MATCH SCORE
Bazooka: 0
Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Rumble 14725 Predator vs. T-1000 (Terminator)

This is an argument my co-workers and I got into at work the other day, and I wanted to see what the consensus on here would be. Assume the events of Terminator 2, but instead of a t-800 or T-850 or whatever it was, they send a Predator back to defend John Conner instead. Let's say it's the Predator from the first movie. Or any particular predator of your choice, as long as it's not like the most powerful, well-equipped Predator. The Predator will work with John, and can communicate with him as effectively as the Terminator could. Also assume that John and Sarah would be willing to work with the Predator, and wouldn't just run away because it's a gross alien. Could the predator keep John Conner alive? Could it find a way to kill the T-1000?

About the only weapon the average Yautja carries that can take out a T-1000 in one shot is the self-destruct device. Otherwise, unless the Yautja is carrying one of its other types of explosives, or unless it can somehow lure the T-1000 into another extreme heat scenario, the T-1000 is going to eventually wear the Yautja down for the kill. 

4 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

About the only weapon the average Yautja carries that can take out a T-1000 in one shot is the self-destruct device. Otherwise, unless the Yautja is carrying one of its other types of explosives, or unless it can somehow lure the T-1000 into another extreme heat scenario, the T-1000 is going to eventually wear the Yautja down for the kill. 

To play devil's advocate, while that is true, that's one more OHKO weapon than the T-800 had. I also should have mentioned that the Predator would have the same knowledge of its opponent as the T-800 at the beginning, so it understands its opponent

58 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

To play devil's advocate, while that is true, that's one more OHKO weapon than the T-800 had. I also should have mentioned that the Predator would have the same knowledge of its opponent as the T-800 at the beginning, so it understands its opponent

Just because he knows what he's dealing with doesn't mean he'll beat him? I'm not 100% sure haha. Didn't T-1000 have to fall into lava/molten metal to lose? Maybe the Predator can lure him in?

So if Predator knows about the T-1000, I think he has a better chance of winning than ol'Arny did.

He has camouflage that gives him a leg up on hiding from the T-1000. It's likely these two will only encounter each other two or three times before it's over anyway. The plasma cannon will be effective holding off the T-1000 until he can use acid or lava to finish the job.

Does T-1000 have knowledge about the Predator though? That would change things.

To be clear, Yautja do have other explosives at their disposal that could do the job. It's just not certain that just any Predator carries all these types of bombs.

The question is, as mentioned, does the T-1000 know anything about this specific Yautja?

If this Predator had knowledge about the T-1000 beforehand, before going into fight, I would say that he would have a chance at winning. However if the Predator doesn't & just goes all in I would say that perhaps the T-1000 would get the advantage over this alien.