Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Brightburn at Wikipedia
Official Site: Sony Pictures

Battle Terrain
Target: Ash Williams

11 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Both could kill him, but Brightburn could probably find him faster.

People have scaled Castlevania Dracula to stupidly high levels of power. If that's the case, and he finds Brightburn before Brightburn finds Ash, I think Dracula could probably slap him down and then kill Ash at his leisure. Not saying that would happen, as Dracula usually just kinda chills in his throne room, but we know he can usually teleport, and presumably in this scenario he would actively be trying to kill Ash. Neither combatant has the tools to kill Dracula, so I think he's got a shot here

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

People have scaled Castlevania Dracula to stupidly high levels of power. If that's the case, and he finds Brightburn before Brightburn finds Ash, I think Dracula could probably slap him down and then kill Ash at his leisure. Not saying that would happen, as Dracula usually just kinda chills in his throne room, but we know he can usually teleport, and presumably in this scenario he would actively be trying to kill Ash. Neither combatant has the tools to kill Dracula, so I think he's got a shot here

That "Scaling" is so obnoxiously stupid that I can't even bother to take it as fact. The fact that some people think Simon's whip cracks are universe+ level solely cause Dracula has, like, a star in his castle means nothing to me. But, you are right about Brightburn being at a disadvantage when coming up against a teleporter. Unfortunately, Dracula teleports extremely slow and it's like a few meters at most. Do we have any idea of how his teleport works outside of the game? Or is it all just contained within boss fights.

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

That "Scaling" is so obnoxiously stupid that I can't even bother to take it as fact. The fact that some people think Simon's whip cracks are universe+ level solely cause Dracula has, like, a star in his castle means nothing to me. But, you are right about Brightburn being at a disadvantage when coming up against a teleporter. Unfortunately, Dracula teleports extremely slow and it's like a few meters at most. Do we have any idea of how his teleport works outside of the game? Or is it all just contained within boss fights.

Those scalings are pretty dumb lol. Do we know exactly how fast Brightburn was? I don't remember off the top of my head, but if the Netflix Dracula is canon, he's pretty damn fast there as well. I have no idea about his teleportation

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Those scalings are pretty dumb lol. Do we know exactly how fast Brightburn was? I don't remember off the top of my head, but if the Netflix Dracula is canon, he's pretty damn fast there as well. I have no idea about his teleportation

He's at the very least faster than the eye can see and in the end he carries his mom high up into the stratosphere in several seconds.

I have been watching these matches with Brightburn and I've noticed something off about it.

I feel like the Brightburn character is not being evaluated as a Horror Character but is generally evaluated like a Superman / Comic character.

Sure enough, I look him up and he's listed in SCI-FI.  Not Horror.  This slot was intended to be a character from the Horror category, specifically.

Ah well, my bad for not checking it out more in the review process.

EDIT: Also, the version of Dracula here is from the Games category.

1 minute ago, Fox said:

I have been watching these matches with Brightburn and I've noticed something off about it.

I feel like the Brightburn character is not being evaluated as a Horror Character but is generally evaluated like a Superman / Comic character.

Sure enough, I look him up and he's listed in SCI-FI.  Not Horror.  This slot was intended to be a character from the Horror category, specifically.

So what I'm hearing is that Pennywise gets a free win because he was in the wrong category during their fight?

9 minutes ago, Fox said:

EDIT: Also, the version of Dracula here is from the Games category.

I apologize on that, as I submitted Brightburn under Sci-Fi, rather than Horror, but his movie is a mixture of both genres in a lot of ways.

Personally, one could argue for him being a horror character, in the sense that he does not only kill but terrify people in a way fairly similar to other horror villains.

Granted he's no slasher villain, or wise cracker like Freddy, but he operates in a similar sense to the other villains, I put him in Sci-Fi however, because he kind of fit that category better than Horror, due to his alien nature, which is kind of a grey area for horror anyway, Aliens, Species, and Critters, are movies whose characters could fit either and both categories by themselves.

4 minutes ago, Z451 said:

I apologize on that, as I submitted Brightburn under Sci-Fi, rather than Horror, but his movie is a mixture of both genres in a lot of ways.

Personally, one could argue for him being a horror character, in the sense that he does not only kill but terrify people in a way fairly similar to other horror villains.

Granted he's no slasher villain, or wise cracker like Freddy, but he operates in a similar sense to the other villains, I put him in Sci-Fi however, because he kind of fit that category better than Horror, due to his alien nature, which is kind of a grey area for horror anyway, Aliens, Species, and Critters, are movies whose characters could fit either and both categories by themselves.

Brightburn, the film, is listed on IMDB as Horror film.

Should have been put in Horror, then.

11 minutes ago, Fox said:

Brightburn, the film, is listed on IMDB as Horror film.

Should have been put in Horror, then.

I'm sorry, it was my flub, I'll  be more conscientious about these matters from now on :(.

51 minutes ago, Z451 said:

I'm sorry, it was my flub, I'll  be more conscientious about these matters from now on :(.

25 minutes ago, Hugo Fowl said:

Ah shit. That's my bad. Sorry Fox.

No worries guys.  I need to be a better reviewer also.

Next season!

Weird. When I was putting my team together, I thought I saw Brightburn in the Horror category. 😕

The more I look into it, the more I think Brightburn is just too fast. If it were a straight up fight I actually think Dracula would have a good chance of wearing him down because Brightburn seemingly can't really kill him, and Dracula himself is stronger than any opponent Brightburn has ever fought by a wide margin, but Dracula can't really stop Brightburn from just flying away if they get into a fight. I wonder if Brightburn, in character, would be likely to stand his ground and fight Dracula? I know most vampires have some kind of hypnosis, but does Castlevania Dracula have anything to that effect? I feel like Dracula has a few ways he could win but I'm really just not sure

32 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I wonder if Brightburn, in character, would be likely to stand his ground and fight Dracula?

Definitely. He's seen taking on an airplane and bringing down an entire building in the ending for Brightburn, so I don't think he'll be that scared by a larger-than-life man.