Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

Kylo Ren vs. Jacen Solo
MATCH SCORE
Kylo Ren: 2
Jacen Solo: 9

8:7 - Garnet (Steven Universe) vs. Monkey D. Luffy

7 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Peypey, I’ve looked up Relativistic, it is specifically defined as near light speed, as in close to it but not quite it. Speed of Light has it’s own definition remember? And I argued WW is light speed because the VS wiki specifically said Green Lantern attacks are confirmed speed of light attacks, they even mention it under Diana’s speed listing. If they listed Luffy’s dodging the androids blasts as speed of light you might have a point but they don’t.

I have literally never said Luffy is Speed of Light speedwise. I've always said he's relativistic because he can dodge speed of light attacks from a distance when he knows they're coming. 

8 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Then tell me once and for all Peypey, do we consider laser dodges the equivalent of the speed of light or not? Because the fact of the matter is that Garnet did dodge lasers just the same as Luffy did, you can’t just claim one laser is speed of light while the other isn’t, that is not an impartial decision, that’s you having a clear bias for Luffy and being unwilling to apply the same reasoning to other characters.

It depends on the laser, dude. In Star Wars, lasers are incredibly slow, relatively speaking. Someone dodging a Star Wars laser is nowhere near light speed. So no, it's not me being biased towards Luffy. It's me not believing that every laser attack is light speed and applying scrutiny to both laser attacks. Luffy's are stated as light speed, they are generated by someone who is stated to be able to create, control, and become light, and the characters dodge them more consistently, so it follows to me that the characters are approaching light speed. They can react to light speed attacks from a distance, with knowledge that the attacks are coming, thus making them relativistic per the speed tiering on the Vs. Battles wiki,. The Steven Universe crowd, on the other hand, have 1 feat that isn't stated to be light speed, and nothing else even remotely close to a relativistic dodging speed, so it doesn't following that they are relativistic to me. It's not me being "biased." The funny thing is I really don't even like One Piece all that much. I genuinely like One Piece about as much as I like Steven Universe. I think both shows are pretty good, but One Piece just scales higher.

15 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Look, we’re getting off topic, so I’ll just bring back up my original point: Garnet is almost as fast, strong, and tough as Luffy, therefore if she can land a clean hit on his breathing apparatus, which I believe she can, then she will win more often then not. Voting Garnet.

Fair enough, we clearly just disagree on how feats should be interpreted and we're just talking past each other.

I don't believe Garnet can hit his breathing apparatus because his Haki is far more useful in combat than her unreliable precog, Luffy is faster, stronger, and more durable than her, and Luffy's massive range advantage means she really wouldn't even have the chance to get in close to hit his mask anyway. Voting Luffy

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

The Steven Universe crowd, on the other hand, have 1 feat that isn't stated to be light speed, and nothing else even remotely close to a relativistic dodging speed, so it doesn't following that they are relativistic to me. It's not me being "biased."

Pearl regularly shoots lasers out of her spear, and the other Gems nonchalantly dodge them during sparing sessions. Bismuth even specifically calls them lasers:

https://streamable.com/duzi3

Also remember Lapis Lazuri? The Gem that has multiple times flown from Earth to the Gem Homeworld within the span of days? The Gem Homeworld is in another galaxy by the way. Is it really so hard to believe that the Gems have have developed weapons that fire at Relativistic speed, especially considering they’ve mastered light speed travel possible eons before humanity even developed?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Also remember Lapis Lazuri? The Gem that has multiple times flown from Earth to the Gem Homeworld within the span of days? The Gem Homeworld is in another galaxy by the way. Is it really so hard to believe that the Gems have have developed weapons that fire at Relativistic speed, especially considering they’ve mastered light speed travel possible eons before humanity even developed?

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a minute since I've seen the first season, but I don't think we know for sure that Lapis made it to Homeworld of her own accord. She could have been picked up by a ship, she could have landed on another planet or moon with a warp pad, she could have contacted Homeworld some other way and been picked up by a ship that way. 

To address the question more generally though, no, I don't think the travel speed of an individual or group should be compared to their combat speed. Thor is the perfect example of this. He can fly across the universe at unfathomable speeds, but he definitely doesn't fight at massively FTL speeds. 

15 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Pearl regularly shoots lasers out of her spear, and the other Gems nonchalantly dodge them during sparing sessions. Bismuth even specifically calls them lasers:

https://streamable.com/duzi3

We can argue back and forth about the light speed/relativistic thing all day, and I don't really want to do that. Even if we agree that Garnet is relativistic, Luffy is still a tier higher (relativistic+), and as I've said, his Haki is much more effective and consistent in combat than Garnet's precog. Plus, with Luffy's bigger range and rubber body, it would be extremely difficult for Garnet to land a solid hit on Luffy's breathing device

23 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a minute since I've seen the first season, but I don't think we know for sure that Lapis made it to Homeworld of her own accord. She could have been picked up by a ship, she could have landed on another planet or moon with a warp pad, she could have contacted Homeworld some other way and been picked up by a ship that way. 

A lot has happened since the first season. Especially with gem ships who go at top ludicrous speed. 

King Of The Hill Popcorn GIF

I'm over here still saying I don't think Luffy would lose if his breathing apparatus got knocked off. Even if Luffy's poison resistance can't combat the carbon dioxide poisoning, he'd still probably fair better than Garnet with holding his breath or something.

15 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

A lot has happened since the first season. Especially with gem ships who go at top ludicrous speed. 

Maybe I misspoke. I've seen the whole show, the movie, and Future. I just haven't rewatched the first season in a while. I know the ships move at FTL because they're interstellar ships. They have to. But Star Wars ships move at FTL too and the weapons in Star Wars are nowhere near light speed. I'm just saying movement speed =/= combat speed, especially for a space faring civilization

12 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

I'm over here still saying I don't think Luffy would lose if his breathing apparatus got knocked off. Even if Luffy's poison resistance can't combat the carbon dioxide poisoning, he'd still probably fair better than Garnet with holding his breath or something.

It's a good point that 4 minutes for someone moving a relativistic speeds is a very long time

29 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

King Of The Hill Popcorn GIF

How can he told his breath then? Because Pandora would have different rules than his world. Plus, the onslaught of wildlife bigger than him. Something Garnet can handle. She did fight a living island anyway. 

17 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Maybe I misspoke. I've seen the whole show, the movie, and Future. I just haven't rewatched the first season in a while. I know the ships move at FTL because they're interstellar ships. They have to. But Star Wars ships move at FTL too and the weapons in Star Wars are nowhere near light speed. I'm just saying movement speed =/= combat speed, especially for a space faring civilization

Sorry, got the wrong idea. My bad!