Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Rumble 20548 Maui (Moana) vs. Skar King
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

Tournament - The Minions vs. Mini-Me

OMFG

Minions, they have been around for far longer than we have. They have many different names, like Steve, Phillip, and Bob. They all share a common goal, to serve the most despicable boss they could find.

Today they find themselves inside the secret lair of one Dr. Evil, bald super villain, and quite despicable.

"Dr. Evil, we seemed to have found these three little...creatures running around the base" Number 2 explains, fidgeting at his eye patch.

The 3 minons, began to hop up and down at the mention of the word "Evil", it seems like their goal of finding a boss has come to a close.

"Boss, boss, boss!!" They chant in unison, dancing around, adding more confusion to the situation.

"Just what the heck are you little things?" Dr Evil asks the 3 minions at the foot of his super evil planning table.

"Boss, boss!" The chants become louder.

"Calm down you frigging suppositories!" The evil Dr shouts, still confused as how they managed to get past his defenses. While seemingly harmless, the Minions must be quite clever.

"Scree!!" From behind the doctor, a small figure lashed out at the minions, fueled by jealousy. Quickly however, he's pulled back by the leash attached to his little collar

"Heel Mini-Me! Bad boy! Heel!"

Whimpering, Mini-Me climbed down from the table, and returned to his highchair. The seeds of jealousy however, have already been planted in his mini mind.

"You little rascal, you know I love you don't you? Daddy loves you" Pulling out a Twinkie from his front pocket, he feeds Mini-Me, calming him down...for now.

Steve points at the twinkie, obviously intrigued "Banana?"

"So...what are we to do with them?" Number 2 asks, turning to Dr. Evil
"Do we throw them into the shark tank?"

"No...they want to serve me...and I have something quite...evil in mind" Pinky extended to his lips, the Dr scans the minions up and down.

"You three are going to break into the World Bank...just like you broke into here and steal 100 trillion dollars!!"

The room is silent for a minute, until everyone breaks into a synchronized diabolical laugh. The minions, confused start to laugh as well. The only one not laughing however, is Mini-Me, silently contemplating on how to take down his 3 new rivals.

That night, the minions are a enjoying a banquet of bananas, preparing for the heist. Above them however, Mini-Me opens up the A/C duct, and begins to lower himself into the room.

Armed with nun-chucks, he is determined to defeat the Minions before they gain any favor from his master.

Going with my man Mini-me on this one. I don't know what the minions feats are so not sure what they can do against him.

This was funny and seemed like an obvious matchup to me. Good job.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bergy_Berg said:

I fucking love it.

Also, I realize I never looked outside of the comics characters in the database. There were a lot of available characters I missed.

Yeah there's a lot of characters nobody's used before. We could do this theme for the rest of the year and still not run out.

2 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

I fucking love it.

Also, I realize I never looked outside of the comics characters in the database. There were a lot of available characters I missed.

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

Yeah there's a lot of characters nobody's used before. We could do this theme for the rest of the year and still not run out.

Yeah like SSJ said, we posted a list of like 50+ unused characters from different sources (Comics, Video Games, TV) in the tournament thread. There's so many unused, especially the new ones that are added daily.

Heh, interesting match-up, OMFG. How many Minions are in this match, BTW?

Without having seen either the Despicable Me or the Austin Powers films, I'm not really certain of Mini-Me's or the Minions' full capabilities, but after doing some research, it appears Mini-Me is stronger (and not just because he's like dozens of times bigger than any of the Minions) while the Minions might have a few more resources at their disposal.

25 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

How many Minions are in this match, BTW?

On 7/12/2020 at 4:10 PM, OMFG said:

The 3 minons, began to hop up and down at the mention of the word "Evil", it seems like their goal of finding a boss has come to a close.

The only one not laughing however, is Mini-Me, silently contemplating on how to take down his 3 new rivals.

"You three are going to break into the World Bank...just like you broke into here and steal 100 trillion dollars!!"

The world may never know.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, DSkillz said:

..appears Mini-Me is stronger (and not just because he's like dozens of times bigger than any of the Minions) while the Minions might have a few more resources at their disposal.

I'm confused where'd you get that from? Minions are around 2 - 2.5 feet tall. Verne Troyer (Mini-Me actor) is 2 ft 8, not all that much taller.

Your setup was mini, funny, and in character while having mini funny in character characters.

I give it 4* with the only downside being I'd have like to see a tad more emphasis on emotion.

Very well done.

This is a great match with two characters that I am surprised were un-used.  It is the kind of match I was hoping folks would find combing through the Character DB.

The set-up is well presented with clear motivations and amusing characters.  Nice job.

missed you welcome back GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCmuATH2yzo

Hah, I missed out on the Minions' heights, my bad. :D Blame it on me trying to read and analyze in the wee hours of the morning. 

But yeah, since the Minions are all of similar height to Mini-Me, they might just take this one due to sheer numbers and resources.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2
CBUB Member : 5 Stars
CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2
CBUB Match Judge : 5 Stars x 2

FPA Calculation:
3 + 4 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 7 Total Votes
( (3 * 5) + (4 * 4) + (0 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 31 Total Stars Score
31 / 7 = 4.43 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE
The Minions: 5