Rumble 20574 Vindicator vs. Amelia Voght vs. Bug Pit (King Kong 2005)
MATCH SCORE
Vindicator: 2
Amelia Voght: 1
Bug Pit (King Kong 2005): 1

Tournament - Judge Doom vs. Carnage
MATCH SCORE
Judge Doom: 2
Carnage: 7

Zurg (Lightyear movie) vs. Goliath (Evolve)
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
Goliath (Evolve): 0

Psylocke vs. Danielle Moonstar
MATCH SCORE
Psylocke: 6
Danielle Moonstar: 2

Rumble 20570 Arkin vs. Komodo
MATCH SCORE
Arkin: 0
Komodo: 1

7:8 - Imhotep vs. Freddy Krueger

UMPIRE

7 hours ago, Magnamax said:

Those might be decent reason on their own, but he was on a ticking clock to get to the scorpion king by a certain time. I don’t remember the exact time, but they arrived basically the day of, if he wasted any time then the scorpion king window would have closed. There’s no reason for him to slow down for the O’Connell’s when he rules everything by taking out the Scorpion King. Worth pointing out again that he succeeded and got to the scorpion king first and would have been able to win, had the gods not taken away his powers and there wasn’t a random scorpion king killing scepter in play. 

This is all to say, Imhotep doesn’t really “dick around,” he moves clearly and deliberately towards his goal. His goal was never a o take out Rick, but he was under a clock to do something else. The times he needs to eliminate a group, he does it quickly, this, for example, seems very direct and no messing around:

Also, you may say Freddy learns from his mistakes, but he keeps getting beaten by teenagers that he needs to come back in order to ultimately defeat. I’d say that leaves more room for the mystery gang to give him trouble this time. 

It’s also worth noting that there is nothing the Scooby gang is doing to give Imhotep trouble. He can show up and take them out quickly, see above, Freddy still has to wait for them to be asleep, then go in one at a time. 

Final Argument: The main argument for Imhotep seems to center on how his ancient Egyptian will be able to kill the Scooby gang quickly, but can anyone actually name a time he actually used them to kill an actual main character (not meaningless extras)? He’s had two films to kill off Rick, Evie, Jonathan, or Ardeth and he’s never done so. I know that your arguing that he was in a hurry and needed to reach the temple of the Scorpion King that day, but come on his henchwomen was able to take a five second detour to kill off Evie (she got better), are you really telling me that Imhotep couldn’t also take five seconds to kill Rick, the guy who killed him last movie, the guy who he knows will come after him even harder then before because his main squeeze killed Rick’s wife? Come on dude you know that it wouldn’t have cost him any real time to off Rick while the guy was literally crying over Evie’s body (again she’ll get better). 

Again it comes down to the fact that Imhotep is  far too arrogant and proud to take almost anyone seriously, and the fact is he’ll probably carry this attitude into his confrontation with Mystery Inc., which’ll probably give them plenty of time to escape and plan a way to fight Imhotep. Whether they’ll actually succeed in that endeavor is irrelevant, the main point is that their’s no evidence to suggest Imhotep will have the forethought to try to one shot the gang instantly. 

Freddy Kruger on the other hand has killed two final girls (Nancy Thompson, Kristen Parker), three horror movie survivors (Kincaid, Joey, Dan Jordan) and would have killed Jason freaking Voorhees had he not been interrupted. So in my mind I’m not only seeing Freddy as a more efficient killer, being able to actually kill main characters, but he is also in his fucking elements in this scenario. His entire career has been built on killing hapless teenagers so you know he’ll take to this task far quicker then Imhotep.

I just have to give this to Freddy Kruger, he’s a far more efficient, successful, and smarter killer then Imhotep, and he can actually kill characters with plot armor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I just have to give this to Freddy Kruger, he’s a far more efficient, successful, and smarter killer then Imhotep, and he can actually kill characters with plot armor.

I'm not going to get into everything, but to address the larger point of "he can kill main characters/characters with plot armor," no he can't. He can kill previous main characters sometimes, sure, but the fact that he can kill them at all implies that he can't kill characters with plot armor. If they truly had plot armor, he wouldn't be able to kill them. Horror movies tend to be much more fast and loose with plot armor anyway, as the main character is definitely not guaranteed to survive in them, unlike swashbuckling action-adventure movies, where the main characters are guaranteed to survive

The real problem with this argument is that you're bringing in meta-textual information to prove your point, when stories really can't be read that way to get any meaningful vs. battle conversations out of them. The distinction between "main characters" and "meaningless extra" is a meta element that can't really be considered in fights like this. The reason he didn't kill Rick in the Mummy Returns has been explained. You can say that makes him arrogant or foolish, and to some extent I would agree with you, but it's disingenuous to then extrapolate the fact that Freddy has killed "main characters" before to mean anything significant here. All of Freddy's opponents, for the most part, have been hapless teenagers, and considering the fact that he is frequently defeated by them anyway completely diminishes the fact that he eventually killed them later. And like I said earlier, horror movie protagonists, by and large teenagers who have no real idea what they're up against, are not guaranteed to survive at all, so even if we do bring in meta-textual elements into this, I don't actually think it helps your argument at all. Yes, Freddy does sometimes win, and he kills previous main characters, but the people he kills are all pretty defenseless, and even so, they often outsmart or defeat him anyway, so that's really bad evidence that Freddy would win.

I'm not throwing my weight towards either side of this, for the record. I just want to point out that the "main character" argument really can't and shouldn't be considered for fights like these

In their defense, I'm the one who brought up plot armor. So, I'll get the blame for that. I mentioned that on the account of the O'Connells surviving given their, lack of better term, plot armor status and basically like a moron, didn't kill them up front. 

So I also that applied to the Scooby gang too as the thing to protect them from Imhotep.

• Thanks 1