X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Sorry, no celebrities or other real people in CBUB

Fox

1 hour ago, Gizmo Hibiki said:

What about people with martial arts skills such as Jackie Chan or even Jean Claude Van Dam?

OK, yeah.  That seems reasonable in the context of the site.

And then you could make a case for people with certain fantastical skill sets like Harry Houdini and David Copperfield.

Could you make a case for the Reality TV 'Pawn Star Lord' or whatever guys?  Who knows, maybe.  But don't please. 

I have a question regarding this. Athletes such as Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, and Mike Tyson have been added to the Database in the past. There could be a way to make them work for matches, since these examples all have at least two fictional versions each in various media. My question is, would we need to re-add them as fictional versions of themselves, or could a match maker just reference which version he/she is using in a match?

On 5/18/2020 at 12:23 PM, Fox said:

This image from the BOOM series is Comic Book-like

SEP171300.jpg

His punch tears up the ground and whatnot.  That is clearly a fictionalized representation.

Heh, Roman Reigns has made his way to the comics now. :D

2 hours ago, DSkillz said:

I have a question regarding this. Athletes such as Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, and Mike Tyson have been added to the Database in the past. There could be a way to make them work for matches, since these examples all have at least two fictional versions each in various media. My question is, would we need to re-add them as fictional versions of themselves, or could a match maker just reference which version he/she is using in a match?

OK, let us say that Real People (tm) who have physical prowess like Athletes, Martial Artists and Pro wrestlers can just go into the Pop Culture section.

But let's try to be discerning about it.

I would be very careful about citing precedent when arguing for characters.   Simply put, we didn't always know what we were doing back then.  It would be entirely justified to say "Yeah, it happened before, but we're going to do a better job with rules this time."  I remember AC/DC sneaking in somehow!

6 minutes ago, Sir Exal said:

Simply put, we didn't always know what we were doing back then.  It would be entirely justified to say "Yeah, it happened before, but we're going to do a better job with rules this time." 

This is a pretty good way to tackle a LOT of things about the site in general.

Like, I had no problem using fanart for FPL pics back in the day, but nowadays I'd never just take someone's art-- especially something made by a fan-- and say "this pic represents my character, this is what they look like." Unless, you know, I had permission to do so. I shouldn't have done it in the past, but I'm more aware now. 

• Like 2