Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Morrigan Aensland at Wikipedia
Official Site: Capcom

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Ice Planet Hoth

3 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

The VS Battles Wiki says Morrigan is somewhere around the solar system to galaxy destroying level.

I just don't think anyone in this slot is as powerful as her. She's straight up broken.

I'd take everything VS Battles says with a grain of salt. They're good to get a general idea of a character but most of the things aren't thought through before they're made into a page on that website.

Unfortunately, this time they're right. Defeating Pyron would make Morrigan star level due to the sheer size of Pyron, who wears planets as rings.

Saying that Morrigan is more powerful than Pyron just because she beat him is like saying the Fantastic Four are more powerful than Galactus because they beat him sometimes. It also doesn't consider that it's possibly Morrigan's magic just doesn't discriminate by power level and that's how she beat him, kind of like how he can be absorbed by a random vampire who is clearly not planetary in power (otherwise how would anyone stand in his way, and if they can, how are they not destroying AT LEAST Earth when they fight).

We have a fairly solid basis for Ryu's physicals to be planetary (if we want to scale to Asura), but very little to say Morrigan actually beats him through them.

23 minutes ago, corvette1710 said:

Saying that Morrigan is more powerful than Pyron just because she beat him is like saying the Fantastic Four are more powerful than Galactus because they beat him sometimes. It also doesn't consider that it's possibly Morrigan's magic just doesn't discriminate by power level and that's how she beat him, kind of like how he can be absorbed by a random vampire who is clearly not planetary in power (otherwise how would anyone stand in his way, and if they can, how are they not destroying AT LEAST Earth when they fight).

We have a fairly solid basis for Ryu's physicals to be planetary (if we want to scale to Asura), but very little to say Morrigan actually beats him through them.

We do not have a solid basis for Ryu's physicals being planetary. I don't even think the Asura interaction is canon, and the scale of that feat blows even Akuma completely out of the water. As you say who could even stand in his way if he were that much more powerful than everyone else. He would literally be able to flick Akuma away

5 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

The VS Battles Wiki says Morrigan is somewhere around the solar system to galaxy destroying level.

I just don't think anyone in this slot is as powerful as her. She's straight up broken.

I played Morrigan in in arcades in the 90's.  When I approved her I thought she was another cool Dark Stalkers character that cost a quarter to play. 

News to me she's some kind of Galactus Level world eating threat.

i tried michelle tanner GIFi tried GIF

8 minutes ago, corvette1710 said:

Anyway the real argument I'm making is that it doesn't matter at all how powerful Morrigan is when Ryu is very clearly the main character here, and therefore she is destined to lose. The power of being the protagonist has never failed.

That, and power levels don't mean s*** when it's just a 2D fighter. Combos are all that matter.

22 minutes ago, Fox said:

I played Morrigan in in arcades in the 90's.  When I approved her I thought she was another cool Dark Stalkers character that cost a quarter to play. 

News to me she's some kind of Galactus Level world eating threat.

When I picked her for my team it was just because she matched the Babe theme I was going for. The only things I knew about her were her name and appearance.

I was then informed I accidentally picked a super powerful, universal threat.

Thankfully she's not in the same category as John Wick, hate to see her lose to him.

14 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

That, and power levels don't mean s*** when it's just a 2D fighter. Combos are all that matter.

I honestly thought 2D fighter game combos would be what we would be discussing in this slot.