipping his robes.  “Stay still so we can kill you for our man!” one of them snarled.  “Just do it!” Tatterdemalion yelled back.  Moth closed her eyes and held her hands out in front of her.  As Tatterdemalion continued to dodge and block his attackers, they were unaware that long threads of their clothes were coming undone.  Tatterdemalion leapt over their heads to get out of the crowd, and some of the women tripped up on the strands as they tried to pursue.  Within moments, the crowd was completely entangled, yelling in rage and slashing at the threads, which nimbly slid out of the way.  Mandril took notice of his thralls and roared instructions, but the Werewolf pounced on him, taking a bite from his neck. 

With the crowd completely ensnared, Tatterdemalion shouted to Moth.  “Get in the air!  Send them into the pool!  Then dive in yourself!”  Moth looked skeptical at him.  “You trying to live out a fantasy or something?” 

“Moth!  Trust me!”  Moth took a deep breath, winced in pain, and reformed her wings.  She rose into the air to a height where she hoped the Mandril’s powers would not affect her.  Then the threads tying the women together rose into the air with her.  The women cried out in alarm as they hung in the air like marionettes for a second over the pool, before the threads started to recede back into their clothes.  One by one the woman dropped into the pool, with Moth diving in headfirst.  The Mandril snarled in frustration and threw the Werewolf off of him.  He ran with leaping strides toward the hedge and leapt over it with ease, followed by the remaining thugee. 

Moth broke the surface of the water gasping for air, surrounded by the rest of the party guests who were slowly coming back to their senses.  Tatterdemalion offered her a hand.  “Excellent work, Moth,”  She slapped the hand away and clambered out of the pool on her own.  “Yeah, yeah, yay for me.  What kind of Girls Gone Wild idea was that anyway?” 

“After Miss Dodson fell in the pool, she seemed to be released from that creature’s control.  Maybe it produces some kind of pheromone that…”  Moth waved him off, and pointed to crowd of partygoers, screaming in fear at the sight their boyfriends stabbed and a werewolf at the DJ booth.  “We can do the science crap later.  Right now, let’s just get out of here.  Russell!”  The Werewolf ran on all fours as the partygoers scrambled out of it’s way.  Moth took flight and Tatterdemalion hurried to keep up after them.  “I suppose the Shroud will disappointed this party wasn’t particularly relaxing for you,” he shouted up to Moth.  Moth gave a short laugh as they reached the car.  “Actually, compared to other Lorina Dodson’s parties, it wasn’t that bad.”

Max landed flat on his back with a thud.  He gasped for breath as Dansen stood over him looking unimpressed.  “I thought you would take it easy on me,” he coughed.  Dansen folded her arms in front of her.  “And I thought you had received better training.  I get to ask you a question now?”  Max sighed and nodded, still lying on the floor.  Dansen walked around him.  “Very well.  What was your name before you came to the Temple?”  Max rolled over to his side, grimacing in pain.  “Fine.  My real name was Maximillian Coleridge.  Mom named me after a great uncle or something.”  Dansen paused.  “Coleridge?  Wasn’t there a rich couple named Coleridge?  They were in the news.  They were…”  Her voice trailed off as Max rose to his feet.  “Killed.  Shot during a drive by shooting while their son watched.”  Dansen’s expression softened.  “I’m sorry.  But how did you…” 

Max quickly took a step back and took a fighting position.  “Ah ah ah.  If you want to know more, you’ll have to get me down again.”  Dansen sighed and mirrored his stance.  They circled each other for a moment, then Dansen delivered a kick that Max dodged.  She threw a right punch and Max caught it, judo tossing her to the mat.  Dansen slammed her hands on the mat in frustration and glared at Max.  Max shrugged and grinned.  “Guess it’s my turn.”  Dansen muttered under her breath and turned away.  “Alright then,” Max said, putting a finger to his face in thought.  “What did you do before you joined up with the Family?”  Dansen rolled her eyes.  “I was a dancer.”  Max chuckled and Dansen whirled around again.  “What’s so funny about that?” 

“Sorry, it’s just, a dancer named Dansen.  Kind of on the nose, isn’t it?” Dansen got back up to her feet as Max went on.  “What kind of dancing did you do?  Ballroom?  Ballet?  Hip Hop?”  He gave a suggestive smile.  “Exotic?”  Dansen returned the smile and went to her stance.  “That will cost you another fall, Brother Max.”  The two resumed their combat, Max blocking Dansen’s strikes.  She delivered a kick that swept his legs out from under him.  Max grunted in pain.  Dansen looked worried down at him.  “Are you alright?” 

“Yeah, yeah.  You just knocked the wind out of me.”  He held up a hand, and Dansen took hold to lift him up.  Only for Max pull and send Dansen falling down to the mat next to him.  He rolled over, pinning her shoulders to the mat, but she quickly reversed and ended up straddling his chest.  Dansen looked at Max with mock disapproval.  “You cheated.”  Max shrugged.  “Can’t say I mind the results.”  Dansen chuckled, then stopped, starring into Max’s face. 

“Is this a private training session or can anybody join in?”  The brash voice interrupted the moment, as Dansen and Max looked to the door to see a man with black hair in robes similar to their own.  Dansen quickly got off of Max and allowed him to stand up.  “I was assisting Brother Max in his self-defense lessons, Brother Jerome,” Dansen said, attempting to regain her composure.  Jerome smirked at her.  “Really?  Didn’t look like he wanted to defend himself, did you, Brother Max?” 

“It’s none of your business either way, Brother Jerome,” said Max defiantly.  Dansen started moving for the door.  “If you would excuse me, brothers, I need to attend to my other duties.”  Jerome roughly grabbed her wrist as she past him.  “Hey, why rush?  I wanna self defense lesson too.” 

“Brother Jerome, let go of me,” Dansen commanded.  Jerome laughed.  “Oh please.  This is why I came to this dump in the first place.”  He turned and winked at Max.  “Some old temple, filled with the strongest, hottest babes on the planet?  It’s like heaven!”  Max took a step forward.  “Let her go.  Now.” 

“Look at you, being all chivalrous,” sneered Jerome.  “You had your fun.  Now let me have mine!”  Dansen delivered a punch to Jerome’s gut, who groaned in pain and released her.  He spun around and snarled at her.  “You’re gonna pay for that, bitch!”  Max grabbed Jerome’s arm to stop him from lunging at Dansen, but Jerome quickly broke his grip before delivering a kick to Max’s knee.  Max fell to the mat, looking up at Jerome moving in to strike another blow.  “Now you’re gonna get it!”

Lorina stormed down the sidewalk as the Geo Metro pulled up to the curb.  She swung the door open as the fat driver turned to look at her.  “Thank you for choosing Lyft.  My name is Hubert.  How are you doing to…” 

“Just shut up!” Lorina snarled.  “Just drive, and don’t talk to me!”  Hubert shrugged and started driving his car down the street.  Lorina sat fuming to herself.  How dare Sybil screw up her party.  It was all her fault.  People always said how weird she was.  Maybe that monkey thing was one of her weird friends.  That was only solution. 

Lorina suddenly noticed that car was slowing down.  “Hey!” she shouted to the driver.  “Albert or Qbert or whatever your name is!  Why are you stopping?  I need to get to the airport now!” 

“Sorry, miss,” he said.  But it looks like there’s a pile up ahead.”  Looking through the front windscreen window, Lorina could see two black SUVs blocking the road.  In front of the vehicles were two men in long brown coats and sunglasses.  They walked along either side of the car, and opened the doors.  “They’re going to rob us!” Lorina screeched.  “Do something!”  Hubert threw his hands over his head.  “Please don’t shoot me!  I don’t have any money!”  The two men simply sat in the backside with Lorina.  “Don’t be alarmed, Miss Dodson,” one of them said smoothly.  “My name is Professor Wyndham, this is my colleague Professor Warren.  We would like to make you an offer.” 

“Listen, mister.  I don’t need to go to college!  Just leave me alone!” 

“We’re not here to offer you a college, Miss Dodson,” Warren said.  “We are here to offer you something much more valuable.”  Lorina looked at the men in confusion.  “You see,” Wyndham explained.  “We know about the terrible incident that took place at your house today.  A disgraceful scene.  All brought about by a certain Sybil Dvorak and her friends.”  Lorina pounded her fist on the armrest.  “I knew it!  I knew she was behind all those freaks at my party!” 

“And I’m sure you would like to get even with her for this betrayal,” Wyndham went on.  “But to truly make them pay, you will be needing power of your own,” chimed in Warren.  “Something that the individuals represent would be more than happy to provide.”  Lorina stared suspiciously at Wyndham.  “How much is this gonna cost me?”  Wyndham shook his head and smiled.  “Oh, it will cost you absolutely nothing, Miss Dodson.  All we ask is that you teach Miss Dvorak and her friends a lesson they will never forget.”  Lorina thought for a moment.  “So you are saying you can give me powers like those weirdos?  And it’s free?”  Wyndham and Warren nodded together.  Lorina clapped her hands and giggled.  “Great!  This’ll be awesome!  Sybby will be so surprised!” 

“Umm, excuse me?”  The three people in the backseat looked at Hubert.  He cleared his throat again.  “Uh, is there any chance I could get powers too?”  Lorina rolled her eyes.  “Puh-lese.  What would a fat slob like you want with powers, anyway?”  Hubert sheepishly shrugged his shoulders.  “I don’t know.  I’ve just always wanted to be a super hero.”  Lorina burst out laughing and Warren snorted.  “This matter does concern you, sir.  I suggest you stick to driving this alleged vehicle of yours.” 

“Now, professor,” interrupted Wyndham, looking thoughtfully at Hubert as their henchmen moved the SUVs out of the way of his car.  “Perhaps our… friend can be of use to us after all.  I’m sure the Headmen and MODOK can find a way.” 

Next Time: You Always Keep Me Guessin’!