Slot: The Team's Greatest Liability
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter at Wikipedia
Official Site: Australia Zoo

Battle Terrain
Suicide Hotline Operator

Heh, Whitmore saw the U.S. through an alien invasion. He's got this.

Some of the callers might just want to choke Irwin. :D 

• Haha 1

It doesn't say they have to be a suicide hotline operator in America, so there's no reason to assume Irwin would be abnormal to any of them. Also, if you've ever called a suicide hotline you would know that giving an over-the-top speech like the Independence Day dude does is the literal opposite of what they do. They are (ideally) calm, collected, and down-to-earth, much more like Irwin. Irwin gets the easy win here honestly

1 minute ago, Fox said:

Hum... who would I rather talk to when I'm feeling down?  A politician or a dude who wrestles dangerous animals.

Probably the dude who wrestles dangerous animals.   Just sayin'.

Steve Irwin was also just such a positive force. He exuded happiness, it was infectious.

I don't know, I'm in the President's corner. He could make me feel so motivated and get me out of my own head.

Plus, if we are going for a wider audience, there are a lot of people who don't like Irwin. Those that said he wasn't good to people as he was to animals. Or the people that disagree with caging animals and whatnot. I can't think of anybody who dislikes Whitmore.

Just my two cents. Great match.

Just now, SSJRuss said:

I don't know, I'm in the President's corner. He could make me feel so motivated and get me out of my own head.

Plus, if we are going for a wider audience, there are a lot of people who don't like Irwin. Those that said he wasn't good to people as he was to animals. Or the people that disagree with caging animals and whatnot. I can't think of anybody who dislikes Whitmore.

Just my two cents. Great match.

It's not like they know it's Steve Irwin. They don't have to tell you who they are on the other end. And again, you're not supposed to "motivate" the people when they call in. You're supposed to ask them how they are, if they're safe, if they have someone they can go to, etc. If you try to motivate them with a rousing speech and they're genuinely on the edge, that's literally the last thing they want to hear. They don't want a lecture, they don't want to be told how exceptional or important they are in a grand sense, they want to be heard and helped. I think Irwin's personality would be much better for getting a genuine connection, and therefore would be far more effective. Whether or not he was mean to people is immaterial, because this would undeniably be "stage Steve Irwin." He would be putting on his best act 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

It's not like they know it's Steve Irwin. They don't have to tell you who they are on the other end. And again, you're not supposed to "motivate" the people when they call in. You're supposed to ask them how they are, if they're safe, if they have someone they can go to, etc. If you try to motivate them with a rousing speech and they're genuinely on the edge, that's literally the last thing they want to hear. They don't want a lecture, they don't want to be told how exceptional or important they are in a grand sense, they want to be heard and helped. I think Irwin's personality would be much better for getting a genuine connection, and therefore would be far more effective. Whether or not he was mean to people is immaterial, because this would undeniably be "stage Steve Irwin." He would be putting on his best act 

Strong point. I've never called a hot line so I've got no experience there. And you are probably right that it would be 'stage Steve Irwin'.

As long as Steve doesn't relate all your problems to animals... he has a solid chance lol

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

It's not like they know it's Steve Irwin. 

I'm gonna be honest here, I think this is the one thing that's pulling me to vote for him. Having people call into a suicide hotline operator and finding out Steve Irwin on the other side of the call, who a lot of people find to be their hero, they might actually smile at the thought. I do agree that the president is far too grandiose for this thing, but not only does Steve Irwin have what you said going for him I believe he has more of a presence if anyone does find out who is behind the phone. My two cents.