Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

June 2020 CBUB Tournament Official Rules

Fox

The Nutshell Version:

Create at least three rated tournament matches in June for other CBUB members to read and rate. 

Player with the highest rating score at the end of the month wins the tournament and prize.

The Full Version:

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.

The "CBUB June Challenge Tournament" is sponsored by Electric Ferret ("Sponsor").  This contest is governed by these official rules ("Official Rules").  

By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the contest,
as determined by Sponsor and its agents, are final in all respects.

The contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.

ELIGIBILITY
The Contest is open to legal residents of their respective countries where not prohibited by law, who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry who have Internet access and a valid e-mail account.

Must be a registered member of CBUB Forums in order to create the CBUB matches to be judged for merit in the contest.

Sponsor has the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant.

TOURNAMENT CONTEST PERIOD

Begin date:
The Tournament option will appear in the CBUB match creation sometime between June 1st 12AM PST (midnight) and June 2nd 12PM PST (noon).

End Date:
12PM PST (Noon) June 30

(PST is Pacific Standard Time)

HOW TO ENTER

This is a competition tournament contest which requires following the rules of the tournament, below.

TOURNAMENT RULES

Contestant must create at least three (3) CBUB Rated matches in the month of June.

Contestant must create these matches using the Tournament option in the CBUB Match Creator.

Each match created for the tournament may be rated by CBUB Members and Match Judges using the 5-star system located on the Forum page topic, as is the norm in CBUB rated matches.

Each match will receive ratings from at least 1 judge but may receive ratings from more, as is the norm in CBUB rated matches.

Matches will be rated for their entertainment and creative value to the judge or member who will read and rate the match.

Ratings will only count coming from Members who have a CBUB account older than January 1 2020.  CBUB Match Judges do not have this restriction.

Ratings a contestant gives to their own match will not count towards its score and will be discarded.

WINNER SELECTION

The winner will have the highest score at the time the tournament closes.

Score is a weighted average of the star ratings (one star to five stars) given by those members rating the Tournament matches.  All contestants will have a final score between 0 and 5.

The winner will have produced at least three (3) CBUB Rated matches in the month of June.

In the event of a tie, the tied players will continue to create matches which will be rated until there is one winner.

PRIZES:

Grand Prize: one $100 dollar Amazon gift card.

Terms and conditions may apply.

Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner.

ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE IS SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.

ADDITIONAL LIMITATIONS

Prize is non-transferable.

No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted.

The gift card will be an Amazon Gift Card by Email.  It will be sent using the Amazon online shopping platform (English / U.S.A version) to the registered Email address of the winning person of the contest.

Sponsor does not collect any personal information from users besides the email address.  Therefore, the email address is what will be used to provide the prize via Amazon U.S.A.

Sponsor and its respective agents and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the contest,
including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize.

Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the contest, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if Sponsor determines that the contest cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the contest.

In the event any tampering or unauthorized intervention may have occurred, Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue.

Sponsor and its respective agents and representatives, and any telephone network or service providers, are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription
of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of
any telephone network, computer equipment or software, the inability to access any website or online service or any other error, human or otherwise.

INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, THE AMAZON PLATFORM, ADMINISTRATOR, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THAT ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE THAT MAY BE WON.

SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE PRIZE.

SPONSOR AND AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST.

• Like 5

So, anybody else gonna acknowledge this? This is very good news! Events like this are a big part of what EF needs to get things going. 

Anyways, this should go without saying, but once the tourney starts, please rate matches fairly. 

23 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

So, anybody else gonna acknowledge this? This is very good news! Events like this are a big part of what EF needs to get things going. 

Anyways, this should go without saying, but once the tourney starts, please rate matches fairly. 

It is excellent news to hear, but it will take some effort for everyone to get their three matches in, so planning on the users part is necessary.

All that aside, rating will be key with a tourney, even more so than with general matches, so we all need to not be "better men " when it comes to that aspect of things.

Official business speal over, let's have some fun!

3 hours ago, Z451 said:

it will take some effort for everyone to get their three matches in, so planning on the users part is necessary.

To be fair, a person could create all three of their matches and run them at the same time if they wanted to.

Not saying that it's a good strategy to take... just that it should not be too difficult to make three matches in a month.

3 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Thanks! 

I understand everyone is probably a little rusty at it, but we are here to make matches, right?  I believe in you!

38 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Hey there hi there!
I'll give it a shot, if for no other reason than to make sure the winner looks better by having another person they beat.

Excellent. I like the cut of your jib.

I'm very excited for this tournament. I think it will really bring out some excellent matches from everyone. I'm just trying to decide which ones I want to post seeing as we don't have to stick with any one type of theme or story.

8 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

I'm very excited for this tournament. I think it will really bring out some excellent matches from everyone. I'm just trying to decide which ones I want to post seeing as we don't have to stick with any one type of theme or story.

Yeah, I hope we have some participation.  Could be a monthly thing.

Quick question before we get started, what if we make more than three matches? Do we have to state which of them are entering the tournament or are you just going to choose the three highest rated?

20 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Quick question before we get started, what if we make more than three matches? Do we have to state which of them are entering the tournament or are you just going to choose the three highest rated?

The rules state:
Contestant must create at least three (3) CBUB Rated matches in the month of June.

Therefore, a contestant may run as many matches as desired in the Tournament with a minimum of 3. 

The goal is to have the highest score.  It really depends on where your score is after 3 matches and if you think that it is prudent to go for another score in your weighted average.

Strategy. 

This new option should be available after midnight pacific time tonight.

choose_tourney.jpg

I will not participate, naturally, but I will be reading and rating all Tournament matches.

Good luck to all the participants.  I look forward to your matches.

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2020 at 5:59 PM, Fox said:

This new option should be available after midnight pacific time tonight.

choose_tourney.jpg

I will not participate, naturally, but I will be reading and rating all Tournament matches.

Good luck to all the participants.  I look forward to your matches.

I don't see where that option is. Might just be that I'm blind.

Oh wait, can a character only be in one active battle at a time? My write-up uses Spider-Man, wonder if the active battle with Spidey in it already is the problem for me.

Edited by Bergy_Berg
Clarification

Yes, characters can only be in one active battle. I think that goes for the tournament too. They can be used in multiple rumbles though. 

1 hour ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Oh wait, can a character only be in one active battle at a time? My write-up uses Spider-Man, wonder if the active battle with Spidey in it already is the problem for me.

Sorry mate!

I'll just let people know now I plan on using Anakin Skywalker for my next entry.