Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

August 2021 CBUB Flash Fiction Tournament

Fox

3 minutes ago, Fox said:

Don't take it too hard. 

The reason I run these contests is to give people an incentive to work on their writing skills.

I'm a firm believer in the power of written communication skills and how it can help you in your career and personal life. But you can get rusty at it so it takes practice!

Anyways, you are winning just by writing something. Hope to see you flexing those writing muscles again in the next match.

I admit I am more writing for fun than to the fullest of my abilities. I have become an English Teacher since I first joined these forums so coming in last is a little humbling.

5 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

I admit I am more writing for fun than to the fullest of my abilities. I have become an English Teacher since I first joined these forums so coming in last is a little humbling.

That is super interesting.  Congrats on that, you are serving a noble cause.

You know, I honestly do not remember being given much in the way of creative writing assignments in English class as a student.  But that was a long time ago.

I guess if you are ever looking for a creative writing assignment to hand the students, you could throw a tournament at them. :)

1 minute ago, Fox said:

That is super interesting.  Congrats on that, you are serving a noble cause.

You know, I honestly do not remember being given much in the way of creative writing assignments in English class as a student.  But that was a long time ago.

I guess if you are ever looking for a creative writing assignment to hand the students, you could throw a tournament at them. :)

It would be a lot of 11-15 year olds. That said I have used some prompt ideas when making scenarios for their writing activities. Things like asking them to think of their two favorite villains and putting them in a bake off.

Congratulations on taking top prize, leroypowell.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:38 PM, Twogunkid said:

It would be a lot of 11-15 year olds. That said I have used some prompt ideas when making scenarios for their writing activities. Things like asking them to think of their two favorite villains and putting them in a bake off.

That's pretty cool.

5 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Congratulations on taking top prize, leroypowell.

That's pretty cool.

Middle Schoolers really like creative writing. It really engages them, and I then use it to draw them into classic literature.