MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 9
Chun-Li: 3

Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Which characters got the biggest pop boost from the MCU?

5 hours ago, ViceCityMobster86 said:

Any opinions on this subject?

This is a pretty good topic.

Honestly, it's hard to judge in some ways, but I'd probably say Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy are pretty closely tied in that aspect.

Before the MCU movies, only Avengers fans knew or likely cared about Ant-Man, and the Guardians of the Galaxy characters, with some exceptions, barely got any recognition at all.

Post MCU, Guardians characters have now appeared in Marvel vs Capcom games, Avengers games, have their own TV Series, etc., while Ant-Man, once regarded as a C List hero, has drawn in a box office of $622.7 million from his most recent movie, making his obscurity fade rapidly as a result.

6 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

I'd say Ironman, pre 2008 those outside comics didn't really know him that well, now.... well. 

This is the answer. Before 2008, the general public thought Iron Man was a robot, and they had no idea who Tony Stark was. By 2020, they were crying over the fate of this character.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Macklemore said:

How the hell did I manage to reply to something without even reading the thread topic? Sorry about that, that's what I get for solely lurking the activity tab.

It's all good man, but you are right in terms of outside of the MCU, as Blade did get a boost in popularity after the first movie came out.