MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

The Loser's Club Pt. 2- Shrek vs. King Bowser

SSJRuss

The Loser’s Club

Part 2

--In the locker room of the Grand Cross-Galactic Budokai Tenkaichi Arena--

M.Bison’s grip tightened around Vin’s neck, pushing her further into the crumbled heep of a locker.

"Game over-" blood spilled from his grin. He held his side with his other hand where Vin's coin had struck him. He wasn't sure how she could move metal, and he didn't care. She was dead.

Vin gagged a faint breath as Bison braced himself to finish the job.

That was until Shrek's pair of tree trunk-like arms wrapped themselves around Bison's head.

Shrek, who'd been tossed around for the last minute and a half by Bison, finally got the upper hand and reared Bison off of Vin.

He pulled him back a few paces, holding him with massive ogre strength. But Bison did not submit. He sent fist and elbows to Shrek's face and midsection. Little by little, his hold loosened giving Bison leverage to escape.

In desperation, Shrek let out his ogre roar. Bison broke the hold but being so close, he absorbed much of the sound.

"GAHHH!" M.Bison reached for his ears as they started to bleed.

Shrek fell backwards after his roar, but used the back wall to steady himself. The struggle had exhausted him, but he wasn't about to give up. Before he could go at Bison any further, the doors of the locker room busted open.

In quick succession, arena security separated the three of them and cuffed them with energy binders. It took five guards to stop the fight.

"And stay out!" The security officer shouted at the trio as they were forcibly removed from the arena grounds.

They stumbled past the open gate as it slammed shut behind them.

"Well…" Shrek said, speaking to himself instead of the others. He was trying to gather his thoughts on what just happened.

Security had come, but the rest of it was a blur. He wasn't in any pain from the fight and his proper clothes replaced the towel that was at his waist. How'd they do that without him noticing?

Shrek turned to others, "How 'bout lunch?" He decided it was better to just to forget the whole ordeal and make friendly.

He could see M.Bison, in full garb and cape, walking down the street already. And the girl, Vin, took out a coin and dropped it to the ground. She suddenly sprang into the air, leaving Shrek behind.

Now he was alone. And the city before him was massive. Bigger than anything he'd ever seen, with more lights and people than he'd ever seen. Honestly, he couldn't look away.

There were humans and children, animals that were like people and animals like pets. Strange looking people with odd colors. And they all mingled together on the street, in shops and in vehicles.

Shrek had the feeling he wasn't going to stand out here.

With little choice, he decided to venture out into the city.

Verse City, a name he read on several screens and buildings. Strange name for a place, but no stranger than that arena he supposed.

Walking down the concrete road told him more about this place. A stack of papers being pulled from the back of a truck read, 'Verse City Gazette' with the headline, 'Pop Culture Icon Apollo Creed Runs for District Mayor!' Before he could read more, two people grabbed a newspaper each.

"So why don't you just tell her how you feel?" said the blue skinned avian to an upright wolf companion.

"It's not so easy, Garrus. We're not even the same species-" the upright wolf responded.

They walked past Shrek who was eavesdropping.

"That's the best part. Me and this woman, Terra--" the one called Garrus responded back. The rest of his words drowned out by the roar of a siren somewhere.

This world was too stimulating.

The growl of his stomach became another distraction. "Oh boy, really?" When was the last time he ate? At home?

Fiona!

Shrek searched his person for the check that the arena clerk gave him. His hands turned up empty. He must have dropped it in the locker room…

He turned towards the arena gate, it was impossibly tall. No way he was getting back in there. But he needed a way home somehow.

Shrek ran over to the duo with the newspaper, catching their attention with a green hand on their shoulders.

"Excuse me, sorry. Do either of you, um, gentlemen happen to know how I can get home? I'm not from here."

Garrus and the wolf man looked at him confused, but spoke with a casual demeanor. "No problem, most of us aren't. There are vortex points that take people to and from the city. There are access points every couple of blocks to portal you home."

"Thank…you?" Despite his confusion, Shrek carried along in the direction Garrus pointed him.

He walked down two streets and passed many strange buildings names until he found a corner that read 'Central Manhattan Vortex' and underneath it 'Access Point XC.52'

He went inside only to be turned away a few minutes later. Can't use the portal without money. Shrek gave the employees a piece of his mind, but he walked away before causing too much of a scene. Last thing he wanted was a fight.

Instead, he continued further into the city. If he can get some quick cash, he'd be back home in no time.

Looking for options, he found two wanted signs across the street from each other.

'Henchmen Wanted!' Tryouts Today!'

'Hiring now for Mr. Clean's Cleaning Crew! Looking for hard working citizens!'

Shrek met eyes with a bald white guy standing outside the cleaning crew sign. The guy, apparently called Mr. Clean, smiled and thumbed toward the inside of his shop. His eyes alone were enough to make Shrek uncomfortable.

Shrek decided that he wanted none of that, and turned inside the door with the other wanted sign.

"Bwah-ha!" A gutteral laugh shook Shrek as he entered.

The room was large. Strange characters littered the place with quite a few of them unconscious on the floor. They surrounded the middle where a raised wrestling ring stood. A hulking turtle creature was alone in the ring, bellowing.

"None of you are fit to lick my boots, much less compete against Mario!"

"Um, hello?" Shrek said, speaking over the group. "Wondering if you would lend an ogre a favor? Need some money for that portal thing--"

"You!" The beast in the wrestling ring leaned over the ropes, pointing directly at Shrek. "Get in here! If you want money, you gotta earn it!"

Shrek was intimidated by this guy. It was rare he met people his size… or bigger. But to get home to Fiona, he'd have to bite the bullet.

"Alright I'll knock ya one. And when I do, I'm heading back home. And you're paying for it!"

Shrek shoulder bumped every guy on his way to the ring. He pulled his way up, slid through the ropes and stood toe-to-toe with the big guy. He could feel the intense heat coming from this guy's grin.

"Kick his ass, Bowser!" Someone in the crowd said.

Bowser chuckles. "When I knock you down, you'll be standing back up as my henchmen!"

Shrek cracked his knuckles, "We'll be seeing about that."

Shrek vs Bowser - Wrestling ring brawl, no interference, no power ups. Loser has to either be knocked out or submit.

Part 1https://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32668-match-14713-shrek-and-vin-vs-general-mbison/

6 hours ago, OMFG said:

Agreed, still be funny though!

Shrek's fart vs Bowser fireball?

Idk guys. Wouldn't you say they have similar punching power? Plus, Shrek is clearly more experienced in a wrestling scenario than Bowser. Shrek can pick up Bowser and slam him.

8 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Idk guys. Wouldn't you say they have similar punching power? Plus, Shrek is clearly more experienced in a wrestling scenario than Bowser. Shrek can pick up Bowser and slam him.

No. Bowser is a lot stronger and more durable, and depending on the version, he's a lot bigger too. His size tends to change a lot. Just by running into massive brick blocks, he shatters them, and he doesn't even slow down, He regularly breaks bricks and stone with his bear hands, not to mention his claws would give him a lot of extra striking power. His shell means that Shrek can only approach him from the front really, severely limiting his options. Bowser is also surprisingly athletic for a big turtle. He can jump probably dozens of feet in the air with ease. He can easily support not only his own weight, but the weight of the seven Koopalings as well.  He  catches and tosses away a giant metal yoshi egg, which was previously shown to easily shatter large several large stone pillars in a row. None of this is even mentioning his fire or his magic. The most impressive strength feats for Shrek that I can find aren't nearly as strong. He's moved around large boulders with relative easy, held off a bunch of knights for a little while, and breaks through a wall.  This last feat is especially telling to me. Not only would Bowser be able to easily do that with one claw swipe, he could probably do it just be running into the wall and it wouldn't even slow down his stride. Bowser's just way out of Shrek's league.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

No. Bowser is a lot stronger and more durable, and depending on the version, he's a lot bigger too. His size tends to change a lot. Just by running into massive brick blocks, he shatters them, and he doesn't even slow down, He regularly breaks bricks and stone with his bear hands, not to mention his claws would give him a lot of extra striking power. His shell means that Shrek can only approach him from the front really, severely limiting his options. Bowser is also surprisingly athletic for a big turtle. He can jump probably dozens of feet in the air with ease. He can easily support not only his own weight, but the weight of the seven Koopalings as well.  He  catches and tosses away a giant metal yoshi egg, which was previously shown to easily shatter large several large stone pillars in a row. None of this is even mentioning his fire or his magic. The most impressive strength feats for Shrek that I can find aren't nearly as strong. He's moved around large boulders with relative easy, held off a bunch of knights for a little while, and breaks through a wall.  This last feat is especially telling to me. Not only would Bowser be able to easily do that with one claw swipe, he could probably do it just be running into the wall and it wouldn't even slow down his stride. Bowser's just way out of Shrek's league.

Well researched, friend. I see you make some points. And not that it matters a whole lot but this Bowser is only a bit taller than Shrek, maybe closer to a foot taller.

Bowser's fire won't do much here. Shrek will likely stay close to him and avoid it. Even so, his roar or fart can stop the fire in it's tracks. Hell, his fart alone will stagger Bowser and leave him open. Shrek's strength should serve him just fine. He tosses Donkey around and he's anywhere between 200 and 1000 lbs. I don't think his striking power is as impressive as Bowser's but that won't matter either if he can't hit him. Shrek is nimble and knows the basics of wrestling, he could use that to his advantage. Maybe put him in a chokehold and burb in his face?

I'm convinced it's not a blow out. Bowser could win in a lot of ways but Shrek has more flexibility and smarts in terms of combat. Bowser ain't the brightest and we've seen that plenty of times.

Another good set-up, Russ. This arc is turning out to be pretty entertaining. :) 

As for the match, I still don't know a lot about Shrek's abilities, but I think it's lucky for him Bowser is his size for this match-up. Until the NSMB games came around, Bowser just seemed to get bigger with each Mario adventure. In fact, in Super Mario Sunshine, he was damn near as big as a house.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Well researched, friend. I see you make some points. And not that it matters a whole lot but this Bowser is only a bit taller than Shrek, maybe closer to a foot taller.

Bowser's fire won't do much here. Shrek will likely stay close to him and avoid it. Even so, his roar or fart can stop the fire in it's tracks. Hell, his fart alone will stagger Bowser and leave him open. Shrek's strength should serve him just fine. He tosses Donkey around and he's anywhere between 200 and 1000 lbs. I don't think his striking power is as impressive as Bowser's but that won't matter either if he can't hit him. Shrek is nimble and knows the basics of wrestling, he could use that to his advantage. Maybe put him in a chokehold and burb in his face?

I'm convinced it's not a blow out. Bowser could win in a lot of ways but Shrek has more flexibility and smarts in terms of combat. Bowser ain't the brightest and we've seen that plenty of times.

I agree that Bowser's fire wouldn't do much, in fact Shrek specifically has countered fire attacks before, so he wouldn't have to worry about that too much. However, I think your range for Donkey's weight is way to big. While it's possible some donkeys might weight up to 1,000 pounds, there's no way in hell Donkey does. He's not an especially big donkey. According to a chart in this Quora question, he's 4 feet tall, minus the ears. With that in mind, he likely weighs a bit over 375-400 pounds, bearing in mind that these calculations are done at that shoulder and that Donkey doesn't seem to be obese for a donkey. casually throwing 375 pounds that high is undoubtedly impressive, don't get me wrong. You've got some good points, and I'll say I don't think it's a stomp match. As you say, Bowser isn't that smart. But Bowser is that strong. He's consistently crushed, smashed through, and lifted things which Shrek has struggled to match. Again, Bowser regularly smashes through stone and brick, and in the earlier linked gif, Shrek took several hits to break through a wall that was either dirt or very thin stone. I agree that I may have undersold Shrek a bit at the beginning, but Shrek isn't gonna win this one. Bowser's strength advantage is too great

5 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I agree that Bowser's fire wouldn't do much, in fact Shrek specifically has countered fire attacks before, so he wouldn't have to worry about that too much. However, I think your range for Donkey's weight is way to big. While it's possible some donkeys might weight up to 1,000 pounds, there's no way in hell Donkey does. He's not an especially big donkey. According to a chart in this Quora question, he's 4 feet tall, minus the ears. With that in mind, he likely weighs a bit over 375-400 pounds, bearing in mind that these calculations are done at that shoulder and that Donkey doesn't seem to be obese for a donkey. casually throwing 375 pounds that high is undoubtedly impressive, don't get me wrong. You've got some good points, and I'll say I don't think it's a stomp match. As you say, Bowser isn't that smart. But Bowser is that strong. He's consistently crushed, smashed through, and lifted things which Shrek has struggled to match. Again, Bowser regularly smashes through stone and brick, and in the earlier linked gif, Shrek took several hits to break through a wall that was either dirt or very thin stone. I agree that I may have undersold Shrek a bit at the beginning, but Shrek isn't gonna win this one. Bowser's strength advantage is too great

So... It's a draw 🤣🤣

But seriously, I see your argument. I concede that Bowser is stronger. Shrek will need luck and wit to win.

I like this match-up. Very fair. I think it'd be cool to have Shrek run a gauntlet of Bowser minions then have to face the boss. I want to see a Shy Guy fight Shrek in addition to this. I think Bowser wins. Would be interesting to see Shrek have to report to a Goomba. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Confession FPT said:

I like this match-up. Very fair. I think it'd be cool to have Shrek run a gauntlet of Bowser minions then have to face the boss. I want to see a Shy Guy fight Shrek in addition to this. I think Bowser wins. Would be interesting to see Shrek have to report to a Goomba. 

Oh I imagine he'd hate to work under Bowser. Shrek just out here doin what he got to do to get back to his swamp.

We are all Shrek.

• Like 1

It will probably have to be a knockout. Shrek's got a powerful motivation and Bowser's a persistent bastard. And unless this is one of the Galaxy Bowsers, which it clearly is not, neither one is really powerful enough to make the other fear for their life, based on past encounters.

Bowser's clearly got the physical tools for winning a war of attrition. Horns, spikes, his claws actually seem to be more for utility than offense, given he still makes use of rather human like knuckles despite them, but a bear's claws aren't designed to rend flesh either and no one likes getting hit by those. What I would give Shrek is dexterity and mobility, on account of his familiarity with both wrestling and the ring, Bowser is more of a fortress and battlefield type guy...Paper Bowser has some combat sport experience but again, this clearly isn't Paper Bowser.

Anyway, physically I have to say Bowser's advantages are greater than Shrek's, but I suppose Shrek could beat Bowser the same way Mario does. I suppose Shrek might be able to find a pattern and exploit mistakes. His biggest problem is that it's going to have to be knockout rather than ring out, but I suppose depending on how much cheating he can get away with he might be able to choke Bowser on the ropes, or with the ropes if undoes one, which he should be strong enough to do. I guess the possibility of cheating means Bowser could bite, but that's still out of character for him unless it's Super Smash Bros Melee Bowser(and again, this Bowser isn't a model placed on a table top by a glove...there are a LOT of Bowsers aren't there? It's been so long since I was on CBUB I haven't thought about characters in this manner for a while)

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 6:55 AM, Buzz Line said:

I suppose Shrek could beat Bowser the same way Mario does. I suppose Shrek might be able to find a pattern and exploit mistakes.

This is something I hadn't thought of but it makes sense. Mario shouldn't be able to beat Bowser but he always seems to.

4 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

This is something I hadn't thought of but it makes sense. Mario shouldn't be able to beat Bowser but he always seems to.

While that is true, Mario is physically superior to Shrek in just about every way. He's faster, he can jump higher, he's small, more nimble, and quick, and he's probably stronger too. Also, he almost always wins by some outside interference. He uses bombs, the falling castle bridge, lava, and a plethora of other tricks. He very rarely if ever is able to just overpower Bowser